View RSS Feed

Dr. Death

SSlam '12 - Predictions and Wishful Thinking

Rate this Entry
Hello EWN members!, Before I start this subject, I'd like to say congratulations to Tommy Thunder for smashing me in the Blog Wars Olympics. Nice job bro. Now on to my subject - SummerSlam 2012 has alot of potential to be the PPV of the year, (if WWE handles it properly), with the current line up of matches, and some soon to be added matches (I Hope and Dream). Agree or disagree, this blog is going to be my predictions for the "Power-card" matches along with predictions for some matches I'd like to see on the card. This is something new I'm going to try as I see other sites have those that do similar blogs for PPVs. This is The Falcon Punch!

SummerSlam Card and Predictions/Wishful Thinking:

* Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H: While most see this match as two older stars stealing the spotlight from the younger generation, I see this match as something that must happen to pave the road for a WM 29 storyline. The 'E needs this to happen to close the HHH/Lesnar feud and it must have the stipulation of Lesnar's contract deal with Laurenitas at stake. HHH wins - Lesnar remains under the original contract offered by WWE and drops the lawsuit (kayfabe), Lesnar wins - he gets what he wants in his deal with Laurenitas. HHH doesn't really need the win here as he's mainly a corporate suit now, while Lesnar needs to win at SummerSlam in order to make him seem legitimate again in the WWE after his loss to John Cena. Lesnar's return was marred by that loss and then his (kayfabe) quitting left him looking like a douschebag, something I'm sure that the WWE did not bring him back for. This is an all or nothing match for both Lesnar and the 'E, either both come out looking good, or both end up in douschebag hell. My prediction is: Brock Lesnar with the win by pinfall.

* CM Punk vs. Big Show vs. John Cena: A triple threat WWE title match thrown together just so that we don't get bored after seeing yet another Punk vs. Cena match for the WWE title. While these two have good chemistry in the ring, too much of a good thing is not good for anyone. Big Show gets alot of heat about his performance in the ring, yet is remarkably athletic for a guy who is 7' tall and legitimately weighs 400+ lbs. The idea here is to allow CM Punk to retain while continuing his slow heel turn in anticipation for his showdown with the Rock at Royal Rumble. Show will prevent Cena from capturing the gold yet once again, which will culminate in another PPV. Prediction: CM Punk retains by pinfall.

* Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio: Here we go for the WHC title; Sheamus has been on a roll as of late and has "overcome" the odds against him in every title match he's had since WM 28. While on the other hand we have ADR who has been on a roll as well and in the hot seat as far as most of the IWC is concerned. Like him or not, ADR is probably the hardest opponent for Sheamus to beat to date. Why? Well lets just say that ADR has great ring presence, knowledge, and an overwhelming desire to win at any cost. Expect Ricardo Rodriguez to interfere a few times during the match before getting caught and banned from ringside. This will be a close match that could be a sleeper contestant for the PPV match of the night. I expect alot of back and forth with many near falls and a work down of Sheamus's arm and shoulder before he "Hulk's Up" to end the match. We could very well get a triple threat match at the next PPV-NOC with the recent return of Randy Orton. Prediction: Sheamus retains by pinfall.

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho: In the famous words of Booker T; "Can You Dig That Sucka?" This promises to be a match for the ages, I just hope that the 'E lets these two go at it for more than 10 minutes. The outcome of this match should be fairly obvious as Jericho is rumored to be leaving for a tour with his band Fozzy soon. However that information shouldn't get in the way of such a spectacular match up with many interesting possibilities to be had. For a twist in this feud, I'd like to see Ziggler put his MITB contract on the line here with Jericho. This way it could potentially give even more credibility to the young up and comer Ziggler when he finally overcomes the odds in a closely fought match against Jericho. Jericho on the other hand is proving once again that he is "The Best in the World at what he does", which is helping young stars get over and seem legitimate, talented superstars of the future. Or we could see Jericho win, leave for his tour, come back for WM 29 for a cash in opportunity. Not likely, but the 'E has done dumber things before. Prediction: Ziggler by pinfall.

* Christian vs. The Miz: This is a great IC title feud that must continue for a little while longer. My only problem with this is that Cody Rhodes seems to be left by the roadside, and that is a terrible thing to happen for such a talented young superstar. Both Miz and Christian have a good chemistry in the transition of moves with each other, and Miz is on a comeback for a guy who had previously sunk so low within the WWE. Christian again got little time to be called a champion, even though he has the ability to carry SmackDown on his shoulders into the future. I was hoping that the 'E would set up a fatal four way here with Christian vs. Miz vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Daniel Bryan (now that it seems he's out of the World and WWE title opportunities), but alas we're talking about the WWE hear and they seem to have blinders on when it comes to creative writing and possible storylines. They seem to want to bury as many young talent as they can right now and leaving Rhodes off the card is a mistake. That being said, a possible IC title match here should be an entertaining one with a possibility of extending and adding storylines. Prediction: Miz wins by pinfall.

