View RSS Feed

Delirious

The Way I See It - Bound for Glory

Rate this Entry
Hey, guys and gals! It's been a while since my last blog. I haven't had a lot of desire to write as frequently as I did when I first started this series, but perhaps that'll change in the near future. I haven't decided yet, but I'm considering a weekly TNA blog since DK is stepping away for a while.

Who knows; we'll all find out shortly, I guess. But anyway, I'm going to focus mostly on Bound for Glory, but I want to touch on a couple of quick things from this weeks Impact first:

1. Why am I hearing so much praise for the match between Austin Aries and James Storm? It was horrible! They kept running into each other, botching maneuvers and holds, and quite frankly, I don't think either man wanted to be out there. And come on, James Storm almost sandbagged on the Brainbuster attempt at the end of the match. He was practically deadweight! The match looked good on paper, but it was horribly executed and I was highly disappointed with the sloppiness.

Honestly, I don't know if it gets much better for Storm. He needs someone to carry him in the ring; otherwise, his performance is bland and basic.

2. What the hell are they doing with Tara? Her gimmick is annoying! She plays it well because she's a strong talent, but that's not her style. I've read many people's opinions -- and I agree -- we want the crazy Tara!

3. How many "fights" are we going at get at Bound for Glory? In the weeks leading up to the pay-per-view, I've heard James Storm (multiple times), Bobby Roode, and Bully Ray all say their respective matches "are going to be a fight, not a wrestling match!" Stop saying that, okay? It's annoying. We get the idea.

-----

Sorry about that, I just wanted to say a few things that I had on my mind from this past Thursday. Moving on, I'm going to post my predictions for TNA's biggest pay-per-view of the year: Bound for Glory. It's looking like a solid event on paper. Here's how I think the cookie will crumble:

TNA TV Title Match: Magnus vs. Samoa Joe

I said this last month in my predictions for No Surrender, but I'm going to say it again: TNA doesn't know what to do with Magnus. One moment, they're high on him and the next they're not. They need to either push him or leave him to rot in the midcard. They can't have it both ways.

This match was logical and I think most of us saw it coming. The fact that TNA kind of threw it together at the "last moment" and only gave it airtime this past week is stupid. Joe and Magnus could have built it into something more if they were given the opportunity to do so.

Samoa Joe is going to win this match. I hope he'll be able to solidify the TV championship into a solid mid-to-uppercard title.

WINNER: Samoa Joe

TNA X-Division Title Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Zema Ion

I find it hard to believe that this was TNA's initial plan when they started the storyline where Zema injures all of the X-Division talent. I think they were hoping Jesse would be back in time for a match at Bound for Glory, but the man is still recovering. Thus, at the last moment they threw Rob Van Dam into a match against Ion for the gold.

You know what? I don't mind it. I was a bit upset when Zema won the title at Destination X, but he's grown on me. I like his swagger and persona; he's such a flamboyant, arrogant bastard -- and I love it. As for RVD? I don't know when his contract is up, but I have a gut feeling that it's not too far from now. He hasn't been involved in many storylines recently, but I swear there was a time when I didn't think TNA ever wanted him to lose a match. But he lost to Samoa Joe clean a couple of weeks ago and I think he's going to lose to Zema at Bound for Glory. They may be using his final days to put some of their talent over.

But I would like to mention -- if RVD wins, I won't be upset. Like I said, he hasn't had much going in recent months, so this could give him some real direction.

WINNER: Zema Ion

Joey Ryan vs. Al Snow - If Ryan wins, he gets a TNA contract.

To me, it feels like TNA gave up on this angle in the middle of it. Much like everything else, they let it run on far too long and they made a couple of bad decisions along the way. I liked Joey Ryan at first, but now he comes across as whiny and I don't like it. As for Al Snow, I like him, but he doesn't look like he's in the best of shape -- which is understandable, seeing as the guy is up there in age and rarely wrestles -- but what I am saying is, this match shouldn't take place on Bound for Glory. I'm sure Joey can bring it, but he's going to have to carry Al in this match and I think that's not the kind of entertainment we're looking for on TNA's biggest night of the year. In fact, I think TNA should have this match take place on their live pre-show on Spike TV.

That being said, I still want Ryan to win and I want him to gain a TNA contract. Honestly? I don't know how this is going to play out. I can't tell you if it's going to be a clean finish; or Al Snow is going to turn -- or what. For that, I give TNA credit because I have my doubts that Joey is going to win this match with a simple three count. But the point is: he will have a contract once this is all said and done.

