View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

My Projected Night of Champions card

Rate this Entry
200px-WWE_Night_Of_Champion_Official_Poster.jpg

With the silver anniversary of SummerSlam now in the books, the next WWE pay-per-view Night of Champions will be taking place at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts on Sunday, September 16th.

And so without further delay, here is my projected Night of Champions card.

ZACK RYDER VS. CODY RHODES (YOUTUBE MATCH)

I expect Cody Rhodes to once again find himself without any direction whatsoever now that I expect Sin Cara to move on (more on that later). Rhodes will no doubt be relegated to appearing on WWE Superstars
for much of this period but a feud with Zach Ryder is a huge possibility.

CHRISTIAN VS. ANTONIO CESARO (UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP)
I expect Santino Marella to get his rematch this week on either RAW or SmackDown, only to lose again. Which brings me to Cesaro's next likely challenger. I like Christian. Recently, Christian has fallen to the wayside and a veteran Superstar like Christian can give Cesaro more seasoning.

SIN CARA VS. THE MIZ (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP)
I expect Sin Cara to end his brief feud with Cody Rhodes as I expect him to be the Miz' next opponent for the IC title.

KOFI KINGSTON & R-TRUTH VS. CURT HAWKINS & TYLER REKS (WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS)
Now that R-Boom has defeated the Primetime Players to retain the WWE Tag Team titles at SummerSlam, the time is right for a new team to challenge R-Boom. My choice is Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks, a team that has been featured on WWE NXT in recent months.

LAYLA VS. VICKIE GUERRERO (DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP)
The Divas division has hit rock bottom, partly due to Triple H not very high on women's wrestling and there has been talk about retiring the Divas title. Which brings me to Layla's next challenger: the likes of Beth Phoenix, Natalya, and Eve Torres have so far failed to get the job done. My suggestion: why not Vickie Guerrero? Unlike most of the heel Divas, Guerrero is one of the top heels who gets plenty of heat from the WWE Universe. Maybe a Layla-Guerrero feud is just what the doctor ordered.

DANIEL BRYAN VS. KANE
After what had transpired last night at SummerSlam, Kane vowed to get revenge on Bryan after losing to the American Dragon. Will the Big Red Monster get another opportunity at Night of Champions?

RANDY ORTON VS. BIG SHOW VS. REY MYSTERIO VS. WADE BARRETT (FATAL 4 WAY MATCH FOR A WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH AT HELL IN A CELL)

There is absolutely no way that these four men get left off the Night of Champions card and so, why not a Fatal 4 Way match for a future World Heavyweight Championship match at the Hell in a Cell PPV?

SHEAMUS VS. ALBERTO DEL RIO (I QUIT MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP)
Following a very controversial finish at SummerSlam last night, expect Sheamus and Del Rio to go at it again. Only this time, expect this match to be an "I Quit" match.

CM PUNK VS. JOHN CENA (NO DQ MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Expect CM Punk to finally get an opportunity to main event a PPV as he looks to retain the WWE title against Cena at Cena's hometown.

Submit "My Projected Night of Champions card" to Digg Submit "My Projected Night of Champions card" to del.icio.us Submit "My Projected Night of Champions card" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Projected Night of Champions card" to Google

Comments

Well, what did you think about my Night of Champions ​predictions and what are yours?
    Good blog but no mention of what Ziggler's role in the PPV will be. I could see ADR winning the WHC off of Sheamus with the assistance of Ricardo Rodriguez only to immediately lose the strap moments later when Dolph cashes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by weems
    Good blog but no mention of what Ziggler's role in the PPV will be. I could see ADR winning the WHC off of Sheamus with the assistance of Ricardo Rodriguez only to immediately lose the strap moments later when Dolph cashes in.
    Well, Ziggler could be by Vickie's side during the Divas match. We shall see.
    You really don't think this will happen do you? I can't see Christain going from the Intercontential Championship to a program with the U.S Championship just like that. And Layla vs Vickie? No way do I ever want to see Vickie in a match. No offense but the only match I can see happening is Kane vs Daniel. I think Sheamus will face Del Rio and Punk will face Cena but without the "No DQ and I quit" added on to them.
    sorry bro alot of that makes no sense. Cant tell if you are trying to guess the card are making a dream card o.O
    My picks:

US Match: Antonio Cesaro (c) vs Tyson Kidd (only mid-carder that is relevant to the WWE right now and is not in a tag-team)

Intercontinental Match: The Miz (c) Vs Rey Mysterio

Tag Team Match: Fatal Four Way Tag Team match between; PTP vs Truth and Kingston vs Primo and Epico vs Reks and Hawkins.

Divas: Layla Vs Kaitlin (a heel turn maybe?)

WHC match: Sheamus Vs ADR Vs Randy Orton (Falls Count Anywhere) (DZ will cash in succesfully)

WWE Match: CM Punk vs John Cena (No Holds Barred)

Other Matches:
    Ryback Vs Jinder Mahal
    Cody Rhodes Vs Sin Cara
    Kane Vs Daniel Bryan

Where to put Big Show and Wade Barrett I don't know...
    Night of Champions
    CM Punk vs John Cena WWE Championship
    Antonio Cesaro vs Santino Marella United States Championship
    Cody Rhodes vs Sin Cara
    Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus World Heavyweight Championship(MITB cash in)
    Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton Triple threat Match World Heavyweight Championship
    Ryback vs Jinder Mahal
    Kane vs Daniel Bryan No DQ Match
    Layla vs Kaitlyn Divas Championship
    Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs The Primetime Players WWE Tag Team Championships
    The Miz vs Zack Ryder Intercontinental Championship
    Pre Show:Brodus Clay vs Damien Sandow

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.