View RSS Feed

THE_CRIPPLER

Why Is Chris Jericho The Best?

Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average.
I always heard people say things like "Chris Jericho is the best all around wrestler in history" or "Chris Jericho is one of the greatest of all time" Even things like "Chris Jericho is one of the greatest in ring performers in wrestling" then people call him best in the world and so on. People act like Jericho can do no wrong. I just don't see where this Chris Jericho cant do wrong, greatest ever mentality is coming from.

I think Jericho is a great performer and he can be good on the mic. but he is hit and miss in the ring and also on the mic. I love some of Jerichos matches with Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, HHH, HBK and The Rock but Chris Jericho has also dropped the ball on some pretty big matches that I was excited for. Such as HHH at Wrestlemania 18, Randy Orton on his return, Edge Wrestlemania 25, The whole entire feud with CM Punk from a match stand point, Steve Austin at NWO 2002. The list goes on.

Chris Jericho in my opinion has never wrestled a 5 star match in his long career. Without a doubt for me Chris Jericho's best match was Chris Benoit Ladder match at RR for the IC title and that match falls short from 5 stars, so does his Falls count anywhere classic that he and HHH had and his street Fight with HBK clocks in to about 4 1/4 to me.... Chris Jericho was always considered the more charismatic of the Vanilla midgets (Nash coined that phrase for Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Jericho and Dean Malenko) but he was also considered the least of all of them when it came to in ring ability. Chris is a Great performer but he is also hit and miss, Not a guy that can carry people to Great matches and sometimes he can be very sloppy in the ring which he has fixed some what in the last 5 years.

Chris Jericho to me always had trouble switching from a Excellent up and coming mid card act to a main eventer. he was gold in WCW on the mic but that character can only take you so far when it comes to Top level main event. Jericho had alot of trouble switching his character to match the main event level.... Also Jericho's move set has always in my mind kept him from having that top guy main event feel. Before Jerichos return and character tweak in 2007 Jerichos move set consisted of a Drop kick off the top, running Bulldog face plant and his finishing move was called a lionsault which I think is one of the worst looking finishing moves I ever seen, Even if its performed well it isnt a dominate looking finishing move. I mean can you picture Steve Austin, Randy Orton, HHH, CM Punk, The Rock, John Cena, Kane, Undertaker or any of the wrestlers in the main event around Jerichos time getting pinned by the Lionsault? I dont think he should even get a 1 count with that finisher. Now can you picture any of these men submitting to a Boston Crap? me either.... I was happy when Jericho became more serious and added the code breaker in his arsenal. The Code Breaker seemed like a legit finisher opposed to his others.

I think Chris Jericho is a Great performer but to consider him the Greatest or even in the top 5 wouldn't make much sense for me. Chris Jericho isnt on par with a Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle HHH and Steve Austin when it comes the great matches and in ring performance.... Jericho when it comes to mic work is far behind Steve Austin, Mick Foley, The Rock, Rowdy Piper and Randy Savage. Theres more just cant think of them right now.

Chris Jericho is a great wrestler and can do some great things on the mic and in that ring at times but most of the time he is just good or mediocre. but he is not the greatest by any means or close to it.

Submit "Why Is Chris Jericho The Best?" to Digg Submit "Why Is Chris Jericho The Best?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why Is Chris Jericho The Best?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why Is Chris Jericho The Best?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    He is different than other Attitude era stars who are still here. He came back to put people over and have a 1-7 streak at ppvs other than Rock, Taker, Triple H ( he has 3 caracters on wwe 13 REALLY THA FUCK) He is the best because he cares more about wwe than himself he thinks of the future, everytime he could come back he did

He or HBK is the best in the world
    I utter the same thing DK did, what are some matches you consider 5 stars?

In the same boat though, here is the problem. Who is the best, what is the best match, is all subjective. Look at HHH/Taker at this last years mania. Some said it was their best match. Others disagree. Some say Punk is the best in wrestling, some say Jericho, some say HBK. there can never truly be a best because people won't agree on who it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDominate99
    He is different than other Attitude era stars who are still here. He came back to put people over and have a 1-7 streak at ppvs other than Rock, Taker, Triple H ( he has 3 caracters on wwe 13 REALLY THA FUCK) He is the best because he cares more about wwe than himself he thinks of the future, everytime he could come back he did

He or HBK is the best in the world
    I understand where your coming from but I will ask you this. Who did Chris Jericho put over and turned them in to a superstar? who did Jericho job to and give main event crediabilty? in recent years be has jobbed to JTG, Kofi Kingston several times, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, I think MVP, Sheamues, Jeff Hardy and alot of others i cant think of at the moment. but really what impact has that had on any of these mens careers? Punk is not any more over, it was John Cena Jobbing that made Punk in to a star Jericho didnt give him much crediabilty. Ziggler s win over Jericho didnt do much for him really i dont see him in a differnt light. all the Mid carders such as Kofi, MVP and lower mid carders like JTG got nothing off of Jerichos loss.

