View RSS Feed

Delirious

The Way I See It - Hardcore Justice

Rate this Entry
I posted my first blog a couple of weeks ago following Chavo Guerrero's debut in TNA Wrestling. It was mostly a rant because I felt the way they hyped him was wasted by his debut feud. However, quite a few good points were made from the comments left on the blog, so I'm not as upset anymore.

Moving on, I've decided to start a blog series. I don't know how consistently I'm going to write, but I'm sure it'll be a couple of times a month at least. I'm mostly going to share my opinions on various topics in wrestling, hence the name "The Way I See It." With that being said, let's move on, shall we?

---

I want to talk about Hardcore Justice. This event is going to play a big, big role in shaping the road to Bound for Glory as far as I'm concerned. The event features three amazing four-way matches in the Bound for Glory Series. I don't know who's going to win these matches, but I will say this: there's another month left of the Series. It would be foolish for TNA to allow anyone to run away with it. The BFG Series is entertaining and the matches it has produced (Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles - am I right or am I right?) have been amazing. To keep the interest, TNA has to make sure it remains competitive. Besides, if they continue on the same path as they did last year, the finals will be held at No Surrender. Again, over a month away, keep it close!

With that being said, here's who I think has to win the matches: Kurt Angle needs to win the ladder match, while Bully Ray needs to win the tables match. And lastly, either Mr. Anderson or RVD needs to win the Falls Count Anywhere match. I say either one of them can win because neither man is going to be in the main-event at BFG, so it's ultimately irrelevant. But here's what the points would look like following those matches:

Kurt Angle - 68 points
James Storm - 66 points
Samoa Joe - 54 points
Mr. Anderson - 60 points (if he wins)
RVD - 55 points (if he wins)
Bully Ray - 48 points

It's competitive! With a month remaining in the series, they can have any of those guys pull out the victory. With the points being so close, it keeps everyone intrigued and instead of thinking: "oh, James Storm is going to win. Why bother watching?" It adds a surprise element to it. With a month left to go, Kurt Angle takes over the points lead! It allows TNA to go in whichever direction they want to.

And this transitions into my next point: the main event match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode. First of all, I am a HUGE Roode fan and I think, other than Bully Ray, he's one of the best heels in professional wrestling. I'm not sure who's going to win this match. But I want it to be Austin Aries and here's why:

TNA badly wants to have Bobby Roode vs. James Storm at Bound for Glory. On that point, they want to give the championship to Storm. If Roode wins the title from Aries, he's only going to hold it for two months before dropping it to Storm. I don't think there would be any doubt in anyone's mind that Storm wouldn't win that match if they faced each other for the championship. Thus, TNA should keep it on Austin Aries.

They can do the Roode/Storm match at BFG as a non-title bout. And as for the title match? Man, that's where the fun starts. Can you imagine a match between Austin Aries and Kurt Angle for the title? I think those two could tear the roof off the arena in Phoenix.

Personally, I think that's the direction they need to go in. If Aries loses, that's a one month title reign for him followed by a two month title reign by Roode (since he'd lose it to Storm). That's a step back on the prestige that Roode built by holding the title for eight plus months. Keep it on Aries, let him and Angle tear the building down at BFG and build to a Storm vs. Roode match, perhaps Roode can cost Storm in the BFG Series or something along those lines.

But hey, anything can happen. TNA has been on fire. This is just some rambling from me about what I would like to see at Bound for Glory. I could be incredibly wrong, but I am right about one thing: TNA needs to keep the BFG Series close or it's over before they wanted it to be.

Hope you guys liked it. As I was writing it, I realized I didn't have much of a point in this blog. But that's my style, I guess -- I like to ramble.

Submit "The Way I See It - Hardcore Justice" to Digg Submit "The Way I See It - Hardcore Justice" to del.icio.us Submit "The Way I See It - Hardcore Justice" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Way I See It - Hardcore Justice" to Google

Updated 08-12-2012 at 02:11 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For ppl like me who have not seen ROH, Austin Aeries is a new guy..n it is so interesting for me to see what he can do with every one..be it Joe (already seen how gr8 they cna be in the ring), Roode (seen again), Aj, Kurt, Storm, Daniels, Hardy, RVD n every other guy on TNA who's main event material..

that's where TNA did a gr8 job in putting the title on Aeries....

Every match n every opponent he faces will have many expectations...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.