View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

WWE RAW 9/17 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Welcome back. Well, if you clicked the title, you are apparently a fan of this series already. If this is the first time reading one of my blogs, well sit back because you're in for one hell of a read. Time to FEED YOU MORE numbers.

The September 17th WWE RAW scored a 2.86 cable rating with 4.05 million viewers, about the same as the previous two weeks. The below average trend continues. For the third week in a row, WWE gets a below average rating. This cannot be a coincidence. My guess is that since football season has started again, not a lot of sports fans are really interested in staying tuned to a 3 hour show when they can switch channels. Then when a game starts getting really good, wrestling goes out the window. It's happened before, and it happening again is no surprise. Anyways. Let's get onto the show.

The highest rated segment this week came in the first quarter-hour at 8pm, which did a 3.21 rating. After the nice cliffhanger we got at Night of Champions, it was logical to kick things off with Paul Heyman and John Cena and they had a nice, intriguing back and forth. Heyman calling himself "The Voice of the Voice of the Voiceless" was a nice tough. I did feel AJ Lee and Alberto Del Rio were out of place, but it wasn't a big deal. Set up the main event match. What else can we ask for?

In the segment breakdown, Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio vs. Primo and Epico lost 404,000 viewers. Yikes! I'm definitely sure the football game had an effect on this match. We are talking about two luchadore wrestling tag teams here and the match was decent. I hated that they put a commercial break in the middle of it, but it was still good. Also, the ending where PTP attacked Mysterio and Sin Cara to set up a feud caught my interest too. What is this? Multiple feuds happening in the division? TAG TEAM RESURGANCE INDEED!

Eve Torres vs. Beth Phoenix lost 17,000 viewers. Random divas match. I'm sure fans tuned out. Nothing else to say about it except random statements like Eve Torres is hot and Phoenix is cold .... in terms of career and real life ... see what I did there.

Heath Slater vs. Brodus Clay lost 129,000 more viewers. Yet another random match. Brodus Clay beat Heath Slater and the world kept spinning. Guess what? So are we.

MizTV with The Miz, Booker T and Ryback gained just 381,000 viewers in the 9pm time slot. Normal time where most fans tune in as usual. This caught my interest since I know how much Miz LOVES to pretend he has a hollywood appeal. So although he might not have the aura of a hollywood star, seeing him act like one is all the more entertaining. Other than that, typical Miz stuff. Rambles about being a good IC champion, calls out Booker T and cuts him off about how awesome he is, and then THE RYBACK comes out and runs him off. So now we are going to get a feud between THE RYBACK and The Miz. OH SNAP!

Dolph Ziggler vs. Santino Marella and Justin Gabriel vs. Wade Barrett lost 153,000 viewers. What is this? Random match night. It is no wonder people started tuning out. Granted, I was surprised that Dolph Ziggler managed to pull a good match out of Santino Marella. He actually made his antics look more like they had a purpose and not just to goof off. Wade Barrett and Justin Gabriel, though? Well, I liked the "We Want Nexus" chants and liked seeing Justin Gabriel get TV time, but the match did nothing for me.

The Subway segment with Jared and various Superstars lost 478,000 viewers and fell to a 2.64 quarter rating. Aww, really?? Now I don't know about you, but I thought this was one of the most entertaining segments on the show. The sad reality is, it is also the segment that lost the most viewers. Ouch. Well, at least the "Feed Me More" greeting with Jared and Ryback was a nice touch .... right?

Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. R-Truth and Kofi Kingston gained 362,000 viewers. Leave to TEAM FRIENDSHIP to reunite the universe with the exciting world of WWE TV. Bryan and Kane is easily one of the most entertaining things in WWE, and I know I've said that on more than one occassion. The match was decent and the champs retained. For the record, I still can't decide who is the real tag team champion. xD Mind helping me out? Hahaha.

The post-match Kane and Bryan hug out lost 169,000 viewers in the 10pm timeslot, doing a low 2.78 quarter rating. Haha, alright alright, I'll admit that the hug out fight afterwards was overkill. It was great when they did it a few weeks ago. However, if it continues, I think even I will get sick of seeing them bicker like children over hugs and crap like that. Keep it down to a minimum and they should be fine. Overdo it, and people will lose interest, fast.

Tensai vs. Randy Orton lost 150,000 viewers.
Random match #4 if I'm not mistaken. Seriously. Enough with the pointless filler matches.

Zack Ryder vs. Damien Sandow lost 169,000 viewers and did a 2.56 quarter rating. Wow. That rating is pretty damn low. This is the trials of having 3 hours. If you do not take the time to necessarily book these segments to make people care, then nobody is going to watch them and your show is going to suffer. I can't blame Ryder nor Sandow for this. They did the best with what they had.

Sheamus and John Cena vs. CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio in the main event gained 823,000 viewers for a 3.14 overrun rating. The pleasures of announcing the main event at the beginning of the show. This is the biggest gain in viewers since the one million gain Show and Cena got a while ago. Not too bad honestly. The match was good and the crowd was into it. I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. I mean, seriously. If the rules state when a man has his foot on the ropes, the pinfall does not count, and that very same man STILL loses the match as a result -- that is just straight up bullshit and a horrible way to end the show. I don't care if its Cena or Punk, no one likes to see shows end like that! Yes, I'm sure it will lead to something on RAW, but creative could have come up with something better and you guys know it like I do. Whatever. The segment got a good overrun rating.

There you have it. Hope you enjoyed reading the ratings. Check out the video of the week, like always. Its a doozy this time around:

See you next week.

Submit "WWE RAW 9/17 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Digg Submit "WWE RAW 9/17 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE RAW 9/17 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE RAW 9/17 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Google

Updated 09-21-2012 at 05:24 PM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

I like how your ratings breakdown is generally better (of course that's just my opinion) than the other blogs about raw and whatnot. I even listen to the videos if I have the time. Keep up the good work, I like your style.
    I'm going to agree with sret your RAW break down is quite unique compared to other reviews. I thoroughly enjoy reading it on a weekly basis. Mind you I do know how much effort you must put into writing your blog, I still would love seeing other work from you. Keep it up bro.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.