View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Worst moments in Survivor Series history!!

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
The final of the big 4 ppv moments is finally here. I've done the Royal Rumble, Wreslemania, and Summerslam. Now it is time to put the lists for Survivor Series. With all great ppvs including Wrestlemania, they have their share of bad moments. Here is my list for the top 10 worst moments in history of Survivor Series to help hype up the ppv:

10.HBK's trainer beatdown 96-Jose Lothario was managing HBK for his match against Sid. Sid grabbed a camera man's camera teasing he was going to hit HBK with it. Lothario got on the apron to try to stop him, but Sid knocked him off the apron which caused Sid to receive a Sweet Chin Music. However, HBK went out and checked on Lothario rather than get the cover to win the match. HBK crying wanting Lothario to get help, Sid recovers and hits HBK with the camera from behind. Throws him into the ring to hit the powerbomb to win the WWF title. Emotional sad moment you didn't want to see thinking Lothario had a heart attack. Losing the title like that is a reason why it is in my top 10 worst moments.
9.Gobbly Gooker debut 90-Hyped for weeks around the egg hatching at Survivor Series. We saw the debut of the Gobbly Gooker dancing around with Mean Gene in the middle of the ring. Some believe it is one of the worst moments in the history of wrestling. The reason it is so low on the list because I really didn't give a crap about him as much as I did of the moments above.
8.Cena fired!! 10-Cena isn't a top favorite of mine by any means nor would I call myself a Cena hater. I didn't want Cena to be fired. I wanted him to help Barrett win the belt so he could keep his job. Fued with Orton, R-Truth, and so forth til he wins the belt back at WM from Barrett. It was one of those emotional moments for all us fans whether you love him or hate him....he brings out emotions out. Cena never ended up leaving though...LOL!
7.HHH vs Kozlov 08-Probably the worst match contested for the WWE title. Originally, it was suppose to be Jeff Hardy in a triple threat match. Kozlov and HHH got boring chants the whole match with that slow pace. Edge's return helped revive the match, but it was the longest time before Edge showed up. Than Jeff came out....electric, but that WWE title match was terrible. Undefeated Kozlov vs HHH which was originally suppose to happen in the first place before they added Hardy. Another one of those title runs where you are like, why have it? Jeff won WWE title at the next ppv only to lose it again at the Rumble. Than Edge lost it at EC to HHH to later win the world title the same night from Cena. Only to have Cena end up winning the world title back at WM. Than Cena lost it to Edge at Backlash. Than Jeff Hardy won it from Edge at Extreme Rules only to lose it to Punk. Than title changes continued.....than you wonder why we have 10x world champions.......
6.Big Show replaces & wins WWF title 99-Advertised main event was Austin vs Rock vs HHH. Instead, Big Show replaces Austin and ends up winning the WWF title. Big Show? Main event of the next ppv for the WWF title was Big Show vs Big Bossman. He later dropped the belt on Raw to HHH. Disappointing knowing the main event of the ppv and not getting it. Not only that, but someone who you don't expect to leave with the WWF title leaves with it who wasn't over with the fans at all.
5.Lesnar undefeated no more 02-Back to back Big Show WWF title victories makes the worst moments list. This time, he defeats the streak meaning Lesnar's undefeated streak. Plan before Summerslam was to have Lesnar destroy Hogan and have a rematch at Survivor Series, but Hogan just agreed because he thought he would be beating Lesnar. That is why that didn't happen so Big Show took his place. Big Show ended up beating him thanks to Heyman. Terrible way to end a win streak. However, what is the best way to do it?Big Show was never appealing to me, but he was in his Giant days in WCW.
4.Batista sends Austin home 03-Team Austin vs Team Bischoff winner stays while the loser goes home. For those who have read my blogs in the past knows Austin and Rock were my favs all-time in the WWE. HBK was Batista bombed while the refs were trying to seperate a fight on the outside. Orton pinned HBK to send Austin home packing. This was really the last time Austin was on Raw for a weekly basis. Ended a run most of us including me enjoyed. Austin however did comeback to ref Lesnar vs Goldberg anyways, but an emotional moment for all us Austin fans at the time.
3.Jericho helps the Alliance 01-At the time, Y2J and Rock were fueding despite being on WWFs side. Jericho beat Rock for the WCW title during this time and lost it as well. Y2J during winner takes all 5 on 5 Survivor Series elimination match hit his finisher at the time on the Rock. However, Angle turned on the Alliance to help Rock and WWF win the classic Survivor Series match. Alliance of ECW/WCW had to leave....The moment Jericho hit Rock with his finisher, it was a shock by everyone where the gasp wasn't only for WWF fans, but also the WWF lockerroom. WWF won despite Jericho selfish ways almost costing WWF the match.
2.Austin gets run over 99-At the time, Austin obviously was my favorite wrestler. He went out to meet I believe HHH in the parking lot, but was run over by Rikishi. That wasn't known until a year later, but seeing your favorite superstar get hit by a car. Not seen for a long time, sad. That is probably why today, I don't know who my favorite wrestler of all-time is. Rock stepped up as the man when he went down. I know now that he was taken off TV because the long term effects of his neck injury that he suffered at Summerslam of 1997.
1.Montreal Screwjob 97-The most controversial match in the history of this company. It is the most talked about match in the history of wrestling. No match has been discussed more and we still don't know truly what happened. Heard a lot of different stories from both sides. Some say it was that Bret didn't want to drop the belt in Canada. Bret claimed he didn't care to drop the belt in Canada. He was standing up for the lockerroom. I think Bret thought that if HBK won, they'd have control of who got the main event matches as they did in the past with Deisel, Razor, HBK, and so on. He was thinking about Taker, Bulldog, Austin, and so forth. HHH, Vince, and so on decided to do business for him. They decided to just tell few people and tell no one that they had anything to do with it. Vince wanted it all to come down on him. However, some people believe it may have been fixed despite Vince still having the black eye 8 days later after Bret punched him. It almost caused Foley, Taker, and so forth to have a strike and not work the Raw show the next night. This moment brought out emotion in a lot of wrestlers who weren't involved in the match. Bret spit on Vince, broke the monitors, and punched Vince afterwards. Just got the grudge between 3 men of Vince, Bret, and HBK over in 2010.

