View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Break It Down:SummerSlam, Aces & Eights, and Much More

Rate this Entry
Hey wrestling fans. DK Wrestling Savior along with Bearkg with another installment of….

BREAK IT DOWN!

We got some good topics this week. Hope you enjoy.
1. Rate SummerSlam with good, bad, and overall

Bearkg. For me, Summerslam was interesting. I'll go right into the good and bad.

Good
Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler
Rey Mysterio vs The Miz
CM Punk vs Big Show vs John Cena

Bad
Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio
Kofi Kingston/R Truth vs PTP

Overall Thoughts
Well for those of you who don't know, any match I didn't list would normally go in an indifferent section. for the good, I picked them because I either thought the match was good, or had an interesting ending. For the bad, well, a simple break down, Sheamus vs ADR does not equal successful feud, and Kofi/Truth vs PTP just didn't entertain me like I thought it would.

DK Wrestling Savior. I actually broke down and watched some of the main interest points on youtube. I was not impressed with what I saw. I felt the Ziggler/Jericho match was weaker than expected. Big Show dominated the triple threat, and lost, as he has done his entire career. And Brock vs HHH was silly. Sorry, but I’m not buying Brock popping right up after eating a second pedigree to put on the Kimora. It was just weak and I think Brock proved to be a disgrace of a signing. Hopefully, we won’t see him again. SummerSlam 25th Anniversary, might just rank #25 of all SummerSlams.

2. Who Will be Austin Aries' Opponent at No Surrender?

Bearkg. I honestly don't know. Part of me is pondering if it will be Roode, or if the leader of Aces and 8's will be revealed and name the contender. I'd say it is up in the air big time at this point.

DK Wrestling Savior. I too was expecting some sort of loophole for Bobby Roode. But now, I think No Surrender will consist of some sort of 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 type match that A Double will be involved in, with Sting, against Aces & Eights.

3. Will We See More WWE Mid Carders Asking For Release?

Bearkg. I'd say no. I know T-Reks asked for his release, but I feel like that's because he was being stuck with a stupid gimmick and not really going anywhere. I see the rest of the mid carders sticking in the WWE merely for the fact that probably make more there than they would anywhere else.

DK Wrestling Savior. I’m not sure how to answer this. I would think that this is sort of what the WWE is trying to do. They clearly have too many guys. The Linda campaign is pinning their backs against the wall. The only way to release people, without harming Linda’s claim for being a job creator, is to force people to quit. And I seriously think that’s what they’re doing. I think more people will ask for their release, because the longer they stay buried, the worse it is for their career.

4. Feelings on Alberto Del Rio Getting Yet Another Title Shot?

Bearkg. I feel like WWE has backed itself into a corner here. Who on SD is a viable contender for Sheamus? Orton is a face, Christian is a face, Miz is a heel but a champ, Barrett isn't back yet, Ziggler is MR MITB. All it really leaves is ADR which really sucks. I just hope when Barrett returns, we get a worthwile feud with him and Sheamus.

DK Wrestling Savior. I agree with Bearkg here. There really is no one else. And that’s where the WWE fails in so many ways. If they were putting on entertaining segments in their feud, then it probably wouldn’t be so bad. But since Alberto doesn’t exactly bring much to the table, this is what the fans get. Hopefully, Night of Champions will be the last time for these two for a while. However, if Alberto wins, I guess it’s safe to expect Sheamus will get a rematch, so it all comes down to Sheamus winning at NOC. Otherwise, it could go on a bit longer.

5. Weekly Winners and Losers from TNA and WWE.

Bearkg. Well, winner of the week for me is CM Punk. Him retaining at Summerslam, as well as having a good promo on Raw, definitely made me a happy camper. As for TNA, I would say the winner of the week is AJ Styles. With the Claire Lynch angle dead and gone, hopefully he goes on to bigger and better things. As for losers, for WWE I pick Sheamus. Here is why. I am a Sheamus fan. Is he a 5 star match putting on every night wrestler? No. But I find him entertaining, and I think it sucks he is continually stuck in a feud with ADR. As for TNA, I am picking Austin Aries again. The guy doesn't have a #1 contender named for No Surrender, and he didn't have any mic time or a match on this past weeks Impact. Yeah I get he is involved in the Aces and 8's angle, i'm just not happy.

