View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Sudden Impact: Let's Try This Again

Rate this Entry
Hey Wrestling Fans. The Saviour here with another edition of Sudden Impact, where it's all TNA.

I don't know what happened last week, but my Sudden Impact report didn't get posted on the blog board. Let's hope for a different result this time.

On a quick note about last week's Impact. It was a decent show. The way I see it, with Raw 1000, TNA could do whatever they had to to try and compete with that, which they knew they couldn't. So, they did the logical thing and went about with business as usual. I was also still high on Raw 1000, so the enthusiasm for last week's Impact wasn't all there.

The high is gone now. WWE's out of my system. For what I read, I didn't miss a whole lot on last week's Raw, so I think I made the right decision in bailing on WWE.

But enough about that...it's time for SUDDEN IMPACT!.

WHAT AN OPENING

What else can I really say here? The show opened a ball of fire. As soon as it went on the air, the fight was in the back, and they brought it to the ring, and we had a fantastic opening match. What I find ironic is, when A Double first got his title shot, Bobby Roode was bashing the X Division left and right, only to find himself in a match with, for all intensive purposes, three X Division guys. Great ending. Kenny King worked his ass off in that match. This match set the stage.

BOUND FOR GLORY SERIES

First, how awesome is it that, at Hardcore Justice, we're getting those three Fatal Fourway Matches? Especially the ladder match. I'm already on the edge of my seat. On another note...Christy Hemme is still so freakin hot.

Okay, onto the matches. Bully Ray took Zack Ryder...er...Robbie E to school in quick fashion. Not too bad. I actually want Bully Ray to start getting some points in this thing. And our main event between Kurt Angle and James Storm was a very good match. I thought the ending was lame...as clearly, no one could withstand an ankle lock for that long. Don't turn James Storm into SuperStorm.

But there was so much anticipation. You almost had a feeling of uneasiness throughout. It was one of the most exciting main events I've seen in a while, simply because of the anticipation. Unfortunately, nothing happened after that. I'm not sure what was going through the minds of the writers on that one. And while there are still questions that need answer about James Storm, I thought something, anything, should have happened.

KNOCKOUT FATAL FOURWAY

"Earl would never screw anyone out a match..." That was funny.

The Knockouts, once again, putting on a gem. I can't believe some of what I saw in this match. Gail whipped Mickie James into the steel steps. Then she did the top rope superplex to Tara. You don't typically see that sort of stuff in a women's wrestling match. Anyway, a great match. Bit of a questionable, and predictable, ending, but entertaining.

CHAVO'S WRESTLING DEBUT

Chavo made his wrestling debut. The crowd was really behind him, which was good to see. It was otherwise a pretty bland match. He did the Eddie trifecta of suplexes followed up with a frog splash. Everything you would probably have expected.

On another note about Chavo though...

Last week, I read a post where someone said it was a bad Chavo debut and why would they put him in with Kash and Gunner instead of top stars. I disagree with that notion completely. I actually like that they're using Chavo in a spot like this so they can build him up. If he is eventually going to mix it up with the top guys in TNA, he needs a build up. How bad would it look to have Chavo, who was virtually nothing in WWE, hanging with the top guys in TNA, without at least having a new identity established? And while he will tribute to Eddie for probably the rest of his career, he does have an opportunity here in another main stream wrestling company, to establish himself and take his career to higher heights. I'm pulling for his success.

Other Notes:

They're still wasting valuable TV time with stupid segments like Claire's baby shower, and this whole AJ Styles angle overall.

Two straight episodes without Samoa Joe = NOT GOOD!

I'm disappointed they seem to be bailing on the MIckie James heel turn.

Overall, Impact was pretty good. Again, I'd like to see more steady feuds being built. They wasted a little too much time on certain segments. But there was good wrestling and that's what has really drawn me to TNA over the last few months. We got some great matches set for next week too, so they keep producing the good stuff.

I hope you all enjoyed this week's Sudden Impact. Be Safe Everyone.

Submit "Sudden Impact: Let's Try This Again" to Digg Submit "Sudden Impact: Let's Try This Again" to del.icio.us Submit "Sudden Impact: Let's Try This Again" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sudden Impact: Let's Try This Again" to Google

Comments

Welcome back! I was wondering where last week Sudden Impact is was, but glad to see this one posted.

Notes -

I loved the fact that the crowd was chanting for Aces&8's to "Get Brooke Hogan" at the end. I found it hilarious.

The Storm ankle lock was interesting. I liked how he was fighting it off the entire time... I just wish he would have tapped. It would have put Kurt on top and made this series VERY interesting.

The baby shower was the first segment with Claire that I didn't want to fast forward... Why you ask? Because Daniels and Kaz were HILARIOUS! "Educate yourselves people!" by Daniels... "You're carrying it low" by Kaz. All around it was funny as shit and I loved the crowd chanting to Claire to "Please shut up!" Golden moment for a "comedy" skit.

EY is friggin hilarious. The man is prime to return and strong. They'll drop the "Knocked-up" (ODB) Titles soon and we'll see him in the TV title picture with ODB being his valet (hopefully).

Chavo was great. Kash impressed me that he can still pull that 180 moonsault and make it look easy. You could tell Chavo goes hard and Kash is going to have to pick up speed to keep pace with him in the ring. I've seen him do it in the recent months, but Chavo made Kash look slow in the ring.

