View RSS Feed

The Royal Ramble

The Royal Ramble: The WWE Continues to Drop the Ball!

Rating: 9 votes, 3.67 average.
Before I begin, I wanted to say a few things concerning this blog. These are my personal opinions and everyone else is entitled to their opinion as well in the comment section below. I might say a few things during this that a lot of people probably won't agree with but to be quite honest, is that going to bother me? Hell no! Give me your thoughts at the end and let's spark a few things. Now let's ramble...

For the past few years now the WWE has gotten worse and worse but with a few brighter spots here and there. The thing is, you can't blame the wrestlers of the WWE. You have to look closer into it. The creative team, Vince and Linda McMahon continue to just make the WWE look more and more terrible as the years go on. During this blog, I will go over certain points where I think the WWE has dropped the ball. I will also give my insight to what I would have done if I was writing for the WWE.

The Creative staff in the WWE has lost their touch if you ask me. The past several years for feuds, angles, and story lines have been terrible. They have also buried several talents that could very well be top stars by now if the WWE didn't book them so badly. Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Tyson Kidd, & Jack Swagger. All of these men could have been top tier Mid-carders or World Champions(McIntyre & Swagger) by now. But the WWE continues to have them lose dumb matches on TV and continues to bury them and give them dumb gimmicks with close to little no personalities. They are so talented in the ring and the WWE continues not to use correctly. Kidd, Hawkins & Ryder should all have had a IC or US title run that can be looked at as them being a future star of the company by now but of course that hasn't happened yet. I've read that he was in line for a push in the coming future but I don't see it happening now. Swagger was once already a World Champion but they rushed that way too soon and look at his career since then. He is now jobbing to everyone he wrestles and nothing is looking like it's changing. McIntyre on the other hand is almost never on TV and he could easily be a top heel in the company. McIntyre needs to win the US title by like a surprise win in a fatal four way or triple threat match and have him get on the mic and have him declare that the future is back and have him roll with it! If the WWE will not give Ryder a title then he should go back and team up with Hawkins and they should win the tag titles. That would be so awesome if they got back together as a team.

The WWE has dropped the ball with many things in the past few years. (This list in no particular order)

1. Not having Cody Rhodes wrestle Goldust at WrestleMania.
This match could have stole the show and the rivarly itself would have been amazing! Add Dusty to the mix and the angle is golden! They should have had Goldust challenge him for the title at Mania but then have Cody tell him to put his career on the line as well. Bring out Dusty to try and stop them from fighting and to have them become a family again but only to Cody blow them off. Setting up Dusty to be the ref at their match. This could have been such a great angle for the WWE but they dropped the ball and had Cody wrestle the Big Show...

2. Dumb Feuds & Matches
Some of these feuds that the WWE is putting together are very dumb! Sheamus vs Del Rio has been terrible and they have had almost no chemistry at all. If Del Rio didn't have Ricardo or Otunga, the angle would have been pointless. Kane vs Ryder was also very dumb and it has pretty much ruined Ryder's career. But the Big Show vs John Cena for those few months were absolutely stupid considering we already saw their mediocre matches almost 9 years ago. Yet they still put them over Punk/Y2J?! Horrible! Big Show has been horrible in just about anything this year though. To me one of the dumbest things I've seen in recent years was Sheamus winning the World Title in 18 seconds at Mania! This makes no sense and was so pointless. They could have stolen the show that night but instead another dumb decision is made. Wouldn't it have made more sense if the Big Show beat Cody in 18 seconds?

3. Not Putting Punk in the Main Event & Turning him Heel.
I don't know about some of you but this is just flat out stupid! I understand not having Punk not main eventing WrestleMania but Chamber, Extreme Rules(In Chicago), Over the Limit, No Way Out, & Money in the Bank! Having the Money in the Bank ladder match go on last at that PPV was terrible just because of how good the Punk/Kane/Bryan match was! Punk's matches have been the best on the show since WrestleMania 27! And because of not putting Punk in the main events, this makes your company's main title look weak and irrelevant. That's such a disgrace to the WWE and to Punk! If John Cena wasn't in every main event I bet he wouldn't be as hated on as he is now. In my eyes Punk is the new show stealer and just about every match he has been in on PPV has been a great match. Another thing I don't understand is the need to turn him heel when he changed his character to kind of this tweener like Stone Cold character and the crowds were eating it up and loved it! So why change it?! He could have been the next huge over the top wrestler the WWE had. Turning him heel kills the momentum to over the top amazing-ness and is showing that it's not working because the fans still continue to cheer for him.

