View RSS Feed

Bart27

WWE: The Biggest Tease On The Planet

Rate this Entry
I'm new to this but thought I'd join to air my views as it appears so many others do.

Having followed the WWE since I was a little kid I'm now coming to a point where I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with what I'm seeing.

The "PG" rating has become a real pain in the preverbial by not allowing stroylines develop to their full potential and stunting some of the newer superstars growth. The old school allowed storylines develop over months before we got a conclusion and in the attitude era we saw storylines develop and encompass so many different people at times that it became so good you had at least 10 main top superstars that could at any one moment spring a suprise and change the whole landscape. (HHH, HBK, Y2J, Kane, Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle etc, etc, etc)

The last greatest storyline I can remember is the invasion. Since then we have been treated to gimmicks and storylines that last no longer than it takes for me to go to the bathroom.

Nowadays I liken the WWE to my wife. All the potential in the world and knows it. Teases you constantly of what you can have and can remember having and then shuts up shop and does something that is only mildly interesting.

Cena and Nexus is a prime example. Did he turn heel? No! Why? Because Cena makes to much money for them being the guy all the kids like. If he turned heel, and they did it right it would have been one of the best storylines ever.

Do they allow the tag teams to develop a division that could replicate that of the old days? No! Instead they run good tag teams for no more than a few months and then split them up, don't follow through on the storylines and leave them to flounder in the wilderness of singles competition. I hate to say it but whilst TNA is not my favourite their tag team division is just awesome compared to WWE's.

You then get onto the likes of those who get push's and then end up back at mid card level. I'm so pleased The Miz won the belt. Lets hope they do the right thing and don't do another Jack Swagger.

I could rant forever but what annoys me more than anything is that I've loved watching wrestling for 20+ years now and feel that I'm being short changed for the lack of forsight and creativity on their part in exchange for a mediocre product that doesn't deliver its full potential.

What do you think?

Submit "WWE: The Biggest Tease On The Planet" to Digg Submit "WWE: The Biggest Tease On The Planet" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE: The Biggest Tease On The Planet" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE: The Biggest Tease On The Planet" to Google

Updated 12-02-2010 at 04:59 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey Bart27 and welcome. I recently posted my first blog here as well. The comments you made about the tag team division i think are right on the money and right now TNA own tag team wrestling on TV. As for the storyline development i again agree that storylines aren't given enough time to develop and grow like they used it. I don't know weather I would blame that on WWE being PG now though. Yes storylines are poor and yes that has happened consistantly since WWE has been PG but I think it has more to do with lack of creative thinking in the creative department. I really believe that the writers that WWE has currently aren't good enough to give us the storylines we had 10-12 years ago. It does look as though WWE is trying to address this in some way as we have seen that they have been looking to recruit new writers and have released a few they already had.
    i completely agree, the tagteam division is the biggest joke i seen in my life. I thought cryme tyme was gonna be the next big thing i mean they were getting huge crowd reactions for four years. They were even released and then brought back but they never game them the belts and split them up and put em in a match for them to turn singles and disapear, its a disgrace. You know the tagteam divison is trash when it takes you 30 seconds to remember who the tag champs are. It literally took me 30 seconds to realize nexus were the tag champs. Literally there are two tagteams and a stable in the wwe (santino & kozlov and the usos & the nexus). Correct me if im wrong but those are the only tagteams left.

The wwe has become a huge jokes that toys with the fans but i think its because they want to relive the 80s pg era. Eventually once the kids grow grow up they will go back to tv14. Only problem is the pg era of the 80s was great television.

your post is dead on correct, love the comparison to your wife lol
    "Correct me if im wrong but those are the only tagteams left."

I spent a few minutes racking my brain to try to prove you wrong, but I actually realised your right. Those are the only tag teams/stables. Thats how sad WWE's tag team division is these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart27
    Nowadays I liken the WWE to my wife. All the potential in the world and knows it. Teases you constantly of what you can have and can remember having and then shuts up shop and does something that is only mildly interesting.
    ^ LMAO @ This

I agree with you in general. The only thing I kind of disagree on is the Miz...while I am glad to see someone new get the belt, putting the belt on him was highly predictable and I find him very lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by knox
    The wwe has become a huge jokes that toys with the fans but i think its because they want to relive the 80s pg era. Eventually once the kids grow grow up they will go back to tv14. Only problem is the pg era of the 80s was great television.

your post is dead on correct, love the comparison to your wife lol
    Also that era at least had great tag teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One
    "Correct me if im wrong but those are the only tagteams left."

I spent a few minutes racking my brain to try to prove you wrong, but I actually realised your right. Those are the only tag teams/stables. Thats how sad WWE's tag team division is these days.
    I actually did the same thing when I read this....You cannot expect a split up team to produce successful singles stars (or at least 1) if they are not OVER. So why not give a team a chance and keep them together for more than a few months, if you are just going to break them up anyways??

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.