View RSS Feed

Ace Lancaster

The Bottom Line: Raw Firing, SummerSlam, More

Rate this Entry
Hello wrestling fans. I’m Ace Lancaster and welcome to the first edition of hopefully a weekly blog about RAW, Smackdown, and the WWE known as The Bottom Line. This blog will have both reviews and opinions on Raw and Smackdown as well concerns about certain storylines and wrestlers. I will also include opinions on hot topics within the industry such as the firing of AW and the unhappiness of nearly half of the roster.

Topic 1: The firing of AW

To be honest when he first made the reference about the Kobe Bryant scandal I didn’t even catch it. It was only the next day I heard about it on ewrestlingnews. I don’t even think most people got the reference but those that did catch it and made a big deal about it caused WWE to make a move. The move could’ve been a suspension kind of like what Jericho got for taking it a bit too far in Brazil. Then again Y2J has seniority and he makes the company a lot of money. AW was relatively new to WWE so it was a much easier decision to make his punishment more severe. Obviously it’s not the Attitude Era anymore but then again look at the Rock and Cena’s feud leading up to WM this year. We heard ass, bitch, innuendo about genitals, and the Rock’s tribute song to Cena. One can make an argument in both cases that it crossed the line but The Bottom Line is that it’s the well-known, all powerful, money making, trail blazing, pie eating, eyebrow raising, Smackdown laying son of a gun The Rock vs. the unknown, hope to be making millions of dollars AW. The firing has other ramifications as well. Now the Prime Time Players are left without a manager which is cause for concern because neither of them are the best on the mic. Maybe they’ll give PTP a new manager but only time will tell.

All of the Twitter rants that AW has gone on are not helping his case with the company however, he’s bringing up some valid points that WWE needs to address. The major issue that WWE needs to take care of immediately is pleasing their mid-carders because there could be a huge social media backlash for the company. I’m curious to see how this will be handled today during the big meeting before Raw.

Topic 2: Buildup for Summer Slam

So far the matches I’ve seen listed for Summer Slam are not that impressive. The match I’m most looking forward to is the HHH vs. Lesnar. It’s going to be interesting to see where they take this feud tonight especially with Shawn Michaels now in the mix. Someone posted or commented in another blog that Shawn turning on HHH would be a surprising possibility and I’m all for that. The WWE needs to keep the shocks coming and the HBK turn would accomplish this. I think the Triple Threat match for the WWE title is uninteresting. It makes sense to keep the title on Punk and I for one would like to see Punk keep the title until the Royal Rumble. I’m not sure what to make of the Kane vs. Bryan match because it just seems like old territory that was already covered this year. I don’t know about anyone else but I’m sick of the Sheamus vs. ADR feud. It gets old fast and I think it’s because these two just don’t work well together. I would much rather see an ADR vs. Bryan feud. And my hope is that if ADR wins that Bryan is his next opponent. I think these two could have a fantastic feud. I’m expecting tonight we’ll have an announcement that we get Sandow vs. Clay at the PPV. This is necessary because it will boost up Sandow big time, hopefully to the U.S. title. Clay will get “injured”, take some time off and come back better than ever. The most anticipated match for me is Ziggler vs. Y2J. I’m enjoying the buildup and I think this match could be the launching ground for how good Zigs really is. He’s getting better every time we see him and I’m hoping they give him the win. Honestly I think Y2J has been brought back to help boost up other stars like Sheamus, Punk, and now Zigs. This match has match of the night written all over it. Also, it will be interesting to see if Zigs cashes in or holds off. I am waiting to see what’s going to happen with the WHC tonight because I have no idea. I’m hoping they just don’t put the same match back on again. For some reason I think there’s an outside chance Orton will get put into the match. The last thing I want to touch on are the Tag titles. I really want to see a Triple Threat match. In fact this could be the theme of Summer Slam with CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Bigshow and Sheamus vs. ADR vs. Orton?? It would definitely be interesting.

I will probably be posting another blog right before Summer Slam along with my predictions and some possibilities after Raw and Smackdown. As of right now here’s what I have.

CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Bigshow: Winner CM Punk
Daniel Bryan vs. Kane: Winner Daniel Bryan
Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler: Winner Dolph Ziggler
HHH vs. Brock Lesnar: Winner Brock Lesnar
Damien Sandow vs. Brodus Clay: Winner Damien Sandow

Thanks for reading. Please leave your comments below.

Submit "The Bottom Line: Raw Firing, SummerSlam, More" to Digg Submit "The Bottom Line: Raw Firing, SummerSlam, More" to del.icio.us Submit "The Bottom Line: Raw Firing, SummerSlam, More" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Bottom Line: Raw Firing, SummerSlam, More" to Google

Updated 08-13-2012 at 08:25 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

So with punk being a heel in the storyline with cena you basically have all heels winning at summer slam don't think that will happen but pretty good blog otherwise
    @y2jray: Thanks for the comment! And yes I do think most of the heels will win. Here is my updated prediction.

WWE Championship: Punk vs. Cena vs. Show - Winner Punk
    WHC Sheamus vs. ADR - Winner Sheamus
    HHH vs. Lesnar - Winner Lesnar
    Y2J vs. Ziggler - Winner Ziggler
    Kane vs. Daniel Bryan - Winner Daniel Bryan
    Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. The Primetime Players - Winner PTP
    The Miz vs. Mysterio - Winner Miz
    Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro - Winner Cesaro

I do think most of the heels wiil win. Sheamus will most likely retain. However, if ADR wins I think Ziggler will cash in MITB.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.