View RSS Feed

Ace Lancaster

Santino Needs to Drop the U.S. Title Immediately

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
Here are my issues with Santino Marella as the United States Champion.
First of all he’s not a credible wrestler let alone a credible United States Champion.

It’s impossible to take him serious.

His mic skills are okay but it’s all for comedic relief.

His move set is completely lame. He has a hip toss, the saluting head butt, and the cobra. Those are seriously the only moves I ever see him do. Obviously he might be a better wrestler than he’s letting on but that’s WWEs fault for not letting him show his true potential.

I think he would be much better suited as a manager for an up and coming star that doesn’t have good mic skills or just use him backstage with Booker and Teddy.

He’s not even promoted well and he rarely ever has matches lately and when he does he gets demolished by his opponents so it’s time for him to finally lose the title.

He needs to drop the title immediately. His character is ruining the prestige of the title. Obviously since he’s a face he’ll need to drop it to a heel. Most likely candidates include Antonio Cesaro and Damien Sandow.

I'd love to see Sandow take it from him because he's got some crazy potential.

Thanks for reading and please post your thoughts on the Santino situation.

Submit "Santino Needs to Drop the U.S. Title Immediately" to Digg Submit "Santino Needs to Drop the U.S. Title Immediately" to del.icio.us Submit "Santino Needs to Drop the U.S. Title Immediately" to StumbleUpon Submit "Santino Needs to Drop the U.S. Title Immediately" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I never understood why they made him US champ anyway. Santino is a good comic wrestler, wrestling does need that I guess. But putting a belt on him makes no sense. Then again, they could turn him heel and make build him from there. I hate that stupid cobra thing he does, makes him look like a socko wanna be.
    I said the same thing earlier. Sandow needs this title immediately. It's a joke as long as its on Santino. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy Santino and think he's great for the kids, but his US Title run is a joke.
    My god, i remember the days where people used to mark out when Santino almost won the WHC in the Elimination Chamber. And then they marked out when he won the US Title.

Nowadays, its cool to post a blog post or forum post about how Santino should lose the title. Right?

Plus, every person just says the same thing over again. IE: He isnt credible/just for kids/stupid finisher. My problem is that people are jumping on the "lets hate Santino Marella" bandwagon and giving the same reason as the other guy to post a "Why I hate Santino Marella" Blog.

Its alright though, you are definitely right about everything you said in your blog, and i respect your opinion. It just amazes me how this guy is getting destroyed for reasons he can't really control.
    I want to say this is a great read, though I somewhat disagree. Either way, I love reading everyone's thoughts and keeping an open mind. Onward...

I wouldn't mind Santino as US Champ if he, I dunno, actually won a match... Having the US Champ be a jobber is just poor booking/writing/whatever. Santino isn't ruining the title, it's whomever decided to put the title on him only to have him job and have 0 feuds. Even if he won his matches, the title still wouldn't mean anything if he has no feud. I remember people bitching that Cody was a stagnant IC champ do to lack of feuds, and he actually won his matches.

Bottom line - WWE clearly has no idea what to do with the US title, so they stuck it on a guy that WE, the people, wanted to have it. They did the same with Zack Ryder. The US title is the equivalent of Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Award for wrestlers.

PS - jobbing with the US title seemed to work out well for Daniel Bryan... just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by texrodgers
    Bottom line - WWE clearly has no idea what to do with the US title, so they stuck it on a guy that WE, the people, wanted to have it. They did the same with Zack Ryder. The US title is the equivalent of Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Award for wrestlers.
    Bottom line - WWE doesnt remember that they have the ability to make fueds for belts other than the WWE/WHC titles. You are completely right
    TheRealOutlaw: Honestly I think he would make a much better heel but then again the wrestling ability he's shown isn't impressive so to me it would be shocking if he won a match against anyone.

ToiletBowl: Agreed! The problem is that Sandow hasn't feuded with Santino so they won't put the belt on him anytime soon. The most likely scenario would be Cesaro.

alcrissam: I'm not hating on Santino. I feel sorry for him that the WWE doesn't know how to book him. My main point is that keeping the belt on him accomplishes nothing. By putting the belt on Cesaro or Sandow it increases their status and helps them develop their heel status even more.

texrodgers: I agree with to an extent. Honestly I don't think a lot of people find his current gimmick interesting and their tired of the same old thing. Also, his finisher is not believable that it would knock a guy out for a three count.

Also, the title didn't really do much for Daniel Bryan. It was him winning the MITB that shot him up to the top. And I have to say his "Yes" and "No" chants are genius which he plays off the crowd really well. He entertains everyone while still being a huge threat in the ring unlike Santino.

Thanks for the comments everyone!!! Keep them coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcrissam
    My god, i remember the days where people used to mark out when Santino almost won the WHC in the Elimination Chamber. And then they marked out when he won the US Title.

Nowadays, its cool to post a blog post or forum post about how Santino should lose the title. Right?

Plus, every person just says the same thing over again. IE: He isnt credible/just for kids/stupid finisher. My problem is that people are jumping on the "lets hate Santino Marella" bandwagon and giving the same reason as the other guy to post a "Why I hate Santino Marella" Blog.

Its alright though, you are definitely right about everything you said in your blog, and i respect your opinion. It just amazes me how this guy is getting destroyed for reasons he can't really control.
    It totally agree with you and I am gulty of that myself but the reason we where so happy when he almost one was because it was unexpected, it was new and when Santino brought that move set in was GREAT! Then it turned into the same thing every match with a non credible finisher (For a champ) and no fluming STORYLINES (AS A CHAMP) The WWE hasn't given the US title a decent storyline since Benoit and MVP/ ,MVP HARY<< Remember booker winning it ? ..It was exciting then because it has storylines!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.