View RSS Feed

Delirious

The Way I See It - Aces and Eights, Claire Lynch, etc.

Rate this Entry
Hi, guys! First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for your support on my last blog. I enjoy your comments and I appreciate the fact that you guys took the time to read it. For that, I thank you.

Moving on, after watching Hardcore Justice, I immediately had an idea for my next blog. However, after watching Impact this week, TNA effectively threw a curveball and I had to take a step back. But after doing some thinking, I'm ready to go with my next edition of The Way I See It.

----

First and foremost, I'm really enjoying the Aces and Eights storyline. It's funny because when TNA originally had these guys attack Sting, they didn't have an idea in the works at all. The attack was simply to explain why Sting wasn't involved in the Bound for Glory series. And now, weeks upon weeks later, it's developed into arguably the most entertaining storyline in wrestling today. It's crazy how things work out sometimes.

They are applying a slow build, which is fine because I think that's going to produce the best result in the end. However, I am starting to feel more and more like we're going to be disappointed with the end result. An ongoing storyline within the storyline (makes sense, right?) was that James Storm was behind Aces and Eights. Obviously, from the onset, the plan was never to have him behind the group. But as time went on, I started to think that it would be a decent reveal if Storm ended up being behind Aces and Eights simply because no one really thought he was the guy. Us, as fans, know that when something is made this obvious, where everyone says: "that's the guy," that the person isn't usually "the guy." And that's where I thought TNA could have thrown a wrench into it. By having James actually be behind it all, people would be taken back by it. But, as I said at the beginning, TNA threw a curveball and Aces and Eights effectively beat the turds out of Storm on Impact.

What now? This is wrestling and we've all seen some crazy stuff, so Storm could still end up being behind the group. But if it's not Storm, who is it? The problem is, with how well they've built the entire angle, the person behind them needs to be awesome, you know? The reveal needs to make us all poop in our shorts. That's where the disappointment comes in: I don't think it's going to be a good payoff. I think it's ultimately going to be Jeff Jarrett because it makes the most sense for him to be behind the group. His company was taken away from him, so he brought these guys in to raise Hell. The problem? No one wants to see Jeff Jarrett behind Aces and Eights because it's too predictable. That's why I am suddenly losing hope that the payoff is going to be amazing.

But it's something we're going to have to deal with. If it's not Storm or Jarrett, who's behind the group? I don't have the slightest clue. It could be Bully Ray or Vince Russo (He's not in TNA anymore, right? Well -- RUSSO-SWERVEEEE!) It could be anyone. Whoever it ends up being, I just hope it's someone awesome. Someone we never saw behind the entire thing. That, for me, would be a terrific payoff to a so far great storyline.

Hopefully it all works out in the end. But I'm not certain it will.

----

I just wanted to mention a couple of quick things from this past Thursday. First of all, the segment with Bobby Roode was amazing. I love that guy so much (that's normal, right) and I hope he finishes the year strong. But he's right, what's next? Roode without the TNA championship is foreign. I don't know what he's going to do next. I really don't. And it's really depressing. Sure, they could always fall back on Storm vs. Roode at Bound for Glory, but I'm not that interested in another match between those two. I really hope TNA has something planned for Roode. The guy is great and I don't want to see a year's worth of dominance be for nothing.

Secondly, is it just me or was the stipulation for the Styles vs. Daniels match on Thursday incredibly dumb? So, you're telling me that if Styles loses the match, he's going to accept the fact that he's the father? No questions asked? He's only going to order a paternity test if he wins? Does it get much more retarded than that? Am I asking too many questions? I think so.

I refused to complain about the Claire Lynch storyline. I tried to maintain my belief in Styles, Daniels, Kaz, TNA, etc. that the payoff would make all of the dreadful segments worthwhile. I was wrong. The wheels have fallen off the wagon and I hope the reports are true that this storyline is ending very, very soon. It's a shame because it could have been better, but what else is new, right?

----

Anyway, that's all I have for you guys this time. It should be obvious from my blogs that I really only watch TNA, so I most likely won't post much about the WWE. And here's a cheap plug: Savior, I read Sudden Impact every week. Good stuff, bro!

See all of you next time.

Submit "The Way I See It - Aces and Eights, Claire Lynch, etc." to Digg Submit "The Way I See It - Aces and Eights, Claire Lynch, etc." to del.icio.us Submit "The Way I See It - Aces and Eights, Claire Lynch, etc." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Way I See It - Aces and Eights, Claire Lynch, etc." to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey, thanks for the plug. I appreciate it. It looks as though I will be in good company if you keep your TNA blogs going.
    I enjoyed your blog there! I can see your point on the Aces and Eights story: even I am starting to see lag points in it here and there. But I still enjoy following it because (1) I'm a sucker for a good faction - something WWE doesn't have right now. Plus I'm digging the informal, biker gang look for the group.. and (2) I'm excited to see who the guys behind the masks are. Not as much as the whole "who's behind them?" factor as I'm just interested in seeing who will be new additions to the IMPACT roster.

As far as Bobby Roode, I'm happy with him too... he seems to sell the "incredulous loser who is finally coming to terms with reality" bit very well... but I'm worried that he may fall off the IMPACT radar after this... he was a great heel champion, but now what will he do? I think TNA may be considering this - since they actually had him kind of "address" that on TV.

And with the Lynch storyline, I never really had high hopes for it... it was fine for me when it was just Dixie, AJ, Kaz and Daniels, but with her jumping in, the ship kind of sank for me. On the plus side, the match from this past episode - the one with the paternity test stipulation - was one of my favorite matches between the Phenomenal One and the Fallen Angel. Hopefully the storyline will end soon and we can focus more on the awesomeness that is AJ and Daniels. That and I want to see exactly what the deal is between Kazarian and Daniels...
    ..logical choices for aces and eights would be Jarrett or Bischoff. I could honestly see them having Brooke Hogan being behind it.

Other choices perhaps Samoa Joe. Maybe they were the ninjas that kidnapped him. If Bully Ray stays maybe him as well
    As long as it is not Eric Bischoff behind Aces+Eights i am not to bothered.Personally i'am leaning towards Bully Ray as the leader of the faction however if it was Double J would it really be such a bad thing.He has been off screen for quite a while plus i always liked him as a heel.Some of TNAs best work was when he was running the company before Dixe hired Hogan and Co.

Thank God the AJ/Claire Lynch storyline is soon to be over.I just hope that Kaz and Daniels do not fall off our screens.

Good blog and keep up the good work.Its is nice seeing more people blog about TNA as they are on the up
    Seems obvious that Wes Brisco will be part of the Aces and Eights storyline. They should be having him on the show more so that people will remember him during the reveal.

Also, Chavo Guerrero's timing would've worked out well. He just happens to show up when the Aces and Eights start heating up. Plus, he's not been attacked yet. It'd be a great way to put him over.

How about Joey Ryan? He's another guy who's been invading TNA. He'd fit nicely even though he's not exactly the same style.
    Good blog bro. count me in as a frequent reader.
    ABout aces and eights I have a strange feeling...

I feel two people are controlling aces and eights..n those TWO will be JAMES STORM and BOBBY ROODE...the BEER MONEY INC !!!

BMI was a part of Fortune. But there they were mid carders..now how about them being main event team that is running a deadly faction??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.