View RSS Feed

awesomeone22

Introducing TNA new business model

Rate this Entry
With recent actives in TNA wrestling as of Late I would like to discuss how there Pay-Per-View schedule should look for the year of 2012 and beyond. You will notice that I have subtracted the Pay-Per-Views that generate the lowest buyrate in the year. TNA now have a revamped Pay-Per-View schedule with eight events per hear which is a way better schedule to work off of also I would like to address the Following WWE owns Sunday Nights and the UFC owns Saturday night Television Try to compete with that and you will fail which is why I think. TNA should Move there PPV's To Wednesday night still in the normal three hour format but now Bound For Glory and Slamiversity will be four hour Format's. The Fee per event will Be $20.00 dollars each or you can by a Year Pass for $80.00 dollars that will get you a entire year of TNA action for just
$80.00 dollars the events are as followed.

January 2nd, 2013 - Genesis - Madison Square Garden - Manhattan, New York
In wrestling foke lour it is said that you have not made it till you made it in the garden with that said I think with TNA new Business Model Madison Square Garden is a wise choice for TNA in there new skin. This will easily be a sellout.

February 6th, 2013 - Against All Odds - Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland, Ohio

Professional wrestling has such a Rich history with the state of Ohio and this very Arena here fans saw WWE owner Vince McMahon Purchase his own competitor World Championship Wrestling in the summer of 2001 also Wrestling Fans witnessed The Historic WWE Pay-Per-Veiw Invasion in 2001. The demand for TNA Wrestling is high in Ohio I can see this being a sellout within Seconds.

April 3rd, 2013 - Lockdown - Staples Center - Los Angeles, California

Another venue rich in Professional Wrestling history this venue has played host to WWE Wrestlemania 21 in 2005 and has been home to WWE SummerSlam for the last Four Years. Another fanbase that loves the TNA product. I see this a sellout as well.

June 5th, 2013 - Slammiversary - Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, North Carolina

This would be a first for the venue however this is a city that is rich in wrestling history so not for the city this city has play host to some of the greatest if not the greatest matches in NWA history for one of there bigger events this would be perfect and honestly a sell out.

July 3rd, 2013 - Destination X - Pepsi Center - Denver, Colorado

Another great venue that because of the owner ego has not held a WWE event in years I believe TNA can jump on this opportunity and sell this venue out.

September 4th, 2013 - No Surrender - Scottrade Center - St. Louis, Missouri

Once again another great city with wrestling history the people of St. Louis love there wrestling and if that said the Scottrade Center would be sold out in minutes.

October 2nd, 2013 - Bound For Glory - Georgia Dome - Atlanta, Georgia

Great City Great venue that loves its wrestling this venue has played host to WCW Monday nitro and Wrestlemania 27 this well be a easy sell out it would also be nice to see TNA add a fan axxess to this event.

December 4th, 2013 - Final Resolution - TD Garden - Boston, Massachusetts

With TNA putting themselves in yet another historical venue that will easily sell out TNA has made a good business decision .
2014 PPV Calender

January 1st, 2014 -Genesis - American Airlines Arena - Miami, Florida

Making there return to Florida after a one year hiatus there not going back to the impact zone. There making there debut in The American Airlines Arena In Miami to a sell out crowd.

February 5th, 2014 - Against All Odds - AT&T Center - San Antonio, Texas

Making there long awaited debut in Texas TNA will sellout the AT&T center in a matter of seconds

April 2nd, 2014 - Lockdown - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, Illinois

The Illinois fans demanded it for years Finally TNA has come to the Allstate Arena You will witness History.

June 4th , 2014 - Slammiversary - Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

TNA Finally makes it Pay-Per-View debut in Philly a city that loves its wrestling Expect a sell out crowd.

July 2nd, 2014 - Destination X - EnergySolutions Arena - Salt Lake City, Utah

For the first time ever a wrestling event comes to the EnergySolutions Arena Join TNA and the city of Salt Lake city and witness history.

September 3rd, 2014 - - Destination X - Barclays Center - Brooklyn, New York

This brand new arena will witness its first Wrestling Event ever when TNA No Surrender Pay-Per-View invades the arena. Witness history with the city of Brooklyn and TNA Wrestling.

October 1st 2014 - Bound For Glory - CenturyLink Field - Seattle, Washington

For the first time ever TNA Wrestling invades Seattle Washington's CenturyLink Field Join TNA as we make history once again also TNA Fan Axxess will be held at The Washington State Convention Center.

December 3rd, 2014 - Final Resolution - US Airways Center - Phoenix, Arizona

Phoenix demanded it TNA Wrestling Brought it Witness history with TNA Wrestling.

Submit "Introducing TNA new business model" to Digg Submit "Introducing TNA new business model" to del.icio.us Submit "Introducing TNA new business model" to StumbleUpon Submit "Introducing TNA new business model" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Love the ideas and the format. 8 PPV's a year is awesome. But sell the year pass for $100. It's a cleaner number. And don't sweat the Sunday thing. UFC does their PPV's on Saturdays, but so does Boxing when they have them. There's plenty of room.

You got some pretty big venues listed here. Before they can even comtemplate something like that, they need to create celebrities out of their wrestlers. For example, this Bound For Glory media blitz, needs to be handled by Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, James Storm, and AJ Styles. These guys are among the best in the biz, and nobody knows who they are. To draw people into MSG, or Wells Fargo Center (they would never do wrestling at Lincoln Financial Field), they need to get their top guys pushed into the main stream. They need to market them and spend money to get them known. Bobby Roode and James Storm, should be on Howard Stern today, not Hogan. They need to get these guys in front of a massive audience and let them shine a little.

Also, to hold your PPV's in huge venues, they would need to bring in some celebrity talent to boost it. So, if they're in Wells Fargo for Slammiversary, somehow get some big time Philly athletes like Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, and Jimmy Rollins to be a part of the show. Get some big time musicians from the area to hold a pre-show concert of sorts. And do a cross-promotion with the Phillies or Sixers or something.

Great ideas. Just, a WHOLE LOT of new business modeling and formatting would need to be done for them to even scratch the surface of it.
    Updated 10-09-2012 at 01:44 PM by DK Wrestling Savior
    I thank you for your feed back this is only part one of many more and I do tell the story of how thing will become.
    you know, companies do have to pay to use arenas...

its not like Dixie could walk into MSG and say, "hey guys, can we please use your arena for 3 hours on a weekend night?" and they say, "sure thing Dixie, no problem, this one is on the house"

i do not think TnA has the money to rent ANY of these locations. and on top of that, only charging $20.00 per ppv?

how would TnA make any money with your proposition? because you know, that is the point of business.

also, what is the point in leasing 20k arenas when you cannot even draw 5k?

i like the TnA product, i think it has great potential with some great talent, but this blog is just silly, sorry.
    SHW thanks for the feed back but I will talk about where there extra money would be coming from in my later blogs along with other company growth bullet-points

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.