View RSS Feed

Cross

Summerslam Cross-Card Part 1

Rate this Entry
Yall probably have no idea who I am, but I am back to do my best at posting blogs. In all honesty, technology can really hurt ya. My profile had something wrong with it so yeah. But I thought I would return by posting how the Summerslam Match Card would be if I built up such a ppv.

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs The Prime Time Players vs Epico & Primo for the WWE Tag Team Championships (TLC Match)
What happened to The TLC matches that blew us away? Cause they were tag teams like E & C, the Dudleys, and the Hardys that competed in such matches. If I were to of built this up, I would of had Kofi and R-Truth address the WWE Universe considering the lack of promos they get to do as champions. The Prime Time Players would join the promo, and then a brawl would occur to where Epico & Primo would run in. AJ would of came out, stopped the fighting, and announce this match.
She would also mention "The matches leading up to SS would be parts of TLC. And whoever wins between Epico & Primo against the Prime Time Players in a tornado tag tables match would face Kofi and R-Truth in a Ladder Match for the tag team titles next week on Raw. (considering something needs to be on the line in a ladder match) So Epico and Primo would win the tables match, (regardless who wins the matches the TLC match is still on) Kofi & R-Truth would win the Ladder Match, and next week on Raw the Prime Time Players would beat Kofi & Truth in a Chairs match. Smackdown could even give time for tag team promos and giving momentum for these tag teams by having the likes of the Usos, Hunico/Camacho, etc. compete against them. In the match itself, Kofi would get both a trouble in paradise with a chair to someone and a boom drop through a table off a ladder. The Prime Time Players can do their old tag team finisher on someone through a table and Epico and Primo can definetly do some jumping off ladders into tables and what not. It would also be cool to see someone take a chair while their going up the ladder and hit the opponent on the other side of them for a thought. The TLC Match should be given 25 minutes with making all weapons relevant.
Winners: Kofi & R-Truth
Why? I feel these two deserve a Summerslam win more and I think they can do more as champs for atleast one more month. Plus it would be cool to see Kofi run up a ladder from outside the ring, do a trouble in paradies starting in the air, hitting say Titus O'Neil on the ladder in the middle of the ring and landing on that ladder to win.

Damien Sandow vs Santino Marella for the United States Championship
Sorry for that last one being long and you may say this match is dumb. But think about it, do we want Sandow's first title win on a Smackdown? No, we want it to be rememorable, and besides, him going against Santino really goes with his gimmick of saving us from such foolishness. This match could even be built up with Damien Sandow saying what we want to hear all revolving around how Santino is a waste of time being champion. I know Damien and Brodus have their thing now, but this to me should of happened first too where Brodus and Damien could feud for the US Title. Tag Matches can definetly be used to help build this up as well as singles. Match time: 7-10 minutes.
Winner: Damien Sandow
Why? Uneeded

Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio in a Street Fight
I would delight in seeing these two feud again for a little while. Besides both of them need something to do. I would hate to see these two left off the card, especially Cody considering how underused he is right now. Plus Cody was on the losing side of their last match, so reviving this could be great. I could see alot of false finishes and even some technical moves. I would have Cody interfere a match of Rey's say against the Miz and then hit the cross-roads after Miz wins. On Smackdown Rey can come out, call out Cody, and Cody will explain his actions. From there, singles matches and maybe a tag match to help build up with another promo. I had the Street Fight stimulation to not limit these guys on what they can do, cause I want them to be able to take full advantage of the arena. It would be cool to see a 619 through stairway bars and a disaster kick off a concession stand. Cody regardless should probably have control of most of the match so Rey does not get injured but not too much to where its like a CM Punk vs Randy Orton. I want Rey to be able to show he has still got it and that Cody is not someone to be underused. For building up, Cody would definetly mention his win over Rey at WM and Rey would mention how what happened to Cody being Dashing and that Rey won their last 2 encounters. And for the sake of the stimulation, a street fight should be at SS cause that stimulation adds more to the prestige of SS. Street Fight match-ups are what are in SS. I would give these guys 15-20 minutes.
Winner: Cody Rhodes/Rey Mysterio
Why? This is a tough one. Cody really needs a major victory as he has been lacking in a good win. For Rey, I mean he has not done anything spectacular since his return except a good match with CM Punk. He needs a feud and definetly needs a win to give him momentum considering is only win was a tag team match with Sheamus by dq.