4. Failing to meet the hype!
There has been three matches that come to mind when they have failed to meet the hype. Two of them include The Rock. Personally, I hate the whole wrestle one match every five months and you get the main event spot. Now don't get me wrong, I love the Rock and I think he has earned the right to come and go whenever he pleases but in doing that the WWE has to learn how to use it right. For example, they should have held off on announcing when the Rock will wrestle for title at least until after the TLC PPV. Now knowing this kills the suspense and we all know that Punk or Cena will have the title until the Rumble. If anyone else wrestles for the title in between now and then we will know the outcome no matter what. Well we all know the Rock will win the title at the Rumble but I really hope they don't have a rematch between Cena and Rock at Mania. The main event for WrestleMania 29 should be Rock/Cena/Punk for the title and they should pull the absolute shocker and have Punk win the match or have Stone Cold screw over Punk, thus setting up WrestleMania 30! But back to the whole failing to meet the hype thing, matches with the Rock and Cena need to have a bunch of near falls like how Cena/Punk did at Night of Champions. To be honest every match should have a lot of near falls because that's almost what makes every great wrestling match...great. Brock Lesnar on the other hand if his next match isn't good, I wouldn't mind seeing gone from the WWE for good. The fact that this guy can just come and go when he pleases is appalling to say the least and shows that he pretty much has the WWE by the balls. The WWE needs to stop doing the wrestle one match every five months thing because it's getting old and the matches almost never live up to the hype.

5. No Character Development or No Face/Heel Turns
OK, CM Punk is the only person they have turned recently and it was a horrible decision! If anyone needs to turn heel it needs to be Randy Orton. Orton is so much better has the villain in so many ways. He could probably work very well as a tweener also but creative does not know how to use them(Punk). Other wrestlers that need to turn heel are Triple H, Jerry Lawler, Zack Ryder & of course John Cena. Cena I don't think I have to go into much detail just because his heel turn is long overdue but they should wait until WrestleMania to do it. Lawler needs to go heel one last time. He's too entertaining not to be a heel! His face announcing is almost becoming annoying at times and looks very weak and whinny. If he turned back to a heel it would be so entertaining but with the PG thing going that might be hard to do. Triple H is just so much better as heel just like Orton. Triple H may go down in history as one of the all time greatest heels to ever wrestle. Zack Ryder needs to turn heel to save his career! If he wants to be taken seriously he needs to drop the LI gimmick. Ryder is a great performer and if he turned heel we could possibly see a future star rise. As for wrestlers that need to turn face/tweener the only one I can really think of is Punk. I'm telling you guys Punk as a tweener would be amazing TV and would get people talking!

And now for my last point... probably one that is pretty controversial to say the least.

6. Linda McMahon & the PG Era
Linda McMahon is ruining the WWE and might end up destroying it. The WWE recently removed all dated and edger content (Attitude Era). So you're telling me that the era that made the WWE so popular and made them for what they are today, is just going to be non-existent?! That's such a slap in the face to guys like Stone Cold, The Rock, DX, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Kane, Edge, etc. I'm sorry guys but the PG era is ruining wrestling! You can't say some words that me I get but it's just so much more believable to use cuss words. For example if your about to get into a fight, you're not gonna go up to someone and go "I'm going to kick your butt man." NO you are going to get into a heated argument filled with words that's a no no in the PG era. As much as I liked the sexual stuff with the divas I can live without it. But to take away the blood is stupid! Blood has been apart of pro wrestling since day one. Blood can easily make a rivalry so much better and so much more intense. They don't have to bleed in every match but sometimes would not hurt! But the WWE removing Attitude era content is such a disgrace to the company and we have no one else to thank but Linda McMahon! Everyone has wondered why the PG era is still around and this just proves that it is in fact her. She cannot win the election! If she does I fear we will be watching a PG era for a long time or the WWE will go under because they will lose viewers in the long run. Let's face it, it has gotten way to childish and boring. I feel like I'm watching the WWE from 1985-1995 again! The overrated were the face (Hogan-Cena) and the best were not used right or were second best (HBK-Punk). The WWE needs to change things if they want RAW to make it 2000.

All in all the WWE needs to change multiple things in order to be the company it once was. They need to stop worrying about Linda's senate run and start worrying more about their own problems. They also need to stop with all the internet content, specifically Tout! Less poppy songs for their PPVs and more songs with attitude again. In the end the main fix is the creative team! They just need to original, controversial at times and just plain creative. If I was able to write for the WWE, I promise you...the power of the WWE would be back!

Thanks for reading! Please follow me on Twitter @The_RoyalRamble, follow my boys @MarkinOut and an official Royal Ramble website is coming soon! Thanks again guys!

Submit "The Royal Ramble: The WWE Continues to Drop the Ball!" to Digg Submit "The Royal Ramble: The WWE Continues to Drop the Ball!" to del.icio.us Submit "The Royal Ramble: The WWE Continues to Drop the Ball!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Royal Ramble: The WWE Continues to Drop the Ball!" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I agree with all your points...however, I do have one question. It's about your "Failing to Meet the Hype" section. Now, would you care at all, that Rock is in the main event, if CM Punk didn't complain about it on live TV? What about Stone Cold screwing Punk to set up WM 30? Would that even be a thought, if not for the falsified rumors of the internet wrestling sites? And if Stone Cold screws Punk, aren't they doing the same thing with Austin, as you claim they're dropping the ball, with the Rock?

The reason I bring this up is because, when you say WWE dropped the ball, you seem to be looking at things not like a fan, but like an analyst. What I mean is, there's no heart, passion, or true fandom behind this blog. It's all, "what I want" or else it's dropping the ball. Basically, clear your mind of everything that you read on this and other sites, and then think about it again. Would you really care that Rock shows up 2 or 3 times a year? Do you actually expect Stone Cold to make some sort of return and fight CM Punk? And honestly, do you really want Stone Cold to fight Punk? There's an entire generation separating the two.

