View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Sudden Impact: Coming Home to No Surrender

Rate this Entry
Hey wrestling fans. DK Wrestling Savior here with another edition of Sudden Impact, where it's all TNA, and nobody else.

Before I get started, I will say that I have ION, and am looking forward to NWA coming to TV. That being said, we're coming home to No Surrender and we're closing out the BFG Series. It was a fantastic series with excellent matches all the way through. Also, what's next for Aces & Eights? So, let's get to it, shall we?

BFG Series Wrapping Up

Well, they gave us a gem to open things up. Hardy vs Samoa Joe. The crowd is highly behind Hardy. Joe, as always, is okay with that because he's all business. As the match went on, the crowd went about 50/50. Jeff was his usual high-flying self. These two put on a very nice match, and I was shocked to see Hardy get the submission win. I'm not sure if they botched the Whisper in the Wind, or if they were selling Joe's arm injury. Either way, good match with a surprising ending that really shakes up the Final Four picture.

Bully Ray and RVD. Let me start by saying, I miss the "Twittah Machine" and "Bully Nation". But, I still like him as one of the top heels, not just in TNA, but in wrestling. These two put on a heck of a match. Great ending too, with Bully Ray, catching RVD with a cutter in mid-air from the 5-star. Well, Bully Ray is in the final four, RVD is out.

James Storm announces his opponent for No Surrender. He chooses Bully Ray. That means we get another Joe vs Hardy match, this time, on PPV. I'm getting excited for the anticipation of what potential match ups we could have in the finals.

Tag Team Title Contenders and Match

We're back to the Reality TV format with eliminations and tons of Hogan screen time. Okay, these segments aren't the worst, but I do find they take valuable time that could be used for something legit, like more feud building in other areas. By the way, was there any doubt that Chavo and Hernandez were getting the title shot here?

I actually like Chavo in the Tag Team Title picture right now. It gives him a chance to get a following, without being put in a position of losing, or worse, winning over bigger TNA stars. Also, I think he and Hernandez make a decent team. As for the match, Chavo and Hernandez dominated like the first 10 minutes of it. It got a little more competitive after that. Hernandez is impressive. I cannot believe Daniels and Kaz retained after the ass kicking they took. That sucked. I guess it's good that AJ and Angle are getting a rematch. What else are they gonna do for the time being?

Knockouts Match: Gail Kim vs Tara

Women's wrestling at its best. It was no Gail vs Mickey James classic, but a good women's match nonetheless. The Widow's Peak ranks up there with my all time favorite finishers too. Tara has momentum going into No Surrender.

Joey Ryan and Al Snow

I will start by admitting my wrong. Despite what was reported, I stuck by my prediction that Al Snow was the one behind Joey Ryan and would get him in with a heel turn of sorts. Well, I was wrong. They faced off, he offered another Gut Check, this time, Al Snow would be his opponent. If Ryan wins, he's in. Finally. I don't understand that running away part when Al Snow slapped him. I also don't know why they would ruin what Joey Ryan is by making him cry about suing.

**Anyone else find it interesting that Batista was advertised on TNA? Yes, it was for MMA Uncensored, but that would nice to see him in TNA. At least I think so**

Aces & Eights Saga

What a great storyline this has been. But, I have a few problems with this week. First, Aries pulling a Jack Bauer and try the torture interrogation method was silly. Second, I thought that the effort for Aces & Eights story building was very weak. Finally, I think Hogan got way too much screen time this week.

As for what they did this week, the show closes with a brawl between A Double and his now opponent at No Surrender. One good thing was how the A&8 guy leveled "Mike from NY" with the hammer. It was a pure gang warfare tactic reminiscent of something from the mafia. Take out the weak link, so he don't talk.

**Another thing I liked this week, was the wrath of Magnus. That's the kind of stuff they should have been doing all along with this guy. We get a match with RVD at No Surrender, then I think we get the makings of a decent feud with Samoa Joe, which is good, but bad because I think it's a way of writing Joe out of the BFG and title picture.**

Overall, Impact was decent. After weeks of Impact being dominated with Aces & Eights, we got a good coming home episode really building toward No Surrender, and what lies beyond. I guess I'm accustomed to how the Aces & Eights Saga has been playing out, that I found myself a little disappointed that it wasn't built up more. So far, everything they've done has been a little bit better each week, but then they fell back a bit this week. I don't know, that's just my opinion. Good for No Surrender build, but bad for the best storyline is wrestling build.

Okay Everyone. I'm not doing a throwback segment this week, as I'm replacing it with my No Surrender predictions. I know this blog has been long so I'll speed through these.

