View RSS Feed

RoadWarrior

9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29

Rate this Entry
I always thought you shouldn't book your biggest show of the year based off the other PPVs, but book the other PPVs based off your big show of the year. WrestleMania is about putting together the best possible card you can have with your current roster. Dream matches, surprises, returns, this is the show to pull out all the stops. I've been pretty disappointed in the last few WrestleManias. While they were OK, they weren't anything compared to previous years. WWE needs to step it up this WM, so here are 8 matches that realistically should be booked for the Superbowl of Wrestling.

WrestleMania 29
WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. The Rock vs. John Cena
I'm predicting this is what will end up happening, but it should anyway. While I'm not a fan of triple threats, no one would care to see Cena vs. Rock II. Most likely we'll see that at RR. Punk vs. Rock would be okay but where does that leave Cena? All three have had encounters and this would make the most sense storyline wise.

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
Since their confrontation @ UFC PPV a few years ago, we really haven't heard anything about their little feud since, and that's a good thing. Somewhere in the near future, they need to have an encounter to help build this up. Since Brock has limited dates and Taker rarely appears they could have one in ring confrontation and film a bunch of promos outside the ring to help build. These two already have a story, soon it'll be time to reintroduce it.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
Orton needs to turn heal soon, and the WHC seems to be over enough to lead SD as the lead babyface. I'd start this feud before Survivor Series, having each man lead his team to face each other, have them eliminate each other from the RR setting up a match @ Mania. But in the end, Ziggler cashes in and becomes the new Heavyweight Champion.

Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Ryback
Miz should hold on the the IC for a while and have a solid run with it. While this match looks like it'll happen very soon before Mania, it shouldn't. They could make huge money off this if they did it right. How bout this storyline: Miz files a suit against Ryback for ruining Miz TV, hiring David Otunga who files a restraining order against Ryback. Finally, before WM, the restraining order is broken allowing Ryback to finally face the Miz for the IC Title. Let it build, have Ryback feud with Miz's associates until he's finally able to get his hands on him.

Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara
I read they're thinking about turning one of the two heal but I think that's a mistake. Both men are really over with the kids, and if they want to get Sin Cara over to take Mysterio's place when he retires one day, having baby face Mysterio put him over and endorse him at the end will do wonders for Sin Cara rather than a heal Mysterio, which I don't think could even work. This would be a great entertaining dream match for many.

Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan
Bryan and Kane's run won't last forever. These two could put on a great match and maybe even do a Nexus storyline here building up the match. I AM NEXUS! NO I AM NEXUS! I've always enjoyed the chemistry these two have, but pretty much any match with Bryan is money.

Cody Rhodes vs. Mick Foley - NO DQ
Pretty much this match would do 2 things: Legitimize Rhodes & put him over the hump. Granted Foley may not be the man RIGHT NOW to do it, if he got in shape, made a return and built a story with Cody, it could happen. Look what Foley did for Orton and Edge's career. He made them look like a legitimate tough guys who could hang with the Hardcore legend. Cody's career needs this more than anything else right now.

#1 Contender Battle Royal for the IC Title
You need something to throw in that take get a lot of superstars on the show. Damien Sandow wins, moving on to feud with the newly crowned IC Champion Ryback.

Tag Team Championship
Primetime Players vs. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
Ryder's singles career is floundering. Hawkins is rarely to be seen. The Tag Division needs help. The answer? Reform Ryder & Hawkins, dub them the Long Island Express, and showcase the Tag Team Titles on the biggest PPV of the year. Primetime Players WILL win the titles from Kane & Bryan, just a matter of time.

There you have it. You might like it, you might hate it, but with the proper build I believe it could be an awesome card and one of the better WrestleMania's we've seen in a while. No Ziggler except cashing would be my own concern, but as long as he gets his WrestleMania moment than he should be okay.

Submit "9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29" to Digg Submit "9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29" to del.icio.us Submit "9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29" to StumbleUpon Submit "9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I agree with TheGreatOne! Their has been quite a lot of bad main eventz at wrestlemania. Like previously mention Sid vs Hogan. It was a sleeper!
    Quote Originally Posted by #BITW
    rock vs cm punk for the wwe championship
    wade barrett vs bryan vs ziggler for the world heavyweight championship
    undertaker vs brock lesnar
    rey & sin cara vs PTP vs usos vs gabriel & kidd in a fatal four way tornado tag tables elimination match for the tag team championship
    thats what should happen
    How would you book Cena? Don't see him on your wrestlemania card. Sad to see how much blind hate someone has for a person they keep the biggest draw off the show. Just like keeping a guy like Rock, hogan, or Stone Cold off show when they were on top. Not gonna happen.....if you did that you would be fired on the spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJarvis100
    Taker vs lesnar last man standingRock vs punk wwe title Cena vs BarrettZiggler vs Jericho vs Orton WHCSheamus vs BryanAJ vs Eve divas titlePtp vs epico & primo vs usos vs Pro tag titlesStable vs stable in a 10 man tag OR8 man MITB ladder match
    Sad how some folks need to book gimmicks to their matches to believe they are a good booker. Can you not have a good storylines leading up to WM? Terrible booking time to put gimmick matches for WM since you got Extreme Rules ppv the next month. Vince would laugh at you if you told him to book them matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    How would you book Cena? Don't see him on your wrestlemania card. Sad to see how much blind hate someone has for a person they keep the biggest draw off the show. Just like keeping a guy like Rock, hogan, or Stone Cold off show when they were on top. Not gonna happen.....if you did that you would be fired on the spot.
    I would buy it just because cena wasn't on there.
    1. Undertaker vs Brodus Clay 2. Heath Slater (c) vs Santino Marella for WWE Championship 3. Zack Ryder (c) vs David Otunga for World Heavyweight Championship 4. John Cena and Rock vs CM Pumk and Brock Lesnar vs Kane and Daniel Bryan vs R-Truth and Little Jimmy (c) for Tag team championship 5. Goldberg vs Ryback 6. Mixed tag team match - Ricardo Rodriguez and Vickie Guerrero vs Michael Cole and AJ Lee 7. Drew McIntyre vs Ted Dibiase - winner gets to appear in Raw once anytime within the next year.
    Updated 09-24-2012 at 06:57 AM by Taneel
    What about Triple H vs Wade Barret!!!.....Give Triple H his last match at Wrestlemania.....even if he wins it still will soldify Wade Barret as a World Title contender.....My Opinion since Barret reminds me so much of the Heel HHH...
    Quote Originally Posted by ut11smithcor
    I would buy it just because cena wasn't on there.
    You would buy it if Cena was there simply because it is Wrestlemania. However, let us put this to a test: Let's say Cena haters like yourself would buy the ppv while Cena lovers wouldn't. Would that not hurt the buyrate? You Cena haters would buy the ppv whether he was on the show or not. How many kids are going to ask their mom or dad to buy the dvd when it comes out w/o Cena? Not very many.....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.