View RSS Feed

MikeyA

Top Ten Legendary Finishers

Rating: 5 votes, 2.80 average.
Mikey A here again. My first blog was the top ten finishers in wrestling right now and some people did not understand what right now means so I will make a list of Legendary finishers.

10. Undertaker Chokeslam-To me the chokeslam is a fantastic move. Used by Kane, Big Show, Marcus CorVon, and sadly The Hurricane. But the best Chokeslam is The Undertaker's because he lifts him in the air with one hand only and slams him straight back down. Just pure awesomeness.

9. Eddie Guerrero's Frog Splash- I love RVD. I really do, and I like Christian. I also like D-Lo Brown and Chavo, but no one could bring the Frog splash into perfection like Eddie IMO. Eddie was a great wrestler and i personally got excited whenever he was wrestling.

8. The Pedigree- I am not a big fan of Triple H at all, but credit where it's due, his finisher is amazing. Everybody, literally everybody get's excited when somebody gets a pedigree. Perfect set-up, perfect execution, and perfect move, just not as perfect as others. speaking of HHH Brock lesnar is no legend to me, so no F-5 on this list.

7. Ron Simmon's Dominator-
I will get heat for listing this higher than the Pedigree, but it's okay. There is nothing like lifting somebody onto your shoulders about six feet high and then just dropping them straight on their face. I will admit, the set up for this move just sucks, but in AWA, not alot of people kicked out of this move as he became the very first African American World Champion.

6. Sweet Chin Music-I admire HBK alot. I loved his flying elbow. I loved his Manhatten drop. But what I love most is his SCM. When he starts stomping, I usually get yelled at by my downstairs neighbors for doing the same. And then when he nails the kick, it's a beautiful sight to see when someone gets layed out. Can be hit ALMOST out of nowhere but still can be reversed easily.

5. The People's Elbow- This move is a little meh to me, but it has a beautiful set up as well as execution. But it can be reversed extremely easy, just ask John Cena. Look at how it gets set up: "Mankind runs at The Rock only to eat a spinebuster! Wait! The People's elbow!" Excellent, but not the best.

4. Shane O'Mac's Coast to Coast-Might get heat but I don't care. I love it when Shane wrestles because it's like waiting for your favorite part in a movie. When he wrestles, I do not blink as I might miss him flying from one side of the ring to the next kicking his opponent's teeth straight down their throat.

3. The Rock Bottom-Once again, I am a huge fan of The Rock, been since he debuted. The Rock Bottom needs no set-up, just ask John Cena. At WM28, Cena tried to mock Rock's People's Elbow only to get a Rock Bottom out of nowhere. Honestly who really expected that? Not a single one.

2. Tombstone Piledriver- I really don't care for The Undertaker unless he's in a feud with a big name like HBK or HHH. At WM27, I was edgy about the feud, about the match. HHH kicked out of a Tombstone only to eat a new one like ten minutes later. WM28, I literally had chills running up my spine waiting for HHH to once again kick out of the Tombstone, but he didn't. I love the way Taker just drops him right on his head vertically.

1. Stone Cold Stunner-Originally from the Chairman, Stone Cold used it against him and made it his trademark. Hitting a Stunner on just about anyone who looked at him. I still remember whe Austin returned and there was like 20 men in the ring, all of them ate a stunner. No set-up, no expecting. THE BEST FINISHER TO DATE.

Give me heat, it will only make me better, but this list is honest and THIS LIST IS IN MY OPINION.

Submit "Top Ten Legendary Finishers" to Digg Submit "Top Ten Legendary Finishers" to del.icio.us Submit "Top Ten Legendary Finishers" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top Ten Legendary Finishers" to Google

Comments

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Interesting choices. While I know it is your opinion, I have to agree, only for the aspect that I think the SCM should be hire
    thanks Shelts9192, and no sarcasticness. I mean thanks for an honest opinion about what I am truly lacking. Hmm, I will post one more blog, don't know what about yet, and now that I know what I need to improve on, I will circle around that. And in an honest opinion, everybody has room for improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyA
    thanks Shelts9192, and no sarcasticness. I mean thanks for an honest opinion about what I am truly lacking. Hmm, I will post one more blog, don't know what about yet, and now that I know what I need to improve on, I will circle around that. And in an honest opinion, everybody has room for improvement.

Okay, even I have to admit, I read my comment back and disapproved of how harsh I was. Your list does centre around great opinions - however you should show us your opinion in a much more detailed fashion. I do enjoy your list, however your own doubting of yourself is an off-putting trait - and you shouldn't be afraid to write more and use more facts on each chosen topic. I apologise for being so negative in my first comment and thank you for being the better man and accepting the critism. I look forward to your next blog
    Decent list. Mind you there are many you left out. Sharpshooter, Crippler Cossface, and many MANY more. Yet, still a good list.

Thanks for the read.
    DDT - the move more over than its creature.
    I guess I'll further what I originally stated this list is entirely wwe/f wrestlers with a very small nod to Ron being in other promotions.

Advice if you make a "legendary" list add guys outside the wwe you will look more credible.
    I have to reiterate Dragons point, this list only covers very recent history, and while I realize it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, it's hard to use the word "legendary" when you're only referring to the last 10-15 years of WWE.

Bigger problem, you've got some historical errors that take a lot away from the post, like the fact that Ron Simmons never wrestled for the AWA. Also, the coast-to-coast was NOT Shane McMahon's move, he stole the move, (blatantly), from RVD. Giving Shane credit for that is a sacrilege. Austin started using the stunner at least a year before Vince ever ate one.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.