View RSS Feed

RoadWarrior

9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29

Rate this Entry
I always thought you shouldn't book your biggest show of the year based off the other PPVs, but book the other PPVs based off your big show of the year. WrestleMania is about putting together the best possible card you can have with your current roster. Dream matches, surprises, returns, this is the show to pull out all the stops. I've been pretty disappointed in the last few WrestleManias. While they were OK, they weren't anything compared to previous years. WWE needs to step it up this WM, so here are 8 matches that realistically should be booked for the Superbowl of Wrestling.

WrestleMania 29
WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. The Rock vs. John Cena
I'm predicting this is what will end up happening, but it should anyway. While I'm not a fan of triple threats, no one would care to see Cena vs. Rock II. Most likely we'll see that at RR. Punk vs. Rock would be okay but where does that leave Cena? All three have had encounters and this would make the most sense storyline wise.

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
Since their confrontation @ UFC PPV a few years ago, we really haven't heard anything about their little feud since, and that's a good thing. Somewhere in the near future, they need to have an encounter to help build this up. Since Brock has limited dates and Taker rarely appears they could have one in ring confrontation and film a bunch of promos outside the ring to help build. These two already have a story, soon it'll be time to reintroduce it.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
Orton needs to turn heal soon, and the WHC seems to be over enough to lead SD as the lead babyface. I'd start this feud before Survivor Series, having each man lead his team to face each other, have them eliminate each other from the RR setting up a match @ Mania. But in the end, Ziggler cashes in and becomes the new Heavyweight Champion.

Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Ryback
Miz should hold on the the IC for a while and have a solid run with it. While this match looks like it'll happen very soon before Mania, it shouldn't. They could make huge money off this if they did it right. How bout this storyline: Miz files a suit against Ryback for ruining Miz TV, hiring David Otunga who files a restraining order against Ryback. Finally, before WM, the restraining order is broken allowing Ryback to finally face the Miz for the IC Title. Let it build, have Ryback feud with Miz's associates until he's finally able to get his hands on him.

Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara
I read they're thinking about turning one of the two heal but I think that's a mistake. Both men are really over with the kids, and if they want to get Sin Cara over to take Mysterio's place when he retires one day, having baby face Mysterio put him over and endorse him at the end will do wonders for Sin Cara rather than a heal Mysterio, which I don't think could even work. This would be a great entertaining dream match for many.

Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan
Bryan and Kane's run won't last forever. These two could put on a great match and maybe even do a Nexus storyline here building up the match. I AM NEXUS! NO I AM NEXUS! I've always enjoyed the chemistry these two have, but pretty much any match with Bryan is money.

Cody Rhodes vs. Mick Foley - NO DQ
Pretty much this match would do 2 things: Legitimize Rhodes & put him over the hump. Granted Foley may not be the man RIGHT NOW to do it, if he got in shape, made a return and built a story with Cody, it could happen. Look what Foley did for Orton and Edge's career. He made them look like a legitimate tough guys who could hang with the Hardcore legend. Cody's career needs this more than anything else right now.

#1 Contender Battle Royal for the IC Title
You need something to throw in that take get a lot of superstars on the show. Damien Sandow wins, moving on to feud with the newly crowned IC Champion Ryback.

Tag Team Championship
Primetime Players vs. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
Ryder's singles career is floundering. Hawkins is rarely to be seen. The Tag Division needs help. The answer? Reform Ryder & Hawkins, dub them the Long Island Express, and showcase the Tag Team Titles on the biggest PPV of the year. Primetime Players WILL win the titles from Kane & Bryan, just a matter of time.

There you have it. You might like it, you might hate it, but with the proper build I believe it could be an awesome card and one of the better WrestleMania's we've seen in a while. No Ziggler except cashing would be my own concern, but as long as he gets his WrestleMania moment than he should be okay.

Submit "9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29" to Digg Submit "9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29" to del.icio.us Submit "9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29" to StumbleUpon Submit "9 Matches That Should Be Booked for WM29" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I respect your idea.
    I like how the main storyline is playing out & all of those involved.
    I'm talking about WWE Champion CM Punk, John Cena, The Rock. Because of CM Punk's association with Paul Heyman, you have to think Brock Lesnar fits in here somewhere, and because of Lesnar, Triple H also plays a part in this storyline. We all know that The Rock will most likely win the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble 2013. So, here's what I propose..
    I don't wanna see any sort of rematches for Wrestlemania 29, and I doubt most people will..
    So how about:

1. ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP.
    The Rock (c) VS CM Punk VS John Cena VS Brock Lesnar VS Triple H VS The Undertaker.
    We all know that The Rock & Brock Lesnar will probably be gone after Wrestlemania. They don't need this win. The man who needs it more than anyone else: CM Punk. It would solidify his legacy. To beat 5 legends at WWE Wrestlemania. I think it would be a perfect conclusion.
    And instead of trying to figure out who The Undertaker could face at Wrestlemania, you could put him in this match. I know many people don't want the streak to end. Would it make sense that he beats John Cena, or Brock Lesnar one on one? Would that be believable? I don't think so. Let's face it, Taker's old. Beating one of the other five guys isn't believable. If the streak should be broken, I say it happens like this.