say what you want but HHH help make Jeff Hardy and Batista in to mega stars, HHH help give Cena, Chris Benoit abd alot of other guys some Credabilty by jobbing to them....being in a storyline with the Undertaker makes people in to stars, Look what Undertaker did to help Foley, Kane is a star cause of the Undertaker.... Rock and Foley made so many men in to main event superstars. they help give so many guys credabilty that desperatly needed it.

so yes Jericho jobs more and i commend him for jobbing so much and still being at the top of the card but the guys you mentioned above made way more people.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER
    I understand where your coming from but I will ask you this. Who did Chris Jericho put over and turned them in to a superstar? who did Jericho job to and give main event crediabilty? in recent years be has jobbed to JTG, Kofi Kingston several times, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, I think MVP, Sheamues, Jeff Hardy and alot of others i cant think of at the moment. but really what impact has that had on any of these mens careers? Punk is not any more over, it was John Cena Jobbing that made Punk in to a star Jericho didnt give him much crediabilty. Ziggler s win over Jericho didnt do much for him really i dont see him in a differnt light. all the Mid carders such as Kofi, MVP and lower mid carders like JTG got nothing off of Jerichos loss.

say what you want but HHH help make Jeff Hardy and Batista in to mega stars, HHH help give Cena, Chris Benoit abd alot of other guys some Credabilty by jobbing to them....being in a storyline with the Undertaker makes people in to stars, Look what Undertaker did to help Foley, Kane is a star cause of the Undertaker.... Rock and Foley made so many men in to main event superstars. they help give so many guys credabilty that desperatly needed it.

so yes Jericho jobs more and i commend him for jobbing so much and still being at the top of the card but the guys you mentioned above made way more people.
    What about putting John Cena over in 2005 ? Cena was the one that got him "fired" remember. And if I am not mistaking, Cena only held the championship the one time up until then. So he was'nt exactly top dog then, and Jericho did the job for him
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerichoholic_92
    What about putting John Cena over in 2005 ? Cena was the one that got him "fired" remember. And if I am not mistaking, Cena only held the championship the one time up until then. So he was'nt exactly top dog then, and Jericho did the job for him
    Lets be serious that match did nothing for Cenas career, The match that gave him crediabilty was when he beat HHH at Wrestlemania and made him tap out.... The only time Jericho jobbing to Cena did anything for his career was when Cena had his first PPV match (before he was rapper, Thug, Marine wanna be Cena), Jericho gave Cena the win which made Cena look like a decent mid card act but in reality lasting with Kurt Angle for 5 mins on SmackDown in a losing Effort did much more for Cena than Jericho jobbing to him.

I think that Summerslam and Raw match did more for Jericho cause it put him back in the main event and before his Cena feud he was solidly in the mid card.
    I think Jericho is a great talent, So please dont think that im just a guy that hates Chris Jericho I'm a huge fan of his. I love his books, I love some of the matches he has been in, I love some of the fueds he has been in and I think Jericho is a level headed guy but I'm just wondering where this IWC Jericho is the best ever thing is coming from.

If you look at Jerichos debut, Besides the awesome booking, The timing, The lights and the pryo and you just look at Jerichos promo it was pretty poor, It was actually pretty bad, The crowd went nuts for Jericho but once he start talking they were dead, Thank God the Rock saved it.... What im trying to say, Jericho is a great talent but not the best or in the top 5 even.

as for putting people over, How can someone get the rub from another wrestler if he is always jobbing? if he jobs to Kofi, JTG, CM Punk, Randy Orton and Sheamuse then how can him losing give Dolph Ziggler that main event rub.... You have to build your self up and then job to make someone look good or give them the rub....... How would it look if The Rock Jobbed to R Trtuh, The Miz, Kane, HHH and CM Punk in 1 calender year and then lose to John Cena at Wrestlemania? Would that look like a great pass the torch moment or a big victory for Cena? noo it loses so much of its prestidge.
    Updated 08-26-2012 at 05:26 PM by THE_CRIPPLER
    Other than Austin (who actually wasn't all that great in the ring) nobody is on both your lists of in ring performers and mic workers. They seem to be one or the other. But Jericho could be on both.

Like you mentioned at the beginning, all-rounded wrestler. There aren't many that can claim that.
    Well ill just give for right now in WWE. Daniel Bryan and CM Punk are better all around talent right now than Jericho.

I'm not a huge CM Punk fan at the moment and his face promos have been crap but his heel promos have been fantastic and his matches have been top notch and Bryan despite Horrible booking has been excellent.... I cant name of all times better all around talent but to much trouble.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.