Good Blog...and good write up. I enjoyed the read.
    Agree with you. This year has have A LOT of failed storylines (but also some very good ones).
    Fails: Kane Vs Cena,
    Sheamus Vs ADR
    Zack Ryder vs Kane
    Cena Vs Tensai
    Dolph Ziggler and Swagger vs Brodus Clay.

The good: Kane vs Daniel Bryan
    Punk vs Daniel Bryan
    Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Kane and AJ Lee.
    Jericho and Punk
    Jericho and Dolph Ziggler
    To DK Wrestling Savor I will answer your questions. To my "failing to the hype" section I'll agree it's a little confusing but it's also a confusing, complex thing to talk about. I have no problem with the Rock being in the main event but I do when it's Brock Lesnar vs Triple H. The Rock deserves everything he has gotten. For about 2 or 3 years now Stone Cold has been talking about wrestling one more match and he has said several times that he wants it to be against CM Punk. They are dropping the ball with the Rock because they always hype his returns instead just letting him make a surprise return. Of course I was looking forward to Rock wrestle Cena but the month leading up to Mania was a let down and the match itself wasn't bad but wasn't good either it was just OK. And I don't blame Rock to be honest, maybe if it wasn't Cena we may have seen a better match. I always wished HBK would come out of retirement and wrestle Rock. Austin deserves one last match when he wants it too because without him who knows if the WWE would still be around, WCW probably would have beat them. I do expect Austin to come back and wrestle Punk. Who wouldn't want to see that? There was a generation gap between Cena and Rock, Rock and Hogan, I think those matches worked out. I appreciate what you said about the blog but the only thing that rubbed me the wrong was that you said I'm not a fan. All I'm gonna say is this. I've been watching wrestling since I was 2 years old. From Ultimate Warrior to HBK to Austin to Punk. Around where I'm from, I'm known as the biggest die hard wrestling fan in the world. I can name every single WWE Champion 1996-present from the top of head. I have a lot of passion for this business and if I wasn't smaller I promise you I'd trying my heart out in being a pro wrestler. I hope that didn't piss you off or anything. But thanks everyone for reading!
    Good blog. Couldn't agree with you more.
    WOW it´s like you read my mind, nice blog

Linda sure has a tight grip on Vinnie´s Grapefruits
    I dunno, I could be the only one, but i just do not want to see Austin back in the ring again and i still think the whole punk/austin thing stemmed from WWE all stars video game and fans have been clamoring for it ever since, has punk or austin even acknowledged this as a possibility? Also when I think of Bret Hart, i do a pretty decent job doing so and trying to ignore the hideous match with Vince. I just dont want the same to happen to Austin.

Id say you hit all the points on your blog, there is one big glaring one for a missed opportunity. CM Punk wins wwe title with an expired contract, oh my god, whats going to happen? The wwe is in huge trouble now, this renegade whos recently had some of the best promo work possibly ever seen; spewing venom at the company and the bosses, he has now won the title and is no longer with the company! The wwe title is essentialy GONE! He ran out through the crowd, tweeted pictures of him putting the belt in his fridge, showed up at conventions, did all the right things aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd.......... .........he showed up on raw 13 days later and that was the end. No turmoil, no panic, no build-up, no story line, no extra fans, no money. I can overlook most things they do, most talent they bury, but this was no pun intended, money in the bank and wow did they drop the ball. We could still ibe in the grips of that angle to this day. Punk could have just shown back up last night with the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagg
    I dunno, I could be the only one, but i just do not want to see Austin back in the ring again and i still think the whole punk/austin thing stemmed from WWE all stars video game and fans have been clamoring for it ever since, has punk or austin even acknowledged this as a possibility? Also when I think of Bret Hart, i do a pretty decent job doing so and trying to ignore the hideous match with Vince. I just dont want the same to happen to Austin.

Id say you hit all the points on your blog, there is one big glaring one for a missed opportunity. CM Punk wins wwe title with an expired contract, oh my god, whats going to happen? The wwe is in huge trouble now, this renegade whos recently had some of the best promo work possibly ever seen; spewing venom at the company and the bosses, he has now won the title and is no longer with the company! The wwe title is essentialy GONE! He ran out through the crowd, tweeted pictures of him putting the belt in his fridge, showed up at conventions, did all the right things aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd.......... .........he showed up on raw 13 days later and that was the end. No turmoil, no panic, no build-up, no story line, no extra fans, no money. I can overlook most things they do, most talent they bury, but this was no pun intended, money in the bank and wow did they drop the ball. We could still ibe in the grips of that angle to this day. Punk could have just shown back up last night with the title.

Soooooooooo TRUE!!!! LMAO!!! Great analysis.

As for the blog; Decently done up. I won't lie, after reading the comments above, I'll agree with The Savior's views when it comes to shooting a blog perspective. All and all, decent read!! I like the name of your blogging series btw, creative.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.