View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

WWE RAW 8/27 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Attachment 2996

Apologies for missing the previous ratings breakdown but I promise I will try to get these out to you more. But enough of that, you want NUMBERS and OPINIONS. So here it is. Enjoy.

The August 27th WWE RAW did a 3.1 rating with 4.48 million viewers.

No ratings for the opening segment involving CM Punk and Jerry The King Lawler. Personally, I enjoyed CM Punk ripping Jerry The Buffoon Lawler apart on the microphone. He pretty much told the truth when he said "it is sad seeing what the man he has become" because I've felt that way for a while now. Also, concerning his statements about King never beating anyone important, that was obviously a heel comment. Andre The Giant and Mr. Perfect are important names to beat, which was part of the point. It was simply a statement used for heel heat. This set up the main event match of the evening. Lovely.

Ryback vs. Jack Swagger and Layla vs. Natalya lost 160,000 viewers from the opener.
Typical Ryback match against Jack Swagger. Not much to take home. Natalya and Layla, however, was pretty damn decent. Sadly, it got overshadowed by Vickie and her announcement.

The segment with Vickie Guerrero and AJ Lee in the ring gained 439,000 viewers. Like her or not, AJ Lee has proven on many occasions that when she is on, people will watch her. This segment was no different. Vickie coming out, demanding AJ step down, and calling her a "mentally deranged child" was interesting, especially when AJ came out herself and tackled her to the mat. I like this. It is a harmless storyline that will hold us over for the time being. As a matter of fact, this storyline has spread into Smackdown if I'm not mistaken. Why not? Let's see where it goes.

The Miz vs. John Cena gained 525,000 viewers in the segment that ran through the 9pm time slot. The time people usually tune in to watch RAW. Cena is always going to draw, and draw big numbers, no matter what we think of him. Lucky for him, his drawing power has nothing to do with match quality because this match was, at best, average. Miz carried the match and lost to Cena in ten seconds. Wonderful.

Santino Marella vs. Heath Slater lost 124,000 viewers while Brodus Clay and Sin Cara vs. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes with the final anger management segment featuring Kane and Daniel Bryan lost 214,000 viewers. Santino and Brodus Clay continuing to lose viewers. If this continues, you know management will do something about this. Speaking of "management" the last segment of the anger management classes was gold. Kane's monologue in my honest opinion was the BEST part of RAW this week. He managed to tie in every single weird, awkward, and crazy moment WWE has put him through and turn it into an awesome promo. Every where I look, people are posting the monologue up. Facebook. Twitter. Hell, even here on EWN. So I really can't blame the ratings lost on the anger management segments.

R-Truth vs. Daniel Bryan gained 232,000 viewers. Daniel Bryan continues to impress in ratings, not to mention as a character on WWE TV period. One of the hottest things going for the company. I'm alright with how he lost to R-Truth in this match. It made sense storyline wise, cause it ties into his anger management. Good work.

The high point of the show was the Triple H retirement segment. It gained 257,000 viewers and did a 3.51 quarter rating.
Ugh. This whole thing about Triple H retiring is ridiculous to me. We know damn well this guy isn't going anywhere. Any hopes of convincing the audience he is leaving died when he announced he would be taking over WWE after Vince McMahon stepped down. What aggravates me the most is the fact that this is all leading to a rematch between HHH and Brock Lesnar, either at HIAC, SS, or Wrestlemania 29. If you have to fake a retirement to make us care about a rematch, that's a good indication you shouldn't have a rematch to begin with.

Regardless of my opinions, the segment did good in the ratings.

Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler lost 576,000 viewers. OUCH! That's how a million viewers lost on RAW. Well, can you blame them? Look at this match. You already know who was going to win and guess what, they did win. WWE has taken the interest out of Sheamus because not only is his character stale and boring, but every person he faces he beats and he does it with no problem at all. No human investment into Sheamus.

Zack Ryder vs. David Otunga lost 131,000 viewers.
Not really a match you want to see, but it still does not say good things about Long Island Ice Z.

CM Punk vs. Jerry Lawler in a steel cage main event gained 479,000 viewers for a 3.35 overrun rating.
Well it looks like most of the viewers who left from the last two segments returned to at least see the main event. Nice gain and nice overrun rating. CM Punk destroying Lawler was a highlight to me. It had an old-school feel to it and the blood REALLY helped. I'm not going to overanalyze how the blood got there, whether it was bladed or done the hard way, it helped the match and the end of it. Cena runs out to save Lawler and we end with a bloody CM Punk walking up the ramp. An edgy ending to RAW this week.

So there you have it. RAW did pretty well this week in ratings. Tune in next week to see how well they do. In the meantime, check out the video of the week:

Thank you for watching.

Submit "WWE RAW 8/27 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Digg Submit "WWE RAW 8/27 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE RAW 8/27 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE RAW 8/27 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Google

Comments

Yes, now I know the ratings of Monday Night Raw. I hope you keep this up dude, good job.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.