View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Break It Down: Cops, Cards, and Vets

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Hey wrestling fans. DK Wrestling Savior and Bearkg88 here to talk about the goings on from this past week in wrestling. We got some really good news topics to cover, so, we're ready. The question is, Are You Ready?

I SAID, ARE YOU READY? BREAK IT DOWN!

Did you watch Saturday Morning Slam? What are your thoughts?

Bearkg88. I did not. I had considered DVRing it, but frankly, the show seems dumb. Of course I get the point and who it's directed towards...but I am not one of the little kids who it is directed towards.

DK Wrestling Savior. Of course I didn't watch it. But reading about it and how it's structured, I think it's great for kids. I'm not sure about the no head or neck moves rule though. Is this their way of conceding that no one will ever listen to the "don't try this at home" disclaimer? I've probably watched more violence on last week's episode of Spongebob.

What are your thoughts on Cameron's police charges? Also, what do you think of her being the first eliminated from Tough Enough?

Bearkg88. Frankly, it doesn't surprise me she was arrested, what surprised me though is that she offered one of the officers $10,000 to let her go. Now that is crazy. In the same boat though, it doesn't really matter as all she is, is a dancer. As for TE, it doesn't matter. i didn't want Tough Enough as I thought it was a waste of time, and guess what, the winner is released. Saved myself some time there.

DK Wrestling Savior. I think this. If a joke about Kobe Bryant is enough to get someone fired, then an action that endangers the public in a physical way should also be. She should be fired. As for Tough Enough, I did watch it and it was very entertaining. But, I think they should never do it again considering the first one eliminated is on TV, and the winner, who was actually like the 4th best, is gone. I know reality TV is just as scripted as regular TV, and the only difference is the camera setting, but if it's going to be that blatant that the first eliminated is on the main show...then just don't do it again, please.

With less TV Time recently, is Team 3D finished in TNA?

Bearkg88. D-Von yes, Bully no. Bully is SOOO over as a heel. I think D-Von was just kind of floating around.

DK Wrestling Savior. I agree completely about Bully. They should do whatever it takes to keep him signed. I'm not sure about Devon. Yeah, he was just sort of floating around, but at the same time, he was over a little with the crowd and he's current TV Champion. I hope they keep him too. That's just me.

What do you think of the apparent heat on Michael Cole for missing the Rock Bottom call?

Bearkg88. It goes to show Cole's true ability as a commentator. I've never been a fan of his, and frankly, wish he was pulled and replaced with Matthews or JR. As for the heat for missing the Rock Bottom call, well, again, shows Cole's true ability as a commentator. The guy would better serve as a manager.

DK Wrestling Savior. I didn't think it was a big deal at the time. The match was pretty much a snoozer anyway. But like bearkg said, Cole's ability as a commentator is very weak, so it doesn't surprise me. I guess this answers the age old question of whether or not Vince actually does feed Cole his lines through a headset. I never believed he did and I think if this heat that's being reported is true, then I was right. It may have been a big deal but I'm sure the majority of the people watching never even gave it a thought anyway.

How do you feel about the Aces & Eights and Joey Ryan storylines and how they're progressing?

Bearkg88. With A and 8's, I think it is all about progression. Each week giving us something new to it. This past week, we saw 1 person's face. Was it one of the lackeys, or one of the actual members? I don't know. Im still interested in seeing where it goes. As for Ryan, I like this. I figured when it initially started, he'd be back on TV within 3 weeks. Instead, it gets drawn out. Hopefully when it comes to total fruition, it is worth the wait.

DK Wrestling Savior. A lot of people love this Aces & Eights storyline. I love too and I find myself anxiously awaiting Thursday nights to see what's going to happen next. That doesn't change how I feel and I report my feelings in Sudden Impact. It is progressing slowly, which is good, but maybe a bit too slowly. As for Joey Ryan, my feelings are this. I hated him in his gut check, and instantly became a fan on his decision day the following week. I'm with bearkg on this one. I hope it's worth the wait. In the meantime, can we get a little more than a megaphone protest out of him? Let him sneak attack or something. Have him show up more than just on decision night. Maybe he can raid the backstage decision meeting one time, or even interfere in a gutcheck match.

This Week's Winners and Losers

Bearkg88. TNA winner-Jeff Hardy. He put on a good match with Kurt Angle, he moved on in the BFG series, and while he won't win it, He will put on another good/great match. For WWE, it's CM Punk. I'm loving what is going on with him, and thought him bleeding on Raw was that little bit of edge we are missing. Now for losers. For TNA i go with Eric Young. He comes back, and instead of a new character direction, we get the same old thing. For WWE, it is Cody Rhodes. He goes from a decent IC reign, to losing to Brodus Clay in less than 3 minutes.

DK Wrestling Savior. For me, TNA's winner this week is Jeff Hardy. His match with Angle was fantastic and he is now in the mix in a major way. The Loser, I think, is RVD. He had the match with James Storm and really looked lackluster in it. He looked around for fan approval for way too long and way too many times. To me, that killed the quality of what should have been a great match with him and Storm. I did not watch any WWE this week except for HHH's speech and the Punk/King Cage match. I will not be choosing a winner and loser this week.

This is a great thing we got going here. We'd love to hear from the readers about what they think of it. This blog series is in its early stages and we will be tweaking and expanding and trying to make this better. We welcome any and all ideas from you guys. Let us know what you think.

I hope you enjoyed this week's edition. Sorry we were late this week but with the holiday weekend and all, things were a bit crazy. Thanks for reading everyone and be safe.

Submit "Break It Down: Cops, Cards, and Vets" to Digg Submit "Break It Down: Cops, Cards, and Vets" to del.icio.us Submit "Break It Down: Cops, Cards, and Vets" to StumbleUpon Submit "Break It Down: Cops, Cards, and Vets" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Joey Ryan gets booked for a lot of PWG stuff. He can't be at iMPACT all the time unless TNA basically signs him.
    Liked the back and forth banter between the two of you guys. I actually envision this as being similar to the podcast I enjoy listening to on my iPod at work. I think you both have a complimentary style of writing that keeps me interested. What I am waiting for is a good, heated topic that they two of you have two TOTALLY different opinions on. I love it when passionate fans differ on topics and are smart enough to actually debate their points of view without it being a 3rd grade fight.

Also, I'd like for you guys to incorporate some of your favorite regulars from the site; Similar to a "guest spot" or something like that. A cameo appearance for a section called "Renevious Rage" in which Ren rants about a topic you guys are talking about. I wouldn't call for it every issue, but say twice a month would add a nice feel to the blog as a whole. My final opinion is that you guys are on the right track with this series, and I think many of us "hardcore" fans will be waiting anxiously to hear your opinions on these popular and current topics.

DRG

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.