View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

WWE RAW 8/6 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Welcome to the Deluxe lounge. In this blog, we will take a look at how WWE 8/6/2012 RAW did last week in the ratings and what segments drew and failed. You also get to have my thoughts about the segments themselves, and if you disagree strongly about my statements you are free to comment down below or make another blog responding to this one. With that said, let's get into it.

The August 6th WWE RAW did a 3.09 cable rating with 4.37 million viewers. The three hours did ratings of 2.80, 3.26 and 3.19.

In the segment breakdown, CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio gained 123,000 viewers. I like it when RAW kicks off the show with a match, especially one like this. A nice, surpisingly mat-based, wrestling match between Mysterio and Punk. I kind of expected more high-flying, but it was a nice twist to see these boys keep it on the ground for once. I think when you constantly open up the show with the General Manager, it starts to become too routine and you start tuning out. AJ Lee is not the type of GM that should open the show ALL the time. Although she did open the show this week, seeing her character take charge and put the WWE championship participants in their places was cool. Despite the obviously rigged RAW active, the match was solid and it got fans invested into the show from the get-go.

Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio gained another 123,000 viewers.
This match was also solid. Can't say much more about it, other than it was a necessary victory for Alberto Del Rio. Now, what happened afterwards, to me personally, was more annoying than anything else. You have a babyface Sheamus hi-jacking Del Rio's car and literally DRIVING it out of the arena. Isn't that called "car-theft" and isn't that technically a felony? I remember Austin destroying cars, that's one thing and they can get around that, but never STREALING cars. This put a big dent into Sheamus's babyface credibility. What's even worse was the commentary afterwards. Jerry "The Buffoon" Lawler decided to explain to us all with his unmatched wisdom that Sheamus was, "not stealing the car but borrowing it" like an obvious tool. I get it. Lawler supports the babyfaces. Its one thing to support, but its another thing to BLINDLY cheer the supposed "good guys" and, not just ignore their actions, but cover it up with idiotic BS. Now not only does Sheamus look retarded, but YOU look retarded for saying it. I never thought I would ever like Michael Cole more than Lawler. Guess I was wrong.

Randy Orton vs. Big Show at the top of the hour gained 480,000 viewers. No surprise here. Its the top of the hour where most of the fans tune in anyways and its two men with large star powers. The show was going to get a gain in viewership one way or another. Unfortunately, their entertainment value was lacking in this match. I didn't really care much about the match to be honest. Nothing really happened. Then after the match ended in a double count-out, obviously to protect Orton, Big Show fails his WMD Knockout Punch and receives an RKO. Yeah, now I'm VERY sure Big Show has a chance of winning the championship at Summerslam. [NOT!] If he has trouble with Orton, what makes me think he can handle CM Punk and John Cena at the same time?

Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks vs. Ryback plus Titus O’Neil and Darren Young vs. Primo and Epico gained 78,000 viewers. It makes me smile that the tag teams featured are gaining viewership. I'm really getting behind this Tag Team Division Resurgance WWE "appears" to be doing. Let's hope they keep it up. I've also noticed that Ryback is slowly, but surely, starting to be accepted by the fans. I hear less "GOLDBERG" chants and more "FEED ME MORE" chants. Slow-and-steady seems to be the key in determining whether Ryback will be a huge star or a bust for WWE. We'll see what happens in the future.

The angle with Brodus Clay and Damien Sandow lost 135,000 viewers. Brodus Clay has not been doing good in the ratings of a lately. This is probably a sign that the gimmick has lost its luster and nobody really cares about it anymore. Might be time to start making his own name in the company. The beatdown by Sandow was interesting, although incredibly unrealistic. I'm willing to give this feud a chance. Its two upcoming talents trying to use each other to rise in the ranks. I'm all for that, especially if one of them is Damien Sandow. That man is a future star. Promise you.

Kelly Kelly vs. Eve Torres gained another 113,000 viewers.
Well, look at that. We go one week without divas and the next week we have them, they gain viewers. The match was decent too. Plus, its nice to see Kelly Kelly back in the game. She needs to learn how to hit the ropes though ....

The highest rated segment of the show was Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Brock Lesnar – gaining 232,000 viewers. Their segment did a 3.45 quarter rating. Is there more to be said? It's HBK, Triple H, Paul Heyman with a microphone, and Brock Lesnar. STAR POWER FUCKING CITY! We got the announcement that Brock Lesnar will see HBK before Summerslam and then he looks at HBK like he is fresh meat. So yeah, everyone should start fearing for HBK's well being.

Alex Riley vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 390,000 viewers while The Miz vs. Kane lost 208,000 more viewers. YIKES! That's over half a million viewers lost going into the third hour. That's not good. Sorry A-RY fans, but it looks like your boy isn't a big of a draw as you like to think. Dolph Ziggler made A-RY look like a million bucks though, which isn't saying more cause he can make a broom stick look like a million bucks. I'm all for more hype between Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho though. I saw absolutely no point in having Kane vs. The Miz honestly. The fact that Kane beat The Miz, and CLEAN, hurt his credibility as an Intercontinental champion. Kane did not need that win and Miz could have definitely used it.

John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan in the main event gained 345,000 viewers for a 3.27 quarter rating. Not a bad draw in viewership to close off RAW. No, it isn't a million viewers like last week, but its one of the show's largest gains in viewerships though. Yeah, I can already hear the Cena marks going, "Yeah, cause it had Cena" and you're right. I'm just happy Daniel Bryan had a chance to showcase himself against the golden boy IN THE MAIN EVENT. Thats a definite plus to me.

Afterwards, CM Punk walks out to confront Cena. Big Show follows in pursuit and storms the ring, attacking Cena. As Cena picks up Show, Punk knocks them both out and then climbs out of the ring to cut an AWESOME promo on the commentary headset, bashing the hell out of Jerry Lawler. And then ... it goes downhill from here. Punk returns to the ring, ONLY to be knocked out by Big Show, killing all the momentum he just built from his promo. Show then knocks out Cena and stands tall in the ring, holding the WWE championship. Does anyone really believe Big Show will win at Summerslam? No? So why are we pumping unnecessary momentum into him? Ugh.

So yeah guys, that my RAW Breakdown for 8/6/2012. I'll have the breakdown for 8/13/2012 up later on this week when the breakdown comes out. Stay tuned for it. Catch you then.

Submit "WWE RAW 8/6 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Digg Submit "WWE RAW 8/6 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE RAW 8/6 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE RAW 8/6 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Google

Comments

Last week's Raw ratings breakdown? Really? Last week's Raw is so far into "who cares" land by now.
    Hey bro, can you do this every week. If you can get your hands on the segment breakdowns every week, please do this every week. I like intake man, good stuff.
    I disagree with Dolph Ziggler making Alex Riley look like a million bucks. Riley got his ass kicked for the majority of the match. lol But a win over Ziggler is big for A-Ry. I hope he gets used more often but he probably won't sadly.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.