View RSS Feed

Aaron Gratton

Gratton’s World of Wrestling: The Best Thing Right Now

Rate this Entry
Everyone loves to criticise and make their voices heard about what they hate – yet, they come back for more.

So, there must be something that people like, right?

Well, let me tell you what is (by far) the best thing in wrestling right now – Daniel Bryan and Kane, otherwise now known as Team Hell No. Okay, so I admit, I’m not really feeling the name too much, but I can look past that. Why are Kane and Bryan so damn good? It’s easy, because it was a mistake.

WWE creative never meant to turn them into a team; instead, wanting to continue their feud together. It was only because of how well they worked as a unit, the chemistry showed and the crowd reaction that gave us, the fans, this spectacular gift that keeps on giving.

Avid dirt sheet readers will already know that Bryan and Kane as a tag team was a mistake – and were supposed to face each other at Night of Champions. This helps make up three reasons why this is easily the best thing in wrestling, which is proof that fan power (or, if your name’s John Laurinaitis, people power) actually works! Yes, Vince does take note, you guys.

Second reason; this has been the boost the tag division has craved for so many years. Now, we actually care about those horrible bronze belts. The only downside, however, is that now WWE are trying to force teams together and hope for another Bryan/Kane moment of brilliance. Not going to happen. I have two examples of this – Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara and Cody Rhodes/Damien Sandow. I have nothing against any of those names mentioned, but what makes Bryan and Kane work so well, what makes them so utterly brilliant to watch, is that they are complete opposites.

Oh, and the third reason that makes them the best thing right now is that I genuinely come close to wetting myself with prolonged periods of laughter. Please see Kane’s “I’m going to Disneyland” moment if you haven’t already – I challenge you not to laugh until it hurts.

Where do Daniel Bryan and Kane go from here?

Simple, dominate the tag team division, win all other championships (including the divas championship, just so we can hear them argue about who is the divas champion) and eventually begin a love triangle with Santina Marella.

Okay, probably not. But you can guarantee that whatever happens next for Team Hell No (still looking past the name) will easily be the highlight of Raw and Smackdown.

What I would like to see, though, with AJ Lee being placed on probation with concerns over her own mental health, is Kane and Bryan given the Raw GM job for a few weeks on account of their tremendous improvement in anger management. Could you imagine the possibilities? And you thought things got crazy when the set caught fire.

What happens next is anyone’s guess, but for the sake of making my television viewing that bit more enjoyable, Bryan and Kane need as much TV time as is humanly possible.

Keep calm and hug it out.

Aaron Gratton – Follow me on Twitter: @ABGratton24

Submit "Gratton’s World of Wrestling: The Best Thing Right Now" to Digg Submit "Gratton’s World of Wrestling: The Best Thing Right Now" to del.icio.us Submit "Gratton’s World of Wrestling: The Best Thing Right Now" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gratton’s World of Wrestling: The Best Thing Right Now" to Google

Updated 10-04-2012 at 05:05 AM by Aaron Gratton

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Based on the title of this blog, I was expecting something about the best thing going in the "world of wrestling". While Daniel Bryan and Kane is the best thing going in WWE, I think it pales in comparison to the Aces & Eights storyline going on in TNA. Just my opinion.
    Tag team division as a whole in my opinion the best of any right now that I currently watch. WWE>ROH>TNA tag division. Daniel Bryan is my favorite and has been for a while because I love the reaction he gets from the crowd when he comes out. He says no and they say yes. Hilarious....wrestling always been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Based on the title of this blog, I was expecting something about the best thing going in the "world of wrestling". While Daniel Bryan and Kane is the best thing going in WWE, I think it pales in comparison to the Aces & Eights storyline going on in TNA. Just my opinion.
    I dislike that storyline cuz it involves old guys like Hogan who I don't care to see anymore. Make it special when a man like Hogan shows up. Don't do it weekly so it will mean nothing when he is on the show. That along with not seeing the men yet is frustrating with that stupid voice they use. Wish it would end, feels like it is trying to overshadow Aries run as world champion. I was glad when he became champion, but since he has....I've realized how over-rated he is. Don't like his promos, when battling Aces and 8s he looked stiff and hilarious.

Was Kevin Steen a few months ago until he lost some steam. Don't know, but nothing in TNA besides Joe being TV champion is what I like. Don't like Angle and AJ as a team. Tag division is at its worst. What a waste of their great talent to put them in a tag title match. Daniels is still riding AJ's coattails. Rather have seen AJ or Angle face Aries in the main event of BFG. Nothing really on the show currently is like, I can't wait to see who wins this match besides hopefully Joe vs Magnus. Knockouts title match is intriguing, but I don't like Tess. Joey Ryan vs Al Snow is more intriguing to me than Aces and 8s....just my opinon o.
    I will stick my neck out and agree with you because these guys ARE putting out comedy gold week in and week out. I will admit that the first couple of Anger Management session vignettes left me cold, but as they series went on it built up to what has been one of the best episodic comedy spots I've seen on TV in years, WWE or otherwise.

I was worried when WWE did an online poll asking whether the Universe preferred a "light" or "dark" version of Kane, fearing they were going to make him into a clown a la Big Show, but I needn't have worried. D-Bry and Kane are the next Abbott and Costello / Fry and Laurie IMHO.

Oh, and if anyone can give me the name of the actor playing Dr. Shelby and what he's been in before I'd appreciate it. I KNOW I've seen him before and it's really bothering me! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Daniel Bryan is my favorite and has been for a while because I love the reaction he gets from the crowd when he comes out. He says no and they say yes. Hilarious....wrestling always been great.
    Totally agree. He has become a master at working the crowd and can even stop a "Let's go Cena/Cena sucks" in full flow with the push of a button. Amazing!
    I'd go out on a whim and say the best thing in wrestling today is Bully Ray. Easily the funniest, most entertaining wrestler in the big three. (Wwe, tna, roh)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I dislike that storyline cuz it involves old guys like Hogan who I don't care to see anymore. Make it special when a man like Hogan shows up. Don't do it weekly so it will mean nothing when he is on the show.
    I only said Aces & Eights...but everyone has their opinion...I do agree with most of what you said. I'm frustrated with Aces & Eights, because of how they handled the angle, but I think it's still the best thing going in wrestling. I youtube the Kane/Bryan segments because they're funny, but from what I read, WWE has been like plain rice, bland and tasteless.

I fully, FULLY, 10000000000% agree with Hulk Hogan. He needs to recognize he's not a draw anymore. If he appears as a special attraction once in a while, that's great. But, four or five segments a show? Bullshit.

I personally like Angle & AJ as a team. Simply because, there's really nothing else for them to do right now. I'm happy they haven't Cena-fied them and kept them in the title pictre for years upon years. Other than that, yes, the tag team division has been down.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.