There my friends are my top 10 worst moments in the history of Survivor Series. Thoughts on my picks? Did I miss any? Leave those in the comment section below. I hope you enjoyed this blog. Stay tuned for the best moments in the history of Survivor Series. That will be coming before this years Survivor Series ppv. Thanks for reading......

Submit "Worst moments in Survivor Series history!!" to Digg Submit "Worst moments in Survivor Series history!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Worst moments in Survivor Series history!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Worst moments in Survivor Series history!!" to Google

Comments

The Jose Lothario heart attack spot was one of the cheesiest of all time for me. HBK's overacting still makes me cringe to this day lol. And to this day I still can't tunderstand how the gobbledy gooker got from being an idea someone (probs under the influence) came up with to making it onto our screens without someone pointing out what an epic fail that was going to be. Pretty much agree with your list, bro, especially the number one. Bad bad night for wrestling all round there.

I actually enjoyed the Austin getting run over thing though. I thought it was a good way to write him off screen for awhile. It was crap the way they said it was Rikishi a year later tho... Rikishi who wasn't even with the company when it happened. Oh he was visting friends backstage that night... yeah... right. Still love his 'Bad Man' theme tune tho. I'm a bad man giving bad men bad looks, prince among theives and crooks..... that was the bomb. And he was spitting it himself.
    Awesome list. As for ; 7.HHH vs Kozlov 08- You had me cracking up on this WHOLEparagraph. So DAMN true!

I will add my two cents though. I'm a huge Hitman fan. I was in Montreal the night of the screwjob. I'm up in the Nations' Capital, and it's only a 45 mins drive from here. I was twelve at the time. The emotion and the crowd reaction that Vince got after the actual "screwjob" was absolutely insane. There is SOOOO much that any DVD hasn't shown or captured. Montreal was on the verge rioting. When Bret did the "WCW" had gesture, the whole crowd broke out in a "WCW" chant. The loads of garbage and WWE t-shirts that were thrown back into the ring was ridiculous. That night will forever be a night that I won't forget.

The one debate I have about the topic as a whole, (this stemming from recent debates with some of my buddies), is despite "what" was supposed to happen, whether or not Bret was in talks with Bischoff, or if he was merely sticking up for the lockeroom. Losing such a culminating rivalry on your own turf may have been what it all boiled down to. That being said; How would fans have reacted had Rock lost in his home town at this years Mania?!

When they suggested Miami would have rioted, I can honestly say "Hell Yea"!! lol
    This says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by PhEonYx
    Awesome list. As for ; 7.HHH vs Kozlov 08- You had me cracking up on this WHOLEparagraph. So DAMN true!

I will add my two cents though. I'm a huge Hitman fan. I was in Montreal the night of the screwjob. I'm up in the Nations' Capital, and it's only a 45 mins drive from here. I was twelve at the time. The emotion and the crowd reaction that Vince got after the actual "screwjob" was absolutely insane. There is SOOOO much that any DVD hasn't shown or captured. Montreal was on the verge rioting. When Bret did the "WCW" had gesture, the whole crowd broke out in a "WCW" chant. The loads of garbage and WWE t-shirts that were thrown back into the ring was ridiculous. That night will forever be a night that I won't forget.

The one debate I have about the topic as a whole, (this stemming from recent debates with some of my buddies), is despite "what" was supposed to happen, whether or not Bret was in talks with Bischoff, or if he was merely sticking up for the lockeroom. Losing such a culminating rivalry on your own turf may have been what it all boiled down to. That being said; How would fans have reacted had Rock lost in his home town at this years Mania?!

When they suggested Miami would have rioted, I can honestly say "Hell Yea"!! lol
    You get the 10th anniversary edition of wrestling with shadows of course meaning Bret Harts DVD on the incident that also includes a DVD on Owen Hart? I got it months ago when it was like 10 bucks at Walmart. I watched it years ago when it was on TV too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatBlueski
    The Jose Lothario heart attack spot was one of the cheesiest of all time for me. HBK's overacting still makes me cringe to this day lol. And to this day I still can't tunderstand how the gobbledy gooker got from being an idea someone (probs under the influence) came up with to making it onto our screens without someone pointing out what an epic fail that was going to be. Pretty much agree with your list, bro, especially the number one. Bad bad night for wrestling all round there.

I actually enjoyed the Austin getting run over thing though. I thought it was a good way to write him off screen for awhile. It was crap the way they said it was Rikishi a year later tho... Rikishi who wasn't even with the company when it happened. Oh he was visting friends backstage that night... yeah... right. Still love his 'Bad Man' theme tune tho. I'm a bad man giving bad men bad looks, prince among theives and crooks..... that was the bomb. And he was spitting it himself.
    Big show ended up replacing him in a match a lot of folks including myself wanted to see. Certainly was a good way to get him off TV. Austin was a fav of mine. I loved that song too....still got it on CD when they used to do those volumes.
    Survivor Series 2008 - Triple Threat Match, worst match in WWE history

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.