View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Break it Down: A New Blog Series Debut

Rate this Entry
Happy Weekend Everybody. DK Wrestling Savior, along with Bearkg88, here bringing you a new weekly blog with a new format. It’s called Break It Down. We’ll be talking current happenings in the world of WWE and TNA, along with other opinions and points of view.

This is our Maiden Voyage for this new blog format. I’m sure there’s going to be some reworking and tweaking involved as we get this new and exciting blog going. And we welcome all input from everyone. Also, this is going to be an open forum type. So, we are excited to read everyone’s else’s take on the chosen topics, as well as topic ideas you’d like to see in future blogs.

So, there’s really only one thing left to say…Are you ready?

We Said…ARE…….YOU…….READY!!!

BREAK IT DOWN!!!

1. What Will/Should WWE Do With The Saturday Morning Show?

Bearkg88: I see the Saturday morning show, having only 1 match, and being more of a highlight show. Think of AM Raw, but this will cover stuff from SD, Raw, Superstars, and maybe even NXT. I see this as a way of getting little kids who might not watch wrestling, hooked on it, and creating a whole other generation of fans.

DK Wrestling Savior: I’m not exactly sure what to make of this new Saturday morning show. I have to agree with bearkg on this one. It’ll probably be geared toward kids. I think it’ll be full of social media hype, product promotion, and highlights and rehashing of what’s happening. I highly doubt they’re creating this Saturday show to actually have another show out there. That doesn’t mean they won’t showcase some younger talent or up and comers.

2. What Curveball Would You Throw In The Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania Plans?

Bearkg88: I would have The Undertaker win the Royal Rumble as a surprise entrant. Think the Rock's return, combined with Lesnar's return, and you get Taker coming back at the Rumble to win. I'd then have Taker go on to face either Rock, Brock, or Cena at WM for the WWE Championship, to win, and then retire, giving us a tournament for the championship. It gives Taker an amazing way to go out

DK Wrestling Savior: If I were to throw a curveball into the mix of what is seemingly planned for the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania, I would have Big Show win the title at SummerSlam. To me, that would bring a whole hell of a lot of uncertainty to things. There’s tons of time between SummerSlam and Royal Rumble, to make whatever changes are needed, and build things to go whatever direction you want. I would also have Cena lose the Royal Rumble match at the end as one of the final 2.

3. Will the Dudleys leave TNA?

Bearkg88: That is a tough one. the Dudleys are so well known, that if they left, they could work for ROH, or in Japan, or back to the WWE. They could go anywhere. Will they leave TNA though, I don't think so. I see them signing for another year or two, then possibly leaving.

DK Wrestling Savior: In three simple words, I Hope Not. Not now anyway. In fact, I’m going to say that they will resolve this contract situation because they’re both in a great spot right now. I also think that if TNA was in fear of them leaving, they would minimize their build and their TV Exposure. That seems to be the theme when TNA talents leave. They disappear first.

4. Is It Time To Give Up Hope For The Divas

Bearkg88: Yes. I recently wrote in a blog that I think the diva's division should be dismantled. They should take the diva's who can't wrestle well, retrain them, and then take the diva's who can wrestle and have them hone their craft. Then I'd bring like 10 diva's up to the main roster to challenge for the vacant title.

DK Wrestling Savior: I don’t want to sound sexist or anything like that, but honestly, if there were no more Divas’ matches, I probably wouldn’t miss them. I enjoyed Bra and Panties matches and Lingerie Pillow Fights, but since those days are long gone, and they have no talent, I wouldn’t miss them at all. So yes, the time has come to just disband the Divas and find other things, besides wrestling, for them to do, like promo work, appearances, etc.

5. Predict Next Week's Raw's Major Angle

Bearkg88: Well I would go with Lesnar assaulting Shawn Michaels in his home. I could see Lesnar assaulting Shawn, and his wife, maybe even having Paul taunt Shawn's kids, bringing in Shawn's family similar to how HHH's was, making this feud 10x more personal.

DK Wrestling Savior: I agree with you that it will probably be Lesnar assaulting HBK and all. I’ll even agree with it being at HBK’s house. Either that, or a video showing Brock at HBK’s house while HBK is at Raw. Something along those lines. And it is a shame, because that’s already been done, and to me, again, wouldn’t be a Major Angle. A Major Angle would be HBK laying out HHH with the Sweet Chin Music, and siding with Lesnar. That’s what I would call shocking.

6. TNA and WWE Star of the week?

Bearkg88: For TNA, i can't pick just one. So it is going to be a joint pick. Aj Styles/Kurt Angle. For those who don't know why, take the time to watch their match from Impact. This was imo a 5 star match, with great in ring work. These two proved why they are the top of their game. As for WWE, it's D-Bry. the dude is good in the ring, and gold on the mic. The last two weeks, he has become my favorite person to watch.

DK Wrestling Savior: It wouldn’t be fair of me to pick a WWE star, since I don’t watch anymore. I’ve only seen bits and pieces, here and there, in passing. So I’ll just take a stab and say, Chris Jericho. He did cost Ziggler a match, after all. For TNA, I agree with Bearkg88 in that Angle and Styles shined on Thursday. But, to keep things different, I’m going to also throw in Bully Ray. His opening segment with James Storm was nothing short of fantastic, and then he gets the clean win over Storm in the main event. He continues to be top heel material, and I see a World Title down the line, probably after BFG.
Well everybody, that does it for the inaugural Break It Down blog. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this blog and ideas on how to improve it. Also, this isn’t a blog competition series, so we’re not looking for votes.

Thanks for reading and be safe.

Submit "Break it Down: A New Blog Series Debut" to Digg Submit "Break it Down: A New Blog Series Debut" to del.icio.us Submit "Break it Down: A New Blog Series Debut" to StumbleUpon Submit "Break it Down: A New Blog Series Debut" to Google

Updated 08-11-2012 at 10:06 AM by DK Wrestling Savior

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good concept for a blog here... IMO the Dudleys will be leaving soon. They might sign a years extension but that'll probably be it cos they're earning time is running low. I think maybe Bubba gets a full time contract in New York and Devon gets a legends/limited appearances contract so he can put some more time in at the Academy and with his family. I know they want the Dudley Boyz in the HOF and if they go in at the same time as Cactus we could have an ECW themed HOF in the next couple of years. I know Animal would induct them one great tag team recognizing another... all just speculation on my part tho. Good blog peeps look forward to the next one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.