View RSS Feed

Bart27

WWE - What Should Happen Next .....

Rate this Entry
To say I've become a little disillusioned with WWE recently is an understatement.

• I love CM Punk, and the fact that he's been given a good long run as champion.
  • I love the fact that you've used Brock Lesnar sparingly and given him an impact everytime he turns up to Raw.
  • I love the fact that Paul Heyman is back.
  • I love the fact that people like Dolph Ziggler, Alberto del Rio and Sheamus are being given bigger pushes.

• What I don't like is Raw at 3 hours long. How do you distinguish between ppv's and a regular Monday night?
  • I still don't like John Cena's superman act.
  • I don't like the fact they still have a brand split with no discernable talent which makes any draft, split of belts etc a pointless exercise.
  • I'm not enjoying the quality of the ppv's.
  • I'm getting exasberated with the fact that its been 10-15 years since there was a recognised pool of tag teams.

With that off my chest it got me thinking that with a poor Summerslam now out the way, and another 3 hour Raw caught up on (hey it's played at 1am over here in the UK) what could the WWE do to really elevate themselves all the way up to Mania?

Well I have a number of things but my main points are this:

1. Leave Brock off the TV until the Rumble. Make him enter the Rumble at number 1 and get him to last to the end and win it. He is huge, and he already has the credibility to achieve something like this. The twist being is that he turns his back on the opportunity of a championship match at Mania and chooses to end the streak. We all know Taker won't lose but by saving Lesnar's agreed appearances for Rumble and onwards there can be some big build up between him and Taker all the way up to Mania. It will be Taker's finest victory in keeping the Streak going and will be a brilliant send off for Taker, and for Lesnar who I can only assume will walk away from WWE after this contract ends?
  2. CM Punk retains the title until the Rumble and then drops the belt to the Rock. The big re-match is set-up for Mania by Punk winning the Elimination Chamber. Punk misses out by winning with a DQ, and given the opportunity to win the belt back at the next ppv. It gives Rock a short lived run as champion, the opportunity to win one more Mania match and to leave gracefully with Punk rulling the roost following his big win at the next ppv.
  3. Cena turns heel. I used to like Cena but he grates on me. His promo's, his goofy outfits, his superman impressions are all getting tiring. Let him lose to Punk at Night of Champions. Let him lose the Rumble. Let him lose at Elimination Chamber and each time getting more bitter and getting more snidey in the ring (losing out each time in the big matches) and getting more creative on the mike with his promos. It comes to a head at Mania when HHH (who can stay off the TV until then as part of his self imposed exile) comes out for one more match to stop this "cancer" spreading through the WWE and to teach Cena a lesson. One more loss for Cena at Mania, and a short lived heel turn but a handshake at the end of the match a future title run in the future set-up with hopefully a little bit more respect from everyone and a better response from the entrie crowd, not just those 11 and under. It also gives HHH a proper send off for his retirement.
  4. Bring back the tag team division. The one thing TNA got righht in the early days was their tag team division. WWE have got nothing. A gawdy pair of belts and poor roster of tag teams. Use the younger talent to come in and bring some high flying tag teams in with some fresh idea's and use some of the mid carders who are more experienced to add some credibility to it all. To get full effect they really do need to retire the belts for a while and bring back one of the PPV's dedicated soley to finding new Tag team champs.
  5. Scrap the brand split. Let story lines develop for a little longer, maybe even go as far as to only have 3 belts, a unified champion, intercontinental and tag team belts so there can be bigger pools of competition.

A little longer than planned but let me know what you think!

