View RSS Feed

StratZ-

What If: Cenation

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, StratZ- here, I've posted a few blogs before, but I want to start getting more into it, so I'm gonna start a series called the "What If"

For debut series, I'm going to be focusing on John Cena. What if he wasn't in WWE? What if he was in TNA?

WWE
I believe that Cena is a HUGE part of the WWE. From the attitude era-pg era.

Currency: Nobody can deny that Cena helps the WWE make a ton of money for the WWE. He's the #1 selling merch in the WWE. Without him, the WWE would not have as much money as they do now. Even with Ryder, Punk, etc

Championships: I think back in the day where Cena was in his rapper gimmick, he increased the prestige, in my opinion, for the United States & the WWE championships. What Cena did to the US title was brilliant. Now I'm not saying that it didn't have prestige before, but it just gained more! The spinner belt was sick! It was unique and creative. He was something new in the WWE that had never done before. Same for the WWE championship! I was young when I saw him debut that title, but it was such an awesome moment for me, because for me, it looked sicked when I 1st saw it, but now I don't enjoy the looks of the title as much. Obviously now, the US Title as lost a ton of prestige! As for the WWE championship, its been up and down.

Gimmicks: Nobody can deny that Cena was 1 of the main men that made "different" gimmicks work. I mean, who in the hell thought that some white kid from a small town in Mass could pull off being a rapper? And ALSO being GOOD at it! He was hilarious at it and was also serious when needed. An awesome heel/face. I think by him being able to pull that off, it opened more doors for unique and creative gimmicks. I honestly wouldn't mind him in that gimmick again! Even though I am a Cean fan, his whole gimmick at the moment, isn't great. WWE needs to repackage him and make him worth wild like he was when he 1st started.

TNA
Currency: Man... Just thinking about this already makes it a big landscape.. Would Cena sell merch? Yes. Will he get TNA a lot more profit? Yes. Will he be the #1 selling merch? Debatable. TNA fans are older than WWE fans, so to have him as the #1 selling merch... Its hard to say. But TNA would profit a lot more because it's simple, Cena draws in money. Hands down.

Championships: Of course, I don't think Cena could pull of a TNA spinner belt, but for him to hold a belt, could add prestige to it. especially the Tevelsion Title. It's all based on how TNA play out his story line and character.

Gimmick: Would Cena's rapper gimmick be able too work in TNA? Quite possibly. His superman gimmick? No way in hell. I could 100% see Cena as a heel over there. His wrestling style would be different also. Most likely more aggressive and a bigger moveset.

Overall, Cena loves the WWE and he isn't going anywhere! Whether he like him or not, you have to respect him as a person and as a businessman. He's a huge part in the E. I hope you guys liked this blog, if you did be sure to give me some feedback! Let me know if I should keep doing these series. Also, i would love to work with someone who has experience in blogging about Wrestling. It's on my bucket list too do a double blog! Thanks!

Submit "What If: Cenation" to Digg Submit "What If: Cenation" to del.icio.us Submit "What If: Cenation" to StumbleUpon Submit "What If: Cenation" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i rather enjoy cena at the moment, his last promo with punk at the end of RAW was one of the best in recent memory.

personally, if i were cena, i would add a sense of arrogance to my character. emphasize the fact that he has not been champion in over 8 months, but he has still main-evented all of the ppvs, emphasize if he is such a bad wrestler, and "sucks", why does he sell the most mech. and demanded on talk shows. just a tad more edge, not back to the rapper gimmick, i thought that was corny, reminded me to much of Marky Mark...
    Quote Originally Posted by SHW
    i rather enjoy cena at the moment, his last promo with punk at the end of RAW was one of the best in recent memory.

personally, if i were cena, i would add a sense of arrogance to my character. emphasize the fact that he has not been champion in over 8 months, but he has still main-evented all of the ppvs, emphasize if he is such a bad wrestler, and "sucks", why does he sell the most mech. and demanded on talk shows. just a tad more edge, not back to the rapper gimmick, i thought that was corny, reminded me to much of Marky Mark...
    I agree with you, if he where to ever turn heel (not likely to happen) it would make him a better package if he where to become arrogant, cocky with a attitude. He would be able to pull that off really well.
    Good blog. I enjoy the actual break down of Cena in the WWE and if he where to ever step foot in TNA. You brought Cena full circle with what he has done in the WWE. I look forward to another blog.
    Good Blog!!! If at all Cena ever go to TNA (Which will never happen)...I want him to cut a sick promo (no matter rap or normal one) about how bad he feels about doing the SAME OLD SHIT n 5MOVES OF DOOM etc...

n when ever he do some other move than what he's doing in WWE..he should pose to the crowd as if he knows wrestling..n one of his catch phrases should be I CAN WRESTLE..
    if you want to do a what if,its simple. now im not a cena hater,but what i do hate is how the wwe has roaded him for 8 years strong. and this is whats wrong with what they did. the wwe put cena over every single wrestler on the roaster. with no equal who to challange him? we all know the wwe is going to make him champ like by the next ppv. so who wants to see that let alone buying a $50 ppv. now in the late 90s you had like 5 maineventer that they switch up every few mounths. but now cenas is the main focus even when hes not champ. it has made cm punks whole raine as champ worth nothing. but its not the 5 moves thing becaues everyone has thier set moves its that shitty shitty finisher. making all the talent job to that move has single handly destroyed the wwe and has cheaped pro wrestling as a whole. it looks like all the guys who job to it cant take a bodyslam. its so kills the auora of westling. so its been like 8 years now. hulkamania only really lasted 5 stonecold and the rock only lasted 6 to7 its time to slow the train down. the only problem is that they like killed the whole roaster and noone is on cenas level save ortan,maybe cm punk. so really what if cean had done a really sweet finisher back in 2005 instead of the fu/attatude adjuster? i dont think we would be having this blog i would still love wrestling the way i did in back in 05 and everything would be going strong for the wwe
    Updated 09-13-2012 at 07:14 PM by DR.X313

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.