WINNER: Joey Ryan

TNA Knockouts Title Match: Miss Tessmacher vs. Tara

God, Crimson Chin -- I mean, Miss Tessmacher -- is so ugly. She looks like she's wearing an inch of make up and every piece of her looks fake. As for Tara? She's incredibly hot, especially for her age. But what am I saying? This isn't a beauty contest!

I said it at the beginning and I'll say it again: Tara's gimmick sucks. I don't care who her "Hollywood boyfriend" is because it's not going to be anyone important. But Tara is going to win this match and she's going to walk away with the Knockouts Title.

And I will say this: they have to do something with the Knockouts division! I read that someone the WWE recently released had a dark match this past week, Jillian Hall had one a couple of weeks ago, and The Blossom Twins may find their way to TNA in the future, but something has to change. I'm tired of seeing the same Knockouts. Oh, and I read that Velvet may be on her way back, but I'm not overly hyped about that either.

WINNER: Tara

TNA Tag Team Title Match: Styles & Angle vs. Guerrero & Hernandez vs. Daniels & Kazarian

I was pleasantly surprised with how much airtime TNA gave these guys to build their match. And you know what? It was executed brilliantly! They accomplished everything they wanted: Daniels and Kaz are pricks, Styles and Angle are at odds, and Guerrero and Hernandez look like they belong in the ring with these guys. Both Chavo and Hernandez picked up solid victories in individual matches; it was designed to make people think they could potentially win at BFG. Well executed, in my opinion.

But, as far as this one goes, Daniels and Kaz better retain. I was watching their segment with Sting and Hulk this past Thursday -- and honestly, they're the best thing since Beer Money in the tag division. At first, I was hesitant to really accept them as a dominant team, but they are so awesome and both men work their characters so well. It's necessary for TNA to keep the belts on them.

As far as the other guys? Guerrero and Hernandez are a solid team, but I don't want to see them win the belts, at least not yet. And with Angle and Styles, I have a feeling they're going to fall apart and turn on each other, leading to some awesome stuff between those two men.

WINNERS: Daniels and Kazarian

Street Fight: James Storm vs. Bobby Roode (w/ Muhammed Lawal as special enforcer)

I don't know about this one. From an entertainment standpoint, I want to see some crazy shit! These guys have wrestled each other so much in the past year, I'm kind of burnt out on the two of them facing one another. With that said, I have a feeling both guys will bring it and we'll get an entertaining contest.

King Mo is going to be involved in the finish. Option 1) he turns heel and assists Roode with the victory. I think this one is a bit of a long shot, considering he hasn't really established himself yet, so a heel turn of this magnitude won't mean too much. Option 2) I think this is the more likely option, but he's either going to intentionally or unintentionally become involved in the match, allowing Storm to pick up the victory. Either way, this is a Street Fight and he's the Special Enforcer, so you know things are going to get crazy and he'll be involved.

I'm gonna go with Option 2, thus the person winning this match is James Storm. I think he needs it more than Roode, he needs that closure and victory to regain some of the steam he's lost in the recent month or so.

WINNER: James Storm

Aces & 8s vs. Sting and Bully Ray

Man, oh, man -- I'm going crazy over this match because WE ALL KNOW something -- or I should say, someone -- is going to turn. I thought it was going to be Bully Ray, but I think TNA has made it too obvious. Ray turning on Sting and siding with Aces and Eights would be too predictable -- or maybe TNA thinks we're stupid and we don't see it happening. Ray, as a character, has had a complete transformation over the past two weeks; from one of the top heels in the business, to one of the best overall characters and workers in the business. He may still turn -- or maybe he won't, I still think it's too obvious.

Also, I think Sting may turn as well. I don't think there would be a bigger "holy shit" moment than if Sting turned on Hogan and Ray, and TNA as a whole, to side with Aces and Eights. Everyone thinks of Ray as a possibility, but besides us "over-thinkers" on the internet, I don't think many casual fans think Sting would turn his back. So, because of that, I think it would be epic.

But I can't decide. I'm not going to do with one option of the other; maybe Ray will turn, maybe he won't -- maybe Sting will turn, maybe he won't -- Hell, maybe both guys will turn. I will say this: this isn't about who wins or loses. Aces and Eights is a dead storyline, in my opinion, but TNA can bring it back to life if they handle it correctly at BFG. I, for one, am waiting as patiently as a I can to see what happens.

