Top Ten Finishers and Why
by, 09-11-2012 at 03:06 PM (3475 Views)
This is Mikey A and my first blog will be about what I look forward to the most: finishers. A finisher can make or break the superstar. IMO Santino was a good wretler up until the cobra. Christian before the frog splash. Sin cara before the Swanton Bomb. So without further ado, lets just jump right into it.
10. Ryback's Shock Drop-Ryback has shown that he can become the biggest powerhouse next to John Cena by execuing his finisher on two people at the same time. But let's be honest, he's fighting nobodies. I want to see him beat people like Dolph Ziggler, Rey Mysterio, or maybe even Albertio Del Rio.
9. Skull Crushing Finale-Even though The Miz has been on a losing streak lately and his career is slowly going downhill, I still get interested when he hits his finisher because it's a perfect attack to the head and more times than not, no one kicks out.
8. Attitude Adjustment- I hate John Cena beyond all belief but I cannot deny his strength. If someone tries a flying crossbody, he will power them into an AA and its over. That is all the credit I will give him.
7. Texas Cloverleaf- Sheamus is now using this in place of the Brogue Kick (which will not be on this list, maybe some other time) and IMO he makes it look horrible. It looked best with Dean Malenko. Maybe with Eddie Guerrero. But not with Sheamus, but I do look forward to a submission versus submission match with Alberto Del Rio.
6. GTS- I am a huge fan of CM Punk. I have been since ROH. I don't like the GTS as much as the Pepsi Plunge, or the Welcome to Chicago MFer but the GTS does look like it hurts and thats why it's here and not in top 5.
5. Twist of Fate- Matt Hardy has been using this finisher to its full extennt. but Jeff Hardy is the one making it popular. On Bully Ray at No Surrender, he hit two consecutive Twist of Fates. Jeff Hardy is the very reason why I love High Flyers.
4. Zig-Zag- Dolph Ziggler is a rising star right now and I can see Sheamus beating Del Rio this Sunday at NOC only to have David Otunga come out and beat him down. Then Dolph Ziggler follows with a beautiful Zig-Zag to win the title. Zig-Zag has a beautiful execution and I just get excited everytime Dolph Ziggler competes.
3. RKO- Let me be perfectly clear, I hate Randy Orton as a face. He needs to find a new job if he continues as a face. But I cannot dismiss the RKO. Previously used by DDP and now Bully Ray. Anyone can get RKO'ed out of nowhere. I mean, "Dolph picks up Randy Orton RKO! RKO! RKO!" See? He nailed it on Big Show recently. I love the RKO but hate Randy.
2. Cross Arm Breaker- I love this submission because its an MMA style move. Or is it maybe because I am a Submissionist? Del Rio recently made Randy Orton tap out to this move, what does this say?
1. La Belle/No Lock-I like Daniel Bryan's talent and now his character. I hated him when I first saw him but when he locked in the La Belle lock, I was amazed. I will not lie, Chris Benoit will biblically burn in hell now, but he had talent. And the La Belle lock reminded me of The Crippler Crossface.
Honorable Mentions: 619/West Coast Pop. Aries's Brainbuster submission. Edge Spear. R-Truth's Lil Jimmy. James Storm Superkick.