BFG: James Storm vs Bully Ray

This should be a decent back and forth match. The ending will tell us a lot about what's up with the Bully Ray contract situation. I'm going to predict James Storm gets the win. Revenge from last year.

BFG: Jeff Hardy vs Samoa Joe

This match should be epic. As much as I would love to see Samoa Joe vs James Storm, I think Hardy gets the win here and goes on to face the Cowboy.

BFG: Jeff Hardy vs James Storm

Another epic match. Probably not as good as the Hardy/Joe match, but should be up there. A lot of back and forth action and Hardy gets the win and completes the big comeback for a shot at A Double and the TNA Title.

Knockouts Championship: Tara vs Tess

At OFN, Tara taught Tess a lesson in who is the teacher and who is the student. I see another good Knockouts match with Tess winning, heel style. She'll cheat to win, garnering heat, turning heel, and the feud will continue beyond this PPV.

Magnus vs RVD

I'm really hoping this is the start of something great for Magnus. These two should put on a good match. RVD hasn't been winning. Close, but not getting it done. I see the same thing here. Magnus wins a close one after capitalizing on an RVD mistake.

X Division Championship: Zema Ion vs Sonjay Dutt

I expect nothing less than superb from these two. Not much build for this match so I'm hoping they shock us with some "whoa" moments and get us thnking about the X Division again. Zema Ion will retain here though. Probably cheating of some sort.

Tag Team Championship: Daniels & Kaz vs AJ Styles and Angle

This should be another good match, culminating with Styles kicking their ass, yet again. This could go two ways. Angle goes heel and cost them the match, setting up an AJ/Angle feud, or AJ/Angle win the match and the titles. I'm going to go, AJ/Angle win the titles.

Joey Ryan vs Al Snow: IF THIS MATCH HAPPENS

If it happens, obviously, Joey Ryan would win, but not without an angle of some sort. He's gotta have some kind of support outside of the 87%ers. Maybe I'm right about Al Snow and he lays down for him, allowing him in. Or, they have a semi-competitive match and Ryan cheats to win somehow.

A Double vs Aces & Eights Guy

I can't express enough, my displeasure in the fact that this is a match. Unless it ends in a brawl of some sort, no good can come out of any result here. If A Double loses, that's bad for the champ's cred. If A Double wins, they kill all momentum Aces & Eights has. So, I'm gonna say, Aces & Eights wins cheaply, via use of a hammer or something, leading to a brawl.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Sudden Impact. I know it was long. Thank you for sticking it out. Have a great weekend everyone. Look for this week's Break It Down by about Sunday.

Be Safe.

Submit "Sudden Impact: Coming Home to No Surrender" to Digg Submit "Sudden Impact: Coming Home to No Surrender" to del.icio.us Submit "Sudden Impact: Coming Home to No Surrender" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sudden Impact: Coming Home to No Surrender" to Google

Comments

DK - I love reading your blogs. This one mirrored a lot of my own opinions and I can't pinpoint anything specific I disagreed with...

Predictions -

BFG: James Storm vs. Bully Ray

I am going with my heart on this one. Bully gets the win when a returning Bobby Roode costs Storm his chance to complete his destiny. Their feud culminates at BFG, while Bully advances.

BFG: Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe

Following my heart again with these predictions. Hardy comes up short after trying for another submission on Joe's arm... Only this time, Joe is ready for it and counters for the win.

BFG: Bully Ray vs. Samoa Joe

With Joe being able to work both heel and face, you'll see a drastic change in his match from the battle with Hardy and this one with Bully Ray. After a brutal and stiff match, I see Joe going for the corner splash/spin kick in the corner only to squash the ref. Magnus comes down, swings a chair at Joes arm, and sets up for Bully to pick up Magnus' scraps. Winner of the BFG series is #BULLYNATION.

Knockouts Championship: Tara vs. Tess

I think like you do on this one. Tess turns heel on her teacher, leading to a rematch at BFG.

Magnus vs. RVD

Magnus gets the win. This sends RVD into a downward spiral and sets Magnus up to start moving up the ranks. By this time next year (I hope) Magnus will be the Samoa Joe of this year; someone who didn't do much in the Series the previous year, but is a standout the next year.