------------------------------------------
(Possible Match Ups for the PPV)

* Ryback vs. Jinder Mahal: With Ryback getting time on recent PPVs, I see no reason why the WWE will not continue the trend with these type of filler matches. After the recent DQ of Mahal with Ryback getting the win at SmackDown on 8/3/12, don't be surprised if Ryback wants retribution for Mahal's actions. This should be another squash match yet again for Ryback as the 'E continues to build his "Goldberg like unbeatable" persona. Prediction: Ryback by pinfall.

* Layla vs. Eve: Yes a Diva's title match, a WWE PPV wouldn't be complete without it as it's the only time we get to see the Diva's title contested, and only as a filler match. What a shame for the WWE to have put the Divas so low on the totem pole than to give them 2-3 minutes of fame at a PPV. Really? Shame on you WWE for dropping the ball once again concerning the Diva division. Prediction: Layla wins by pinfall.

* Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. The Primetime Players: This match should be for the Tag Team Titles as the Primetime Players in Darren Young & Titus O'Neil have respectively beat the Tag champs in one on one competition recently. The high flying and quick tag team of Kofi and R-Truth have their work cut out for them here, and I hope that the 'E gives attention to the tag division by having this on the PPV and not Facebook. I would want to see titles change hands here even if only for a couple months or so. Let's bring the Tag Division back from the dead WWE!! Prediction: Primetime Players win by pinfall. (Little Jimmie gets hurt trying to interfere.)

* Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro: A match for the U.S. Strap is really needed as Santino has done little with the title and has reverted back to "jobber" status. We need the Mid-Card Titles to mean something again and Antonio Cesaro could possibly be the guy to bring relevance back to the U.S. Title once again. With his recent victory over Santino, expect the title to change hands as the outcome should be the same. Prediction: Antonio Cesaro wins by pinfall.

* Randy Orton vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Daniel Bryan: Fatal four way for the #1 contender spot for the WHC. This could be an exciting match to watch, but with a pretty predictable outcome. Prediction: Randy Orton by RKO pin for the win.

* Cody Rhodes vs. Brodus Clay: Cody Rhodes needs some PPV time and Brodus has seemed unstoppable but vulnerable, and is usually shown at a PPV. Clay is actually going nowhere and Rhodes needs another push here. If this were to happen, I'd like to see Rhodes do the impossible and beat Clay 1-2-3. Prediction: Cody Rhodes by pinfall.

---------------------------------------

Well that's all I have for now and although I'm not batting to well at the current PPV contests, I feel pretty strongly about these predictions as they lead to more important storylines leading up to the Royal Rumble and of course WM 29. This has been a Falcon Punch blog brought to you by Dr. Death, who is signing off for now. (copyright 2012) (c) Falcon Punch material - all rights reserved by Dr. Death of The Falcon Punch! @ ewrestlingnews.com (EWN)

Submit "SSlam '12 - Predictions and Wishful Thinking" to Digg Submit "SSlam '12 - Predictions and Wishful Thinking" to del.icio.us Submit "SSlam '12 - Predictions and Wishful Thinking" to StumbleUpon Submit "SSlam '12 - Predictions and Wishful Thinking" to Google

Updated 08-04-2012 at 04:19 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

little jimmy gets injured ... now that's classic stuff
    So Dr. Death... Why aren't you writing for the E Universe again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin
    So Dr. Death... Why aren't you writing for the E Universe again?
    I'm retired.
    agree with most results, except after A.W's Kobe rape joke, i'd be suprised if the PTP's are on the card let a lone winning, i see them losing then going away for a while as AW serves whatever punishment the E gave him, for the record i'm a fan of AW's mic gimmick he just gotta watch his mouth!
    They'll do a 6 man tag team match probably. Kane, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow with the face team coming out on top.

Other than that I agree with most things, I really hope Booker T takes away Alberto Del Rio's title shot as ADR vs Sheamus is boring to watch. Good blog though, I enjoyed the read!
    Hope Lesnar wins and I figure Punk wins!
    Heard Del Rio is expected to be champ again. If that is the case, it may happen at Summerslam even though I hope not.
    Miz obviously retains and hopefully ziggler wins that match.
    Ryback obviously.
    Layla likely would win if she had a title match, but I can't wait until she drops it to someone else. Boring to me........
    PrimeTime would be a win I'd suggest, but with title reigns longer now...you can't expect that to happen.
    Cesaro obviously....
    I'd prefer to see Kane vs Sheamus if that was a world title main event match. Orton vs Sheamus should happen at Survivor Series. A big ppv environment. Not just some random ppv. That is just my opinion anyway.
    I like the idea that of Santino losing the US title, but I don't think Antonio Cesaro is a good choice. I don't think He's over enough with the crowd. Maybe Tyson Kidd or even Damien Sandow.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.