I know everyone was waiting for A&8's to show, but I am glad they didn't. Why? Because they introduced Wes Briscoe to the mix. Is he with them? Does he really just want a shot? It made everyone question his motives, especially with him just sitting at ring side. I also commend TNA for giving this story a "slow burn" so it has the proper build. TNA is BAD about rushing stories, much like the E in my opinion, but since Lagana took over for Russo, we have had several stories that have actually had time to build before coming to a head.

Speaking of great stories, I fully love Joey Parks... "Park, Park, and Parks." I think it's foreshadowing the aspect that Abyss might have another character he can play (via the 3 faces of Foley) which if he plays as well as Joey Parks, I am all for. I loved the "kayfabe" references in his talk with Sting. Even my wife found it funny that he and Sting used the word the way they did.

All in all, I liked Impact this week. It wasn't their best show, but if you are a fan of the product, you weren't disappointed this week. Solid matches from all performers, and the way it started got you immediately into the show. Kenny King is going to be special in TNA. I love his finished and he is just exciting to watch in the ring.

Great Blog again DK!
    Yes! Sudden Impact got approved
    -Great blog DK
    -I hated Chavos debut but I think that's because I hate Chave in general, he's so bland yet so overhyped.
    -Deffo need me more Samoa Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin
    Welcome back! I was wondering where last week Sudden Impact is was, but glad to see this one posted.

Notes -

I loved the fact that the crowd was chanting for Aces&8's to "Get Brooke Hogan" at the end. I found it hilarious.

The Storm ankle lock was interesting. I liked how he was fighting it off the entire time... I just wish he would have tapped. It would have put Kurt on top and made this series VERY interesting.

The baby shower was the first segment with Claire that I didn't want to fast forward... Why you ask? Because Daniels and Kaz were HILARIOUS! "Educate yourselves people!" by Daniels... "You're carrying it low" by Kaz. All around it was funny as shit and I loved the crowd chanting to Claire to "Please shut up!" Golden moment for a "comedy" skit.

EY is friggin hilarious. The man is prime to return and strong. They'll drop the "Knocked-up" (ODB) Titles soon and we'll see him in the TV title picture with ODB being his valet (hopefully).

Chavo was great. Kash impressed me that he can still pull that 180 moonsault and make it look easy. You could tell Chavo goes hard and Kash is going to have to pick up speed to keep pace with him in the ring. I've seen him do it in the recent months, but Chavo made Kash look slow in the ring.

I know everyone was waiting for A&8's to show, but I am glad they didn't. Why? Because they introduced Wes Briscoe to the mix. Is he with them? Does he really just want a shot? It made everyone question his motives, especially with him just sitting at ring side. I also commend TNA for giving this story a "slow burn" so it has the proper build. TNA is BAD about rushing stories, much like the E in my opinion, but since Lagana took over for Russo, we have had several stories that have actually had time to build before coming to a head.

Speaking of great stories, I fully love Joey Parks... "Park, Park, and Parks." I think it's foreshadowing the aspect that Abyss might have another character he can play (via the 3 faces of Foley) which if he plays as well as Joey Parks, I am all for. I loved the "kayfabe" references in his talk with Sting. Even my wife found it funny that he and Sting used the word the way they did.

All in all, I liked Impact this week. It wasn't their best show, but if you are a fan of the product, you weren't disappointed this week. Solid matches from all performers, and the way it started got you immediately into the show. Kenny King is going to be special in TNA. I love his finished and he is just exciting to watch in the ring.

Great Blog again DK!
    Yes, Daniels and Kaz were funny in that segment. Especially Daniels...He's hilarious on the mic sometimes. I laugh even more because he's like that smart mouth guy that, no matter how many times you kick his ass, he keeps getting a smart mouth with you. LOL. I think that comment was more for my disdain for the actual angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Yes, Daniels and Kaz were funny in that segment. Especially Daniels...He's hilarious on the mic sometimes. I laugh even more because he's like that smart mouth guy that, no matter how many times you kick his ass, he keeps getting a smart mouth with you. LOL. I think that comment was more for my disdain for the actual angle.
    The "It means Prize Piece!" was friggin funny. My wife made me pause the DVR because she was laughing so hard. I think she's right tho in that he delivers lines like that so well because you can see him saying stuff like that in real life. He definately has a "Tosh"-esque sense of humor that I dig.
    Hey DK as usual good blog....

I loved this week's TNA Impact...the opening segment is gr8 and also the main event..

Knockouts match is good but very predictable...n it is good that A&E not appeared on Impact n crowd is chanting them...that will lead to a huge reaction from crowd when they appear on TV...

I liked (not loved though) chavo's in ring debut...it is a good way to build him because WWE made a joke out of him...

n all Roode's accusations on Storm n his connection with A&E is GUD..

For the first time in weeks I loved Claire segment...Daniels n Kaz were hilarious...

I like EY but, I want him to be in some meaningful feud n matches..guy got tons of talent...use him better....

For me the best Thing going on Impact is PARKS....I'm loving him....I mean my cousin said one thing..."is he really Monster Abyss?? I don't believe it..." That shows he's living the new role pretty good...

Only dis appointment for me is MY BOY JOE is not on TV.....if next week they do not bring him I'll RIOT!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.