The Miz vs Alex Riley for the Intercontinental Championship
No doubt Rey Mysterio vs the Miz for the IC Title could be a good match. Plus they have their history when they faced for the WWE Title and Rey won. But for Cody's and Riley's sake, I would do this match. Alex did beat Ziggler on Raw and that made me wonder on a push. I would have him win a No1 Contenders (low-carder) Battle Royal for the IC Title with the Miz on commentary. Alex Riley would win and then they would have a promo on Raw. Riley would mention how the Miz used him and he was the reason for being on the low card side of things. The Miz could talk how Riley was unworthy of a pro like him and even mention how he jobs all the time. And I just thought of this, for a build up match besides single matches, I would have Rey Mysterio, Santino, and Alex Riley vs Damien Sandow, The Miz, and Cody Rhodes. It helps hype up all the single matches at SS without taking alot of match time. Match Time: 10 Minutes.
Winner: The Miz
Why? Needs a longer reign

Thank you for reading and I would have all my thoughts in one blog but its just too much for one blog so I will do a part 2. Please give me your thoughts on whether this match card (so far) is something you would want using Raw/Smackdown for building it up and a match you would want to see. If not, give me your own. Again thanks and God bless. Remember The Cross.

Submit "Summerslam Cross-Card Part 1" to Digg Submit "Summerslam Cross-Card Part 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Summerslam Cross-Card Part 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Summerslam Cross-Card Part 1" to Google

Updated 08-09-2012 at 08:08 PM by Cross

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

all in all this was a great blog but i have to say the prime time player shouldn't be losing to kofi and truth. we need new champs and if it's not gonna be a evan bourne boom truth air boom dilemma then we need new champs. i have to say i would like to see cody win the match your unsure of. very good well done.
    Another "How I would Book..." Blog. They're getting tiresome. Not your fault, I know. And while it looks okay, I got a major problem with you booking Sandow to win the US Title. He hasn't been around for any more than 3 months yet. And you're ready to put him on top. I guess he should win the Royal Rumble as main event Wrestlemania too?
    Quote Originally Posted by WWE.TNA.2012
    all in all this was a great blog but i have to say the prime time player shouldn't be losing to kofi and truth. we need new champs and if it's not gonna be a evan bourne boom truth air boom dilemma then we need new champs. i have to say i would like to see cody win the match your unsure of. very good well done.
    True very true. In all honesty, I just want them remembered for winning at Summerslam cause they have been around longer but your right the tag titles should change hands.

And for Cody thanks for saying that. He definetly needs a win. And thank you for your comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Another "How I would Book..." Blog. They're getting tiresome. Not your fault, I know. And while it looks okay, I got a major problem with you booking Sandow to win the US Title. He hasn't been around for any more than 3 months yet. And you're ready to put him on top. I guess he should win the Royal Rumble as main event Wrestlemania too?
    Thanks for telling me that. I just enjoy giving different match ideas but I probably won't even do a part 2 cause well your one of the big bloggers on here with an esteemed name. For Sandow, I am not putting him on top. I am having him win a mid-card title that many people want to see him win. Besides, we can both agree Santino needs to loose it and Sandow fits. No he should not win the RR and not main event WM, how does winning the US Title imply that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    Thanks for telling me that. I just enjoy giving different match ideas but I probably won't even do a part 2 cause well your one of the big bloggers on here with an esteemed name. For Sandow, I am not putting him on top. I am having him win a mid-card title that many people want to see him win. Besides, we can both agree Santino needs to loose it and Sandow fits. No he should not win the RR and not main event WM, how does winning the US Title imply that?
    But don't be discouraged to blog because you write this well, What DK meant was these blogs have no originality to them and it's just boring, try thinking of topics to discuss and you feel strong about so much that it allows you to write a meaningful blog. Try writing about stuff that's a hotly to debate etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    But don't be discouraged to blog because you write this well, What DK meant was these blogs have no originality to them and it's just boring, try thinking of topics to discuss and you feel strong about so much that it allows you to write a meaningful blog. Try writing about stuff that's a hotly to debate etc...
    Thank you Akbbar. I appreciate that. I will definetly use your comment for future blog ideas.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.