View RSS Feed

StratZ-

What If: Wade Barrett

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Hey guys! Here's the 2nd blog to the series "What If." Today I'll be doing the blog with The Great One, glad to have him on here. We're going to be talking about Wade Barrett today and just giving a lot of thought on what would've happen if Barrett won the WWE Championship at Survivor Series. Let's get started!

StratZ-

Orton, Barrett, & Cena

Angle: I enjoyed this angle that included 3 top superstars together. Orton, the WWE champion, Barrett, the leader of Nexus, and Cena, the face of the WWE. The whole Nexus taking over Raw story was pretty awesome! It led to another good angle with Orton included in it. Cena was forced into the Nexus and his plan was to destroy it from the inside out, but it didn't work out the way he planned because he was forced to follow Barrett's orders since he was the leader of the stable. The goal for Nexus was to capture Championships. They got the tag team belts, but they needed something with more prestige, so they went after the WWE title. Barrett knew that he needed help to win, so he got Cena to be the special guest referee for the match. It's simple, Cena helps Barrett wins and he's gone from the Nexus, BUT if Barrett loses, Cena is fired. There were great touching promos that sometimes got you to think "Is Cena really going to be fired" "Is he really going to help Barrett win" etc. 1 of the major statements that Orton makes is that, if Cena helps Barrett win the title, yes, he stays in the WWE, but he'll be the biggest phony in the WWE. He'll be disrespecting everyone that has held the title including himself! That right there was a great point made by Orton.

Survivor Series: These 2 men end up going into Survivor Series not knowing what Cena was going to do. I think a lot of us knew that if Cena got "fired" he was going to end up coming back either way. So to be honest, it was kinda predictable, but it still ended up being a good story line. Barrett argues with Cena and pushes him, Cena breaks and pushes back, and Orton ends up giving the RKO for the win. Cena pins him 1,2,......3. Cena ends up getting fired with respect left on his back.

WHAT IF: What if Barrett actually won the title?! That would've changed the landscape of the WWE! If he won the WWE Championship, I believe that the Nexus would still, if not, be united longer. Cena would still be in the WWE, and Orton would be without the WWE championship. Now think about it, the Nexus would be stronger & Cena would be booed 10x worst! Or actually, be cheered! It's debatable on who the next opponent would've been for Barrett, but I believe that it could of setup another feud between Orton vs Cena. But this time, Orton as a face and Cena as a heel! Cena would turn heel because of the reaction and the actions he committed at Survivor Series. This would lead to a good heel turn for Cena. Cena could say that "The WWE Universe made him into what he is now because they kept booing him when he was trying to be a good person." Cena could end up winning and maybe ally with the Nexus or go off on his own. This would lead to probably a lost in money due to the fact that Cena turned heel, but increase the E. Cena move set would have to change also if he was to turn heel. This would change the landscape of the WWE!

Now here's The Great One with what he thinks would happen if Wade Barrett won the WWE Championship at Survior Series.

TheGreatOne

Barrett wins at the Survivor Series the WWE title. Orton wants revenge vs Cena during his promo which leads to match between the two on Raw to see who faces Barrett at TLC. Nexus interferes and leads to double DQ which meant he had to face both of them at TLC in a triple threat match. Barrett wins thanks to Nexus distracting Orton and Cena.

They both demand a rematch at the Royal Rumble which leads to a street fight to name the #1 contender. This also gives them a chance to settle past issues after Survivor Series since Nexus ruined their last chance to do so. Cena gets on top of a car attempting to jump on Orton who is laying on the floor at the time. However, car speeds away w/Cena falling off the car. Orton gets up not knowing what happened and hits him with an RKO. Orton faces Barrett at the Rumble for the title. Cena claims he doesn't know who was in the car, but he plans to find out. However he enters the Rumble and wins. Orton wins matches on Raw vs Nexus to keep them banned from ringside at the Rumble. On the night of the Royal Rumble, Orton tries to hit the RKO, but he is thrown into the ref. Barrett gives him a low blow and hits his finisher for the victory after Orton tries to revive the ref.

Nexus celebrates the next night on Raw however is stopped because Barrett learns he has to face 5 men in a EC match at next ppv. John Morrison, Miz, R-Truth, Orton, and Batista are in the match. All of his opponents team to face Nexus, but end up beating up each other. Cena also claims that he will be able to find out who was the person in the car during his street fight at the next ppv. When he finds out who it is, he'll attack him at the ppv. Barrett teams in a 6 man tag, but leaves his partners to get destroyed aka Miz. 6 men get to compete for the fastest time to enter the chamber last. Barrett wins it by having Nexus fake attack him. However, all opponents come out to attack him, but he gets away through the crowd. Barrett wins and Cena comes out claiming he will face him at WM and take his title!! He obviously was the one driving the car.