*KEEP IN MIND THIS IS MY DREAM CARD*

Before anyone says something like: Why would they book all these guys into one match when they're trying to book WM around them? It doesn't make sense.. Why have an amazing main event and a shitty undercard? ... Blah, blah, blah. We can still have an amazing card. Here:

2. WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH.
    Dolph Ziggler (c) VS Chris Jericho.
    Have Ziggler cash in before WM and head into WM as the Champion. Wishful thinking: Chris Jericho returns before WM and they can resume their feud. That would be an amazing match.

3. WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH.
    Beth Phoenix (c) VS Natalya.
    Have your best female wrestlers put on the best women's match of the last decade. We all know it won't happen though.

4. Bryan Danielson VS Randy Orton.
    This is a match I would pay to see. I'm sure Danielson can get an outstanding match out of Orton. Give them 20 to 25 minutes, and they'll steal the show.

5. TLC MATCH FOR THE WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP.
    Put Air Boom back together.
    Kofi Kingston (c) & Evan Bourne (c) VS Primo & Epico VS The Usos VS Hunico & Camacho VS The Prime Time Players.
    That would be a great match. I don't know.. maybe even throw Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd in the match after they've become an official tag team.

6. Sin Cara VS Rey Mysterio. For obvious reasons.

7. Sheamus VS Wade Barrett. This!

8. MATCH TO DETERMINE THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP.
    The Miz VS Kane.
    Give it a month to build up, it'll deliver.
    Im not a fan of most of your card. I dont see the point in a Triple Threat, Cause then no one really gets the benefit or bragging rights of beating The Rock.. I think WM needs to be a rematch of Rock vs Cena, The first match was a disaster and they should try to make up for it. Plus Cena needs his win back to salvage his reputation. I think Punk and Rock and Rock and Cena separate would be bigger draws than all the matches combined. Unless the Royal Rumbles a triple threat but not for WM.

I don't think Foley has the magic he once did to get Cody Rhodes over. Foley in 2002-2005 yea most definitely but Foley now is a joke, even his promos are uninspired.

I dont understand the reason for Bryan and Barette to face off at WM, I'm sure it be a decent match, Dont see a reason for them to fight.

I agree with Taker and Lesnar. Make Lesnar a unstoppable monster and the only person that can Stop him is the legendary Undertaker at mania but Brock needs to be booked more often and Strong. Have him destroy some more top faces maybe even Cena.

The PTP and Hawkins and Ryder is a match I think belongs on Superstars.

MIZ and Ryback look like its gonna happen now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanb1306
    I respect your idea.
    I like how the main storyline is playing out & all of those involved.
    I'm talking about WWE Champion CM Punk, John Cena, The Rock. Because of CM Punk's association with Paul Heyman, you have to think Brock Lesnar fits in here somewhere, and because of Lesnar, Triple H also plays a part in this storyline. We all know that The Rock will most likely win the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble 2013. So, here's what I propose..
    I don't wanna see any sort of rematches for Wrestlemania 29, and I doubt most people will..
    So how about:

1. ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP.
    The Rock (c) VS CM Punk VS John Cena VS Brock Lesnar VS Triple H VS The Undertaker.
    We all know that The Rock & Brock Lesnar will probably be gone after Wrestlemania. They don't need this win. The man who needs it more than anyone else: CM Punk. It would solidify his legacy. To beat 5 legends at WWE Wrestlemania. I think it would be a perfect conclusion.
    And instead of trying to figure out who The Undertaker could face at Wrestlemania, you could put him in this match. I know many people don't want the streak to end. Would it make sense that he beats John Cena, or Brock Lesnar one on one? Would that be believable? I don't think so. Let's face it, Taker's old. Beating one of the other five guys isn't believable. If the streak should be broken, I say it happens like this.
    I don't think an Elimination Chamber at Wrestlemania just 6 weeks after the Elimination Chamber will happen/work, instead I would make this a 6-man Hell in a Cell Match.
    Oh that's bogus to end the streak with 5 other men in a match!!!! Really? Really?......... REALLY?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnmoney1694
    Oh that's bogus to end the streak with 5 other men in a match!!!! Really? Really?......... REALLY?!?!?!
    I'm sorry. I thought I had stated that that would be "My dream card".
    Oh wait, I did... *FACEPALM*.

Consider this:
    If The Undertaker goes one on one with Brock Lesnar and defeats him, would that really be believable TODAY? I don't think so.
    What about John Cena? Even less believable. What if he goes one on one with The Rock? Exactly. My point is, Taker can barely perform at his age. I know we all want the streak to continue, but at some point it's gonna start hurting the product because it's just not believable for The Undertaker to defeat any of these guys one on one. Another alternative would be for him to stop competing at WM. There is no reason to taint his legacy anymore.
    I don't care what anyone says the streak will never and I mean NEVER be broken, Undertaker WILL retire with the undefeated streak!!! I just wanted to say that....
    Be nice to actually have a fued end their team.

I don't think they'll wait til WM 29 to have their match w/Miz. I think it would be perfect for Survivor Series because it fits the theme.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.