X Division Championship: Zema Ion vs. Sonjay Dutt

This is the match I've wanted to see since Dest X. I think if they have 15 mins, this match could blow a lot of the others out of the water. Zema gets the win, and I am probably the only one who will say it, but I see a clean win with the Hostile Makeover

Tag Team Championship: Daniels & Kaz vs. AJ Styles and Angle

I see this match being the MOTN... Again. The WTTCOTW end up getting the Duke when they capitalize on an Angle mistake that causes AJ to be KOed (remember, they got the belts back after a Styles mistake) which sets up Styles vs. Angle at BFG.

Joey Ryan vs. Al Snow: IF THIS MATCH HAPPENS

If it happens, Snow lays down after a finger poke of doom. Snow becomes the manager for Ryan and they set up for a Taz vs. Ryan match at BFG to truly get Ryan something going... Remember, they showed it on Impact this week; Snow was the only one to vote "Yes" for Ryan.

A Double vs. Aces & Eights Guy

No Contest. Aries going for the Brain Buster, and A&8s hits the ring. TNA Roster follows in. The PPV ends with a MAJOR addition to the A&8s from the TNA roster being unveiled. This is where the shocking win for the BFG becomes relevant with Bully being part of the A&8s. Now the winner of BFG is the leader of the invading faction and is set to take on the Leader of the TNA roster in a battle for control of the most important piece of gold in the company.

All in all, this PPV is simply happening because TNA is contracted to give 12 a year. It's one of the reasons why most of the matches weren't in place until last night, and why I think the majority of these outcomes simply set up for the BFG card next month.
    Great Blog DK!!! all 4 ppl in the scene are potential winners...Storm, Joe, Ray n Hardy....

I mean what if Hardy is behind Aces n 8s along with his brother???

They have advertised Batista on their show, hmm what if he's actually behind A&8s?? lols that's just a wild thought..

No surrender is living up to what it is meant for BUILDING UP for BFG....

I'm looking forward for great matches n great feuds n nothing else...

one small info: last week I wrote that Chavo will be used in the tagteam scenario this week...n exactly that's what they did with him...8)
    I thought the tag match on Impact was amazing. I loved the quick tagging by both teams and really enjoyed the moves they pulled off like the Chavo hurricanrana to Hernandez that dropped him on....Daniels? Plus, the way the match went it really seemed like Daniels and Kaz were going to lose. It brought some much needed energy back to the tag division.

I'm almost positive that Samoa Joe will beat Hardy and Storm will beat Bully Ray to end the BFG series the same way it started in the battle royal with Joe and Storm left in the ring.

I love Magnus but he needs a bit more of a character before getting a serious main event run. It's exactly why I feel RVD doesn't deserve the title despite how talented he is in the ring.

The only way a Magnus vs. Joe feud is going to not keep Joe from winning the BFG series is if he wins the title from Aries. Then Magnus and Joe can feud for the title.

So disappointed that post Destination X the X Division has been almost non existent. No build to a Sonjay Dutt and Zema Ion match which already had history to work with when Ion spraying Dutt in the face with hairspray at Destination X.
    I thought the tag match on Impact was amazing. I loved the quick tagging by both teams and really enjoyed the moves they pulled off like the Chavo hurricanrana to Hernandez that dropped him on....Daniels? Plus, the way the match went it really seemed like Daniels and Kaz were going to lose. It brought some much needed energy back to the tag division.
    True...That looked like a real tag team match...we r missing such tag team action these days...

So disappointed that post Destination X the X Division has been almost non existent. No build to a Sonjay Dutt and Zema Ion match which already had history to work with when Ion spraying Dutt in the face with hairspray at Destination X.

I agree with you...Zema Ion started growing on me n suddenly X-Div is no where...Since road to BFG series is over now, we'll get more of X-Div as well...Zema Ion vs Sonjay Dutt will be a great match n I'm thinking they'll steal teh show by pulling some crazy stuff...
    Initially I thought the arm breaker guy is Luke Gallows...but I heard Mike Knox had a dark match with TNA for contract...n is also of similar size n shape...can he be Mike Knox??

hmm he can also be The Monster Abyss.....again same size n shape..

what do you think folks??
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahu
    Initially I thought the arm breaker guy is Luke Gallows...but I heard Mike Knox had a dark match with TNA for contract...n is also of similar size n shape...can he be Mike Knox??

hmm he can also be The Monster Abyss.....again same size n shape..

what do you think folks??
    I'm not 100% sure, but I may have brought that up either on a forum or last week's Sudden Impact blog. A third face of Park, could definitely be a player in that.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I may have brought that up either on a forum or last week's Sudden Impact blog. A third face of Park, could definitely be a player in that.
    In fact after reading your comment only I have browsed back n checked all the videos of A & Es..n came to this conclusion...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.