View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

sudden Impact: The Final Stretch Toward Bound For Glory

Rate this Entry
Hey wrestling fans. DK Wrestling Savior here with this week's edition of Sudden Impact. You'll have to excuse me this week, as this won't be my best work. I'm going through some things right now, and my free time is dwindling by the minute. So, let's get to it.

Austin Aries, Bully Ray, Jeff Hardy, Bound For Glory

A Double and Jeff Hardy had a nice face off and before things could even get started with them, Bully Ray made his presence known. After the face off, things got interesting as Jeff Hardy and Bully Ray are having a rematch and the Title Shot at Bound for Glory is on the line.

The match was entertaining. Bully Ray's work is getting better, and he is so established as the top heel. It was good for them to have a full match, unlike what happened at No Surrender, where it had close calls and all but didn't really have that top match feel. Great action, close calls, and I was surprised Hardy won. I thought the stipulation was a way to get Bully his title shot. But, definitely looking forward to Hardy vs Aries. Should be special. Also, I want Bully Ray to get a title shot, I just hope they don't water down the Hardy/Aries match with a triple threat.

Tag Team Title Picture

In an interesting way to determine the new #1 Contenders, Hogan put the champs in singles matches against one member of the two challenging teams. I thought that was pretty creative.

AJ Styles vs Kaz was a decent match. AJ took care of business though. Pele Kick, Styles Clash, AJ and Angle are guaranteed to be in the match at BFG.

Daniels vs Chavo was also a good, competitive match. It's nice to hear the crowd behind Chavo. He never got anything reaction in WCW or WWE. There was good back and forth action. I loved the Eddie chant while Chavo nailed the three amigos and frog splash. Now we get, Triple Threat Tag Title Match, at BFG.

Tara Goes Bad

I thought I saw it coming, until they hugged after she strapped the belt on Tess. Then I was like, "huh? What's the point?" Well, the point happened afterward as Tara attacked Miss Tessmacher and nailed her with my favorite finisher, The Widow's Peak. A heel Tara is always a good thing.

Aces & Eights

The Impact Zone is on lockdown. But did Hogan lock them out? Or in? Afterwards, Hogan, Dixie, Security, etc had a meeting and at one point they were all pointing fingers. However, that was it. No other Aces & Eights segments. Quite disappointing, actually.

Other Notables

I thought they bombed with the X Division Title Match. I mean Donjay kicks Zema's ass and then, Zema rolls hims up, hooks the ropes, and wins? It was entertaining for like a second, but pretty crappy in the end.

Storm and Roode didn't do anything that wasn't already expected. As we get closer to BFG, I'm sure we'll get some sort of stipulation match like a cage match or no holds barred or something.

Big evidence coming next week from Joseph Park.

I want to touch on something about Impact. It has good wrestling action, which we can all agree on. But in the end, it is a television show. Which means it needs more than just good matches. It needs good storylines. Things that will intrigue us. But even more importantly, the quality of the broadcast needs to be at a top level. At the end of the opening segment, Hardy's music hit just as Bully was saying something. The Roode/Storm battle was going on, and they went to a commercial. The segment with Hogan, Dixie, etc, was poorly edited, and going to a commercial 2 seconds after returning from a commercial...It all just comes off as terrible programming. That is so critical if the goal is to become a serious competitor. If the goal is to just kill time and do this whole TNA thing for the sake of doing something, then they should do what they do, and just go back to tapings.

Overall, I wasn't impressed with this week's Impact. Nothing is more of a momentum killer than giving us a show with pretty much nothing. Think about it. Bound For Glory, their Wrestlemania, is 4 weeks away, and they've built nothing. Storm vs Roode was the only building that was done, and it was bland to say the least. TNA has been really good recently, they shouldn't do shows like this week, where there was absolutely no creativity, seemingly no effort, and had no steam behind it. I expect better next week, or else I'll be counting the days for NWA On Fire to start.

Thanks for reading everyone. Thoughts And Prayers continue for Jerry The King Lawler.

Have a great weekend and be safe.

Submit "sudden Impact: The Final Stretch Toward Bound For Glory" to Digg Submit "sudden Impact: The Final Stretch Toward Bound For Glory" to del.icio.us Submit "sudden Impact: The Final Stretch Toward Bound For Glory" to StumbleUpon Submit "sudden Impact: The Final Stretch Toward Bound For Glory" to Google

Updated 09-14-2012 at 07:35 AM by DK Wrestling Savior

Tags: tna impact
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I have to disagree with you this week, man. If you really think about it, they started building multiple matches on the very first show on the road to BFG. Storm vs. Roode, Aries vs. Hardy, Daniels/Kaz vs. Chavo/Hernandez vs. Angle/Styles. And for the first time in a long time, they have a meaningful storyline in the Knockouts Division, which is another match at BFG between Tessmacher and Tara. On top of that, I think they are going to have Ion "injure" wrestlers leading up to BFG, where Sorensen is going to come back and challenge him for his title. Tenay kind of revealed that when he said something about Ion having a habit of injuring people. I'd be really surprised if that match doesn't happen at BFG.

So, really, I think for the FIRST show on the road to BFG, they started a lot of build across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delirious
    I have to disagree with you this week, man. If you really think about it, they started building multiple matches on the very first show on the road to BFG. Storm vs. Roode, Aries vs. Hardy, Daniels/Kaz vs. Chavo/Hernandez vs. Angle/Styles. And for the first time in a long time, they have a meaningful storyline in the Knockouts Division, which is another match at BFG between Tessmacher and Tara. On top of that, I think they are going to have Ion "injure" wrestlers leading up to BFG, where Sorensen is going to come back and challenge him for his title. Tenay kind of revealed that when he said something about Ion having a habit of injuring people. I'd be really surprised if that match doesn't happen at BFG.

So, really, I think for the FIRST show on the road to BFG, they started a lot of build across the board.
    I agree but also disagree. Yes, they laid out the plans for matches at BFG. But they did nothing to enhance the storylines that we already knew were either gonna happen or have already been happening. What does a brawl between James Storm and Roode do to enhance that feud? They brawled backstage after Roode screwed Storm at No Surrender. My point is they all lacked substance, save for the Knockouts. And perhaps the Zema Ion thing. I must have missed that.
    How great was that Jeff hardy bully ray match ?
    as much as i really enjoy both aries and hardy, i am not very stoked about their match...

hopefully i am wrong, but hardy is best against bigger guys that allow him to do what he does best : take bumps and fly around and have a big body to land on rather than getting killed.
    Good blog bro! I haven't got to watch Impact yet, but I am looking forward to it. From the results I read, I am looking forward to the road to Bound for Glory. The PPV should be good. I might even order it

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.