View RSS Feed

Vertigo

WWE: The Sad Truth About the Divas

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
I know this is related to my last blog and yet it's different enough to deserve a separate blog. I just read the following news on this website:

WWE officials like Kaitlyn as a personality, but feel it will be a while before she improves her in-ring work. Meanwhile, Naomi is considered such a good athlete that she raises the bar for other female talents—which some feel could cause resentment from those with more experience but less athletic ability.

If you ask me this is what the WWE is all about now. How ironic is it that the winner they picked is the one they already feel that needs work while the second place and third are acknowledged by them as the best atheletes with Naomi having the possibility of causing resentment among the main roster girls who can barely keep it together in the ring?

The women's division in the WWE is a disgrace right now. Long gone are the days of Trish and Lita, Jacqueline, Victoria, Jazz and Ivory. In its place we have 2 minute matches that fail to get the crowds interested. I can't remember the last time Gail Kim was tagged into a tag match, seems they all finish without her help. Instead of seeing her (who is arguably the most athletc diva right now) pushed we see bimbos like Kelly Kelly and Tiffany and even bimbos who managed to improve like both members of Laycool (coughs the beautiful people).

The true and talented divas that deserve to be pushed are Gail, Natalya (yes I know she's the champ now but it took them a long time), Beth and maybe Tamina. Others have some skills but are either over rated or not as deserving and these girls.

Here are some of the top reasons the divas are a joke right now:

1. Gail has never been pushed at all. It's like she's being punished for her time in TNA and they only have her to keep TNA from having the dominating women's division they used to have.

2. Laycool. They were pushed for way too long and they weren't so much mean as they were clowns. The way Layla overacts with her stupid facial experssions just screams clown to me.

3. Not every girl should be a "serious" wrestler. I think that one of the best things the Attitude Era did with the divas was have some that were the actual wrestlers and others that were just there to be sexy. Divas like Stacy, Terri Runnels, the Kat, Torrie and Sable they weren't serious contenders and yet they all kept me entertained, but having everyone in the ring all the time doesn't work.

4. The Bellas. Ok those 2 were all always a joke gimmick, but it's gotten worse in time. Now they just get pimped out to the guest host of RAW and they have one tag match a month or so and somehow they always win it. Other than catering to the twin fantasy they're just a joke that's gotten old.

5. Santina becoming Miss Wrestlemania. This was one of the biggest things that made me realize the Divas divisionw as just a joke. I mean it was bad when Harvey Whippleman won the women's title, but it lasted like a day and Jacqueline won the belt off him so it wasn't as big a deal, but this Miss Wrestlemania thing was stretched on for a while were all he did besides comedy was make it evident that nobody there cared which of the divas won.

When I found out that Natalya became women's champion (there was no way I was gonna pay to watch what I already knew was gonna be garbage) I thought that maybe the WWE had wised up a bit and was going to focus on wrestling before entertainment as the WWE name suggests, but after reading this new about NXT I'm painfully aware that this situation's not changing any time soon.

Submit "WWE: The Sad Truth About the Divas" to Digg Submit "WWE: The Sad Truth About the Divas" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE: The Sad Truth About the Divas" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE: The Sad Truth About the Divas" to Google

Updated 12-03-2010 at 08:52 AM by Frank

Tags: wwe, wwe divas
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

1. Gail has never been pushed at all. It's like she's being punished for her time in TNA and they only have her to keep TNA from having the dominating women's division they used to have.
    Considering TNA already lost ODB and Awesome Kong, they're doing that job themselves...

Other then that, agree. I miss the early 90s when Alundra Blayze and Bull Nakano were wrestling on WWE. Female wrestlers who were on par with the male wrestlers in terms of ability.

Agreed. Gail could be the first woman in the world to hold the 3 major womens championships- Diva, TNA Knockouts and Womens. But the way the divas landscape is right now, I know that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Gails like the Christian of the divas, as you said it's like she got punished for her venture in TNA. WWE should let it go, that was a longggg time ago and they have her now, why not use her? I hate to see actual talent go wasted in the WWE.
    Agreed. Gail should be their womens..sorry divas champ. The Bella's Should be heel since they switch & cheat all the time. Laycool was over the top, remember Layla dressed like "Piggy James"? Most of the new divas are based off looks & acting/modeling history, with absolutely 0 in ring skill required. meanwhile the real female professional wrestlers are being underutilized & forgotten about. I would care for wwe's womens...divas (see there it is again..wtf) division if they were to have Gail Kim vs. Natalia or put Aj & Naomi in a feud or some good matches together. Or have the four of them at wrestlemainia.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6maximum6carnage6
    Agreed. Gail should be their womens..sorry divas champ. The Bella's Should be heel since they switch & cheat all the time. Laycool was over the top, remember Layla dressed like "Piggy James"? Most of the new divas are based off looks & acting/modeling history, with absolutely 0 in ring skill required. meanwhile the real female professional wrestlers are being underutilized & forgotten about. I would care for wwe's womens...divas (see there it is again..wtf) division if they were to have Gail Kim vs. Natalia or put Aj & Naomi in a feud or some good matches together. Or have the four of them at wrestlemainia.

Gail vs Natalia would be amazing to see,but wwe "I doubt is going to do that anytime soon.Its too good an idea so wwe will just ignore it. I remember when Natalia first got in wwe and I saw her first match I was impressed with her skills and thought at the time this woman is going to bring womens wrestling back to a level of respectability.But then it was reported around the time of her debut that some women I think Kelly Kelly namely was quoted as saying to her "you have to wrestle the wwe way".pretty much resented Natalia and wwe wanted her to change her style in the ring.That pretty much magnifys one of wwe's biggest flaws,they just need to let people be themselves and wrestle thier own way,especially if they got the skill and talent.
    Awesome blog, you pointed out all of the serious downfalls. Keep it up
    How are any of you willing to agree with everything this person wrote. Gail Kim is good and should have been pushed, but, when WWE would have Mickie v Melina, or Beth v Melina, or Mickie/Beth, you people still didn't care. Everyone says if WWE gave the deserving divas matches then you'd watch, no you wouldn't. Plus, who are you to decide who is deserving, if it was up to you, Cena and Batista wouldn't have been main eventers. All of you let you're personal hatred,(which is stupid, because you don't know these stars) get in the way of realizing who is good for business or who they feel deserves it for real. You fans are more interested in getting on camera or getting your signs on camera then you are watching the matches no matter who's in the ring.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.