Barrett refuses to face Cena at WM despite him winning Rumble. The GM comes up with something better for both sides. Have a best of 5 match series where Cena faces every Nexus member. Cena wins, he will get his match at WM and Nexus will be banned from ringside. If Nexus wins 3 out of the 5, Barrett won't have to defend his WWE title at WM vs Cena. Cena wins despite series finishing 3-2. Contract signing finishes with Barrett putting Cena through the table with his finisher as he stands tall holding his WWE title. At WM Cena wins of course, however, Miz comes out and hits Cena with a leadpipe repeatedly cashing in the MITB. Miz of course wins the WWE title at Wrestlemania. That is how I wish it would have happened. LOL!

We hope you guys enjoyed the blog. Let us know how we did and if you're enjoying the series! If you got any "What If" ideas, comment below! Thanks!

Submit "What If: Wade Barrett" to Digg Submit "What If: Wade Barrett" to del.icio.us Submit "What If: Wade Barrett" to StumbleUpon Submit "What If: Wade Barrett" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

why would you give cena another useless title victory just for miz to cash in? 0.o only question
    Quote Originally Posted by #BITW
    why would you give cena another useless title victory just for miz to cash in? 0.o only question
    He won the title from Miz after WM anyways. Miz would be the first to cash in his oppurtunity at wrestlemania. You understand how much heat he would get after screwing Cena over after all the bs ended w/Barrett. Wins the title only to lose it to the Miz in the amount of seconds. All those months of torment with Nexus to finally win the championship to have it taken away from you in amount of seconds. That is how you create heat, make new stars, storylines, and so forth.
    I do like the theme for these kind of blogs and the concept. And Stratz, even though I get really annoyed when people keep talking about Cena should be heel cause I have heard that idea so many times, you were being honest about what you would do and I respect it.

TheGreatOne, now I am sure you would agree that it would of been too early for Barret to win the title at Survivor Series, but your thoughts would give Barret alot of heat with all the heel victories which is good. But yours was hard to follow as you seemed to skip some details. And you used the Nexus ban idea twice so I just think you should of used it for Orton, but the best out of 5 series matches is clever, if you take away them being at ringside anyways, cause it would be cool to have Nexus members beat Cena before Mania, and yet still have the WM match just between Cena and Wade Barret.

I would of definetly done this differently but we all have our opinions. Miz idea-Ilike it. Hope for another What If Blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    I do like the theme for these kind of blogs and the concept. And Stratz, even though I get really annoyed when people keep talking about Cena should be heel cause I have heard that idea so many times, you were being honest about what you would do and I respect it.

TheGreatOne, now I am sure you would agree that it would of been too early for Barret to win the title at Survivor Series, but your thoughts would give Barret alot of heat with all the heel victories which is good. But yours was hard to follow as you seemed to skip some details. And you used the Nexus ban idea twice so I just think you should of used it for Orton, but the best out of 5 series matches is clever, if you take away them being at ringside anyways, cause it would be cool to have Nexus members beat Cena before Mania, and yet still have the WM match just between Cena and Wade Barret.

I would of definetly done this differently but we all have our opinions. Miz idea-Ilike it. Hope for another What If Blog.
    I myself am a Cena fan, but if doesn't turn heel, its fine with me.

As for TheGreatOne, he would've went in more detail, but it was to long for him to send me. So sorry about that.

Hope you guys are enjoying the series so far. There will be more soon!
    If Barret won at Survivor Series, it would be because he hit Orton with a chair while Cena was distracted. Cena would explain on Raw the next night that he let Barret win not intentionally but because he didn't see Barret using the chair. Barret would have a two-month reign and Orton would recapture the belt. Miz cashes in, and the same story as what happened. The only difference that would make is that there wouldn't be a Cena-fired-but-still-apperaing-every-week storyline and Barret would be 1 time WWE Champion.
    You know that if this happened CM Punk would not throw that pipebomb or be wwe champion right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDominate99
    You know that if this happened CM Punk would not throw that pipebomb or be wwe champion right?
    Hard to tell what would have happened if Miz had cashed it in on Cena at Wrestlemania. Just like a butterfly in stories where just a little bug gets stepped on can change the world completely. Certainly wouldn't have been any Corre on SD either.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.