View RSS Feed

MikeyA

Top Ten Finishers and Why

Rate this Entry
This is Mikey A and my first blog will be about what I look forward to the most: finishers. A finisher can make or break the superstar. IMO Santino was a good wretler up until the cobra. Christian before the frog splash. Sin cara before the Swanton Bomb. So without further ado, lets just jump right into it.

10. Ryback's Shock Drop-Ryback has shown that he can become the biggest powerhouse next to John Cena by execuing his finisher on two people at the same time. But let's be honest, he's fighting nobodies. I want to see him beat people like Dolph Ziggler, Rey Mysterio, or maybe even Albertio Del Rio.

9. Skull Crushing Finale-Even though The Miz has been on a losing streak lately and his career is slowly going downhill, I still get interested when he hits his finisher because it's a perfect attack to the head and more times than not, no one kicks out.

8. Attitude Adjustment- I hate John Cena beyond all belief but I cannot deny his strength. If someone tries a flying crossbody, he will power them into an AA and its over. That is all the credit I will give him.

7. Texas Cloverleaf- Sheamus is now using this in place of the Brogue Kick (which will not be on this list, maybe some other time) and IMO he makes it look horrible. It looked best with Dean Malenko. Maybe with Eddie Guerrero. But not with Sheamus, but I do look forward to a submission versus submission match with Alberto Del Rio.

6. GTS- I am a huge fan of CM Punk. I have been since ROH. I don't like the GTS as much as the Pepsi Plunge, or the Welcome to Chicago MFer but the GTS does look like it hurts and thats why it's here and not in top 5.

5. Twist of Fate- Matt Hardy has been using this finisher to its full extennt. but Jeff Hardy is the one making it popular. On Bully Ray at No Surrender, he hit two consecutive Twist of Fates. Jeff Hardy is the very reason why I love High Flyers.

4. Zig-Zag- Dolph Ziggler is a rising star right now and I can see Sheamus beating Del Rio this Sunday at NOC only to have David Otunga come out and beat him down. Then Dolph Ziggler follows with a beautiful Zig-Zag to win the title. Zig-Zag has a beautiful execution and I just get excited everytime Dolph Ziggler competes.

3. RKO- Let me be perfectly clear, I hate Randy Orton as a face. He needs to find a new job if he continues as a face. But I cannot dismiss the RKO. Previously used by DDP and now Bully Ray. Anyone can get RKO'ed out of nowhere. I mean, "Dolph picks up Randy Orton RKO! RKO! RKO!" See? He nailed it on Big Show recently. I love the RKO but hate Randy.

2. Cross Arm Breaker- I love this submission because its an MMA style move. Or is it maybe because I am a Submissionist? Del Rio recently made Randy Orton tap out to this move, what does this say?

1. La Belle/No Lock-I like Daniel Bryan's talent and now his character. I hated him when I first saw him but when he locked in the La Belle lock, I was amazed. I will not lie, Chris Benoit will biblically burn in hell now, but he had talent. And the La Belle lock reminded me of The Crippler Crossface.

Honorable Mentions: 619/West Coast Pop. Aries's Brainbuster submission. Edge Spear. R-Truth's Lil Jimmy. James Storm Superkick.

Submit "Top Ten Finishers and Why" to Digg Submit "Top Ten Finishers and Why" to del.icio.us Submit "Top Ten Finishers and Why" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top Ten Finishers and Why" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Even though The Miz has been on a losing streak lately and his career is slowly going downhill,
    He is the IC Champion? How is his career going downhill?
    Replace number 9 with ANY of Sheamus' finishers or the Worlds Strongest Slam...
    I hate the zig zag. It's just isn't the finishing move of a top guy. Ziggler needs a strong new finisher and I hope he debuts one when he wins the heavyweight title.
    The Miz may be the IC Champ, but when Rey was, he won matches. Christian won matches etc. Miz is on the biggest losing streak since MVP (off the top of my head).

I don't like Sheamus's use of Brogue Kick or White Noise. I liked Prince Albert's use of the Bicycle Kick and Finlay's use of the Celtic cross more. But I thank you for your opinions, one cannot get better without opinions.
    no TOMBSTONE??????

this list sucks!!
    Man, some of these moves are weak compared to some others, for example the zig zag really isn't a powerful move or strong finisher, however how about a top rope brainbuster.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1sugcporc
    Watch that and you'll understand why it should be number 1 on this list the reaction of the crowd and commentators is unreal, Generico does indeed perfect the BRAINBUUUUUUUUSTAAAAHH!
    This list does suck.

The Stunner is tops because there is no need for a set up. Can be done from anywhere.

The RKO? A take off from the diamond cutter.

I like the GTS.

The twist of fate is meh.

The frog splash by anyone other than the late great Eddie Gurrero is meh.

Rob Van Dam's cross the ring drop kick from the top rope is a great display of talent, but it hurts him to do it.

The Ryback shock drop where he stomps around the ring like an idiot? Really?

Sorry, but your list is lacking. To many copy cats. The Cobra is a take off of the Mandrin Claw/Socko.

It's cute for the kiddies, but lacks originality as much of the list does.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.