DK Wrestling Savior. I am going to agree with the choice of Punk here. He retained at SummerSlam and chose Cena as his number 1 contender. I don’t like how he’s becoming a whiner and picking on Jerry Lawler, but either way. The loser for me has to be Santino, The cobra having a personality of its own is just stupid. However, I would like to point out WWE as a whole, a loser because of SummerSlam’s disappointment. For TNA, I’m going to say Aces & Eights. They made their mark in an epic ending to Impact. TNA’s loser has got to be the Gut Check contestant Kris Lewie. He did terribly in his match, sold like crap, was fat, slow, and just an overall disgrace in the ring.

6. What's Next for Aces & Eights?

Bearkg. This is a good question. While the angle on Impact was interesting, it didn't have me on the edge of my seat going "OMG THIS IS GREAT FREAKING TV!" I'm nto sure what is next. my guess is one by one the actual members we've seen on a regular basis will start to be revealed. Idk, we will see.

DK Wrestling Savior. Not sure where they’re going with it. But as I listed on Sudden Impact, I think we need to see some more out of them now. The gang beat downs need to evolve. We gotta start seeing some finishers, or anything with a little more substance than gang beat downs. I don’t care if they get revealed right now, but the time has come where they start making a real Impact and giving us some WOW moments.

Okay Everyone. That’s this week’s edition of Break It Down. Let’s hear your thoughts. We’d also like to know what you think we can do to make it better.

On a side note, for any usual reader of Uncooked, for the time being that blog series is on hold. My boss is giving me a permanent schedule where it might coincide with Mondays. If thats the case I won't get to see Raw live, or even watch it till Wed or Thur, Ill know more in a few days. I hope you guys enjoy reading this blog series though from myself and DK!

Submit "Break It Down:SummerSlam, Aces & Eights, and Much More" to Digg Submit "Break It Down:SummerSlam, Aces & Eights, and Much More" to del.icio.us Submit "Break It Down:SummerSlam, Aces & Eights, and Much More" to StumbleUpon Submit "Break It Down:SummerSlam, Aces & Eights, and Much More" to Google

Tags: tna, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Great blog! I really like this series. However, as a suggestion I think it would be better to have Bearkg "Break down" WWE. While I think DK Wrestling Savior you should "Break Down" TNA because you don't watch WWE anymore, and I think that's a bit unfair to critique the current WWE product when you don't currently watch it...

As for Uncooked, I really hope you can continue that series, as I think its the best Raw review out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGuy
    Great blog! I really like this series. However, as a suggestion I think it would be better to have Bearkg "Break down" WWE. While I think DK Wrestling Savior you should "Break Down" TNA because you don't watch WWE anymore, and I think that's a bit unfair to critique the current WWE product when you don't currently watch it...

As for Uncooked, I really hope you can continue that series, as I think its the best Raw review out there!
    That's a very good idea...the only thing is, Bearkg also watches TNA...so it wouldn't be fair to just limit his points to WWE when has an opinion on TNA as well. But maybe I should try and just stick to newsworthy points of WWE, rather then what's happening on the shows.

thanks for the suggestion. He and I will have to discuss that as a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    That's a very good idea...the only thing is, Bearkg also watches TNA...so it wouldn't be fair to just limit his points to WWE when has an opinion on TNA as well. But maybe I should try and just stick to newsworthy points of WWE, rather then what's happening on the shows.

thanks for the suggestion. He and I will have to discuss that as a possibility.

Thanks. However, I see your point about Bearkg watching TNA also... And no offense, but I think that would be better if you stick to the general news of WWE because as I said before you don't currently watch WWE.

Thanks again for considering my suggestion!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.