Submit "WWE - What Should Happen Next ....." to Digg Submit "WWE - What Should Happen Next ....." to del.icio.us Submit "WWE - What Should Happen Next ....." to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE - What Should Happen Next ....." to Google

Updated 08-23-2012 at 10:28 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Unfortunately, Cena will not turn heel any time soon. The WWE wouldn't have had the balls to turn Hogan heel like WCW did. They see Cena as their modern day Hogan. He sells a ton of merchandise to kiddos and is the #1 Make A Wish guy in the world. I've been wanting Cena to turn heel for at least 5 years now. IMO, he's right there with Randy Orton when it comes to stale and in desperate need of a character overhaul.
    1. Leave Brock off the TV until the Rumble. That's the plan, keep Brock off TV for now. Although this is because of talks about having a rematch with HHH. That rematch could lead up to Brock vs Taker at WM29 if HHH does not accept the rematch.

2. CM Punk retains the title until the Rumble and then drops the belt to the Rock. I can see this happening. I see whoever the champ is heading into WM29 droping the belt to Cena. There has been talks of WWE giving the belt to Cena yet again.

3. Cena turns heel. This would never happen, the reason I believe it will never happen is because to many fans want it to happen and WWE knows this. Fans who love Cena tune in to watch and hope he wins. Fans who don't like Cena tune in to watch and hope he loses. So it's a money maker keeping Cena face.

4. Bring back the tag team division. I agree with everything you said about this.

5. Scrap the brand split. Another thing I agree with.
    1. Stupid and Pointless
    2. Idiotic and There's a Better Chance of me hitting the Powerball
    3. If it hasn't happened yet, it'll never happen
    4. Spoken like a true brainwashed WWE mark, TNA has got a hell of a lot more than one thing going right these days.
    5. Who cares, it doesn't matter. The roster is too crowded anyway. Need to split it up with the two shows and it doesn't hurt anything
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    1. Stupid and Pointless
    2. Idiotic and There's a Better Chance of me hitting the Powerball
    3. If it hasn't happened yet, it'll never happen
    4. Spoken like a true brainwashed WWE mark, TNA has got a hell of a lot more than one thing going right these days.
    5. Who cares, it doesn't matter. The roster is too crowded anyway. Need to split it up with the two shows and it doesn't hurt anything
    What else does TNA have going for them?
    I don't have a problem with Cena like everyone else does but it really would jave made more sense for him to beat the rock and lose to brock.

I want to see Brock in an actual interesting rivalry with someone new. Cena vs Brock was already done. Brock has been gone for 8 years it would have been cool to put him up against some of the talent that has arrived or risen in his abscence. Put him @ Survivor series.

Punk being champion meant nothing. He is still not a main eventer yet even with Cena in his matches. They have to keep putting him against smaller guys who can wrestle good like Jericho, Bryan, and Ziggler to make him look better and they turned him heel again because his fickle fans got bored with him being a Cena mini me. I would have loved for Bryan to have won the title a while ago. I would still want Punk to have the title until rumble.

I would love to have Cena as a heel but I love the message of Cena's character. It is true strength irl to go out and continue to do your job and things the right way no matter how much hate people have or how much time elpases. I really wisj Nash's NWO suggestion could happen. The last NWO didn't work because of Hogan's egotistical need to relive the 80s combined with the unreliability of Hall and Waltman. HHH could have saved the angle I just think he had no interest in doing so.

I never liked the brand extension in the first place. I would have strongly prefered a WCW owned by WWE in operation but ECW going out of business @ the same time as WWE not being able to get enough WCW talent @ the time ruined that 10 years ago.

I love great real tag teams like the road warriors steiners harlem heat hart foundation etc. WWE is capable of having great tag teams as they are @ having good divas and cruiserweights. Those don't matter to current WWE. As soon as the Dudley Boyz left I gave up on the tag team division. Consider yourself lucky to get 3 good tag teams with real chemistry @ any given point in time
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Socal_Guy
    What else does TNA have going for them?
    Was gonna let DK answer this, but decided to have a crack at it first. Number one, TNA has better match quality top to bottom on its shows. Second, they have a viable tag team and knockouts division(tag teams a lil weak, but Kaz and Daniels are better than what WWE has to offer). And last, TNA honestly has better storylines.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.