WINNERS: N/A

TNA World Title Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Austin Aries

I don't want WWE, but I did see the famous "shoot-style-thingy" CM Punk did a year and a half ago on Raw. I thought of that while I listened to Austin Aries at the end of Impact this past Thursday. I thought he was brilliant -- and even though I know better, I was waiting for the feed to cut out, or his microphone to cut off because for a SECOND, and I am willing to admit this, for a SECOND I was nearly convinced he was going off-script. TNA, take notice of this -- being live has many, many positives. If his promo was on a taped show, it would have done nothing. Being live helps things come across so much better.

Anyway, I loved the heel turn -- in fact, I've loved the entire build to this match. I think TNA gets into a pattern of building feuds the same way every month; usually a couple of brawls, maybe a big one where security holds back the individuals involved, etc. But this feud, they did it beautifully. It was well-executed and I loved every second of it.

With that being said, I think Aries is going to retain. I think the ultimate goal is to put the belt on Hardy, which is fine, but I don't think BFG is the right place. Aries needs to retain and perhaps they can have another match next month; and if TNA wants to have Aries lose in that one, I'd be fine with it.

WINNER: Austin Aries

-----

Sorry guys, I went a little long with my predictions. I'll say this: I don't feel like this card is predictable, or cookie-cutter or any of that stuff. I had trouble choosing winners for a couple of these matches because I feel like they could truly go either way. It's crazy. It's definitely going to be a great show, that's for sure.

I hope you guys enjoyed. And thanks for reading. I'm sure I'll be back sooner rather than later with another edition of The Way I See It!

Submit "The Way I See It - Bound for Glory" to Digg Submit "The Way I See It - Bound for Glory" to del.icio.us Submit "The Way I See It - Bound for Glory" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Way I See It - Bound for Glory" to Google

Tags: angle, aries, bfg, hardy, tna
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I agree that this is a very unpredictable card. Other than Zema Ion, I really don't know who's going to win or what's going to happen.
    How is Ace's and 8's a dead storyline? I totally disagree. They've done the majority of the storyline great. Yeah the AA vss Luke Gallows match was kinda whack, but for the most part they've done this one great. I think there are so many possibilities of who turns/debuts/returns.

Yeah it would make sense that Bully Ray be the leader. (Kinda a let down though)
    It would be shocking if Sting was (but tbh it's not cause Sting is a shit ass heel. Sting as a heel is no good. Wasn't in WcW or earlier in TNA, and with his in ring limitability he'd be a garbage heel)
    Eric Bischoff is kinda wild card guess but it would make sense
    Jeff Jarret would make A LOT of sense. But are we really wanting to see ANOTHER "I want my company back" storyline? Plus a Sting/Jarrett match at Lockdown. But out of everybody Jeff Jarrett makes the most sense. He's been gone for almost a year now. He was royal screwed out of the first spot in the TNA Hall of Fame. Yeah Double J makes sense
    Matt Morgan after they showed a clip of him two weeks on Impact, I can only wonder if that means anything now that he's signed with TNA.
    Just a wild thought: I feel like either daniels/Kaz or Styles/Angle will turn out as Leaders of A&Es... I know it may not be a possibility....

The best possibility is Bully ray with the help of Twisted Monster abyss...Though Jarett makes sense....I do not want to see another Jarett Vs Sting thing...
    They might try a split personality thing, like Joseph Park is still a good guy but his dark side Abyss has been taking over and helping out Aces and 8's. So Abyss ends up being the Aces and 8's leader. I think Bully Ray or Sting or even Jarrett are all more likely, but Park would be an interesting way to go, and I think I read somewhere that Abyss is supposed to make an appearance tonight...
    If they put RVD over Zema Ion I'll be so pissed and letdown, but I bet they do it. They let RVD beat Magnus last month, which accomplished zero and hurt the momentum they were building with Magnus' character. I'm thinking they'll do the same thing here, and book a pointless RVD win over a promising young star who could really benefit from beating a declining legend. I hope TNA proves me wrong, and they do the smart thing with an Ion victory, but somehow I doubt it'll happen.
    I was a little disappointed the Jeff got the belt again?! Aries hadn't even hit his stride yet, hopefully this won't last to long. This is actually why I prefer TNA to WWE, it's not always the same 3 guys in the main event for 6 months straight.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.