View RSS Feed

alcrissam

Cena Gets Political: Closer Look On His Montreal Promo

Rating: 9 votes, 2.89 average.
If you are from America and follow the current race for president, you HAD to have seen the clues from John Cena's promo last Monday night. If you could get the hints, John Cena was indirectly blasting Barack Obama.

In this blog, i will break down exactly what John Cena said about our current president.

John Cena: (to CM Punk) "For 300 days, you have been champion. For 300 days, that championship has been irrelevant."

What John is saying is that Barack Obama has been president all this time and he has done nothing but irrelevant things. It gets better.

John Cena: (to CM Punk) "You have been here for many years and the night you make the most noise is ironically turned silent. Ah, i remember those days, talk about change! Passionate, convicting talk of change and then one triumphant night in Chicago you were the victor. And the Universe finally said 'We get change!'. And they were lied to. They were fooled into a false claim, because change was not ice cream bars, change was not edgy television, change wasn't even new talent, all you said by 'We want change' is make CM Punk a star. You don't even know who CM Punk is."

This is where i literally said to myself "this is getting political." Barack's motto during his 2008 campaign for president was the word "Change." Cena's blasting of change is also a blasting of Obama. He then compares indirectly CM Punk's championship win last year at Money in the Bank to Obama's win in November of 2008. When Obama won, most of us thought we would get change. Cena tells us that Punk (Obama) lied to us, and did not give us what we wanted. He compares the political promises by Obama to promises by CM Punk in the WWE world. He ends it by saying "you don't even know who CM Punk is", going with the Republican view of "you don't even know who your president is."

John Cena: (to Punk) "You have changed your ideology numerous times, you have stabbed your friends in their backs, you borrow colors from Hall of Famers, you steal the elbow from the late Randy Savage."

Cena alludes to Obama changing his ideology numerous times, basically accusing him changing his ideas (IE healthcare) and the rest of the above. Just replace Randy Savage's Elbow with money and political terms and you will understand what i mean.

John Cena: (to Punk) "I am not saying you're not tough, I've been in the ring with you. And I'm not saying you are not accomplished. But your latest phase of development revolves around this. (points to WWE championship.) You think because you have this (the championship) you think are justified respect. No the reason you have kept it is by any means necessary, and that does not define a champion in my eyes."

Cena says Punk (Obama) is definitely tough and accomplished (referring back to Obama's credentials), but Obama only wanted to get to the presidential seat. He wasn't going to do anything with it, much like punk. The rest is more to Obama attempting to remain president by any means necessary.

John Cena: (to Punk) "You have been loud these past couple of weeks because you realize at Night Of Champions, you are in serious jeopardy of losing this (championship)."

Besides the death of Osama Bin Laden, when has Barrack Obama been as loud as he has been now? I don't really remember, but Cena alludes to this. The serious "Jeopardy" is Obama losing his presidency at the 2012 elections (Night of Champions).

The McMahons have been known Republicans, which is why they are blasting Obama's campaign using John Cena (Romney) and CM Punk (Obama). This Blog was NOT meant to be biased, as I am 16 years old and cannot vote anyways. But these are some things i noticed about the promo last night, and i just felt like sharing these thoughts.

Anyways, is there anyone who would like to disprove me as i say that the John Cena/CM Punk/Bret Hart promo at the end of Raw was phenomenal? Brilliant WWE, really brilliant.

Submit "Cena Gets Political: Closer Look On His Montreal Promo" to Digg Submit "Cena Gets Political: Closer Look On His Montreal Promo" to del.icio.us Submit "Cena Gets Political: Closer Look On His Montreal Promo" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cena Gets Political: Closer Look On His Montreal Promo" to Google

Comments

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Great blog man! It was unique and definitely an entertaining read. Keep up the great work bro.
    You know what, i thought i was going mad but i thought the exact same thing when he starting banging on about change, it seemed like a dig at obama...on a side note, that was an awesome promo!
    You would get an A at A-Level English, this is stunning analysis. But... honestly... I can't see WWE doing something political in the wake of AW's firing for supporting Linda.
    When I first read the title and started to read this I was like wow this dude is one of those conspiracy nuts. After reading it, while I do disagree that there was any political meaning at all, I can see your point of view and respect how thought out this was. It was a great read, hope to see more from ya =)
    I completely agree with you on this one. I thought the exact same thing as the promo was being cut.
    A very well written and interesting blog. You put forward a well reasoned convincing argument.
    The tone and language used by Cena are not commonly used in wrestling promos. This would suggest that extra thought and put into the writing of it. The writers are professional and talented and therefore clearly capable of putting a political theme in the speech if asked to. It also seems to be a coincidence that this would happen when politics are heating up. I agree that with the McMahon's political aspirations that they may want to attack Obama using means at their disposal, therefore wrestling. I would suggest that either Vince specifically requested it or the writers came up with the idea and he loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsrevenge
    I stopped after your first paragraph. This is a joke.
    I think out of EVERYONE who has commented on my blog post, you may be the smartest. You are smart because you didn't like the contents of the blog, so why finish it? Great job, I really respect that.

I mean, why pay attention to the problems and news stories of the world anyways? It's not like anything good is happening right?? Do me a favor, while it would be really cool to have a world where wrestling is the only thing that has ever existed, you would be very SUPRISED that the united states has government positions that people want and would do anything to get. Maybe you should be a little (just kidding, you should be a lot more) open minded.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.