View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Abdominal Stretch Special: Where It All Stands Now

Rate this Entry
Hey Wrestling Fans from Everywhere and Wherever. The Saviour here with a very, very special edition of The Abdominal Stretch. Why is this edition so special? Because I retired the Abdominal Stretch over a month ago, and am bringing it back for ONE…MORE…POST.

That’s right. This will be my last blog post in regards to WWE. Unfortunately, I’ve come to a realization that I’ve been denying, mostly to myself, since back before Wrestlemania 27. I will close this blog out with more about this. But for now…This blog will focus on Raw 1000, with some predictions and some other stuff. I’d like to note that, for my own benefit, I stopped reading updates on Raw 1000 on Wednesday. I want to be surprised. So if there’s a report that I’m missing, that’s why.

I know this is running a little long, so strap in and enjoy.

THE FINAL ABDOMINAL STRETCH

Let’s start right off the bat with what some of the hot talk is all about.

THE BIG BLOCKBUSTER ANGLE

In a simple statement, It’s gotta be huge. And I mean, HUGE. They did the Nexus a couple of years ago, which was a recycled NWO of sorts. They did the “shoot” interview with CM Punk. They seem to do this type of stuff every couple of years to “Shake The Very Foundation of the WWE!” They need to go way outside the box on this. If it’s a gang stable introduction, or someone unexpected coming in and “shooting” off, I’ll be very disappointed. Also, if it has anything to do with the return of say a Wade Barrett or a Kharma, that would truly suck. And finally, if there’s any TNA ship jumpers that debut, snorefest. If you want a major angle that’s gonna create buzz everywhere, blow up Twitter, and get the IWC into a major uproar??? TURN CENA HEEL ON MONDAY!!!

Other Topics

What’s up with the WHC picture? Ziggler has the briefcase, and seemingly Del Rio and Mysterio are going to feud again. So, what is Sheamus to do? I’m guessing someone will return and be shot right into the title picture. Wade Barrett maybe? Which to me, would be just as disappointing as Alberto Del Rio being pushed back into the picture right off of injury.

I might be alone in thinking this, but I think the MITB has run its course. The concept is very stale. It’s the same thing over and over again. Cena’s cashing in on Monday and there have been a few quick cash ins, and few good runs like Edge & Miz. But for Ziggler, it’s just going to be the same “should I, shouldn’t I” crap we’ve seen since 2005. Just get rid of it at this point. I was really hoping Ziggles would have lost at MITB, and after this Monday, no briefcases would be floating around.

Where is Daniel Bryan headed? A feud with Kane is starting. He’ll crash the wedding, they’ll do another love Triangle. But really, Bryan was never credible in the title picture. His World Title reign was nothing short of a comedy sketch, and he jobbed in the WWE title picture. He belongs in the mid-card title picture. I’d much rather have him take the title off Santino and bring some prestige back to it. Then maybe unify the title with IC Title in a feud with Christian. It’s where he belongs. He’s a good wrestler and I’m a fan. But this is the truth. I wouldn’t expect him back in the title picture, probably ever again.

THE SAVIOR’S RAW 1000 PREDICTIONS
The DX Reunion. This should be a fun way to kick off the show. I’m sure Brock Lesnar will get involved as part of the HHH challenge at Summer Slam. *I’ll gladly accept them getting that part out of the way early*. This should somehow end with Brock Lesnar or Paul Heyman receiving Sweet Chin Music.

I’m predicting that we will have two permanent GM’s. One for Raw, and one for Smackdown. One will be a face, and one will be a heel. Yawn. However, I do think they will both be people who we won’t expect and who haven’t been a GM prior.

I wonder why they’re keeping Christian’s opponent a secret? Are they going to do another fan vote for their…”letting fans decide character development, opponents, and matches?” What a joke. If it’s Cody, fine. They put on good matches and work well. I personally think it’s going to be someone like Tensai. Either way, Christian will drop the belt.

Stone Cold will be there. Take it to the bank.

I believe Undertaker will also be there. This is the 1000th Episode after all. He can make the trip for that, right? He doesn’t even need anything to do. Just show up. Gong. Come out. Save someone. Call Someone Out. Face off with someone. Be Kane’s Best Man as he takes over the AJ Wedding…Something.

By the way, I think Kane takes over the wedding.

I think we’ll have a lot of nostalgia moments. We’ll also deal with a lot of new stars trying to bash legends, etc.

AND FINALLY…The Saviour, HAS A PREDICTION, about ROOOOCKY.

He’ll show up. He’ll electrify. And this ties into my prediction for the Main Event. The Rock will come down and confront the winner of the WWE Title match, setting it up for SummerSlam. That winner will be……CM PUNK!

Cena is the first to fail in his attempt to cash in. It won’t be clean. Big Show will be involved, yada yada. Super Cena can’t lose clean right?

IN CLOSING

Ladies and Gentlemen, (not sure how many ladies read this), it is with a heavy heart that I am walking away from the WWE. I think about this past Wrestlemania with The Rock vs Cena and how much of a disappointment it was. Now, I understand there are some that loved Wrestlemania 28 and think it was the be all end all of wrestling events, but to me…it was A Major Let Down. A let down that, ultimately, I never recovered from. It was the straw that broke the camel’s back, so to speak.

I have grown up loving wrestling, but, this is just not wrestling anymore. It’s not the show and the product that I’ve loved for so many years. And it hasn’t been that for a long time. A very long time. There have been glimpses of entertaining things that have happened, but they are just too few. I don’t know if there’s anything I really love about WWE today. And I don’t envision myself watching an extra hour while they push Twitter and Tout down my throat.

It is a sad thing. I don’t want to be giving up on the WWE. But the fact is, I’ve bought into it too many times, and have made excuses for myself for not letting go. The Nexus Angle, CM Punk’s Shoot, all these things that kept me around, only to be a let down shortly after. And now, we have the 1000th Episode of Raw tomorrow. And there’s talk about a Huge Angle. Well, I can’t see anything that they could do at Raw 1000 that they won’t just turn around and drop the ball on a month later. It’s inevitable, because that’s what the WWE does.

I am bringing this to a close. Not just the Abdominal Stretch, but to my being a fan of WWE. It lasted a very long time and it is sad to walk away. I will watch this 1000th episode on Monday like I did when I was 14 and watched the first episode, as a fan. A pure fan. Without regards to this or any other website. There will be no post Raw blog, nothing. I will watch, and when it’s over, I will turn the WWE off FOREVER.

I will still do Sudden Impact. I’ll still be very much a TNA fan unless they go down the same road.

Thank you for supporting The Abdominal Stretch. It was a fun ride. And thank you for your patience in reading this. I want to wish everyone a happy 1000th Episode. I’m excited. I’m anxious. This only comes once in a lifetime.

Be Safe Everyone.

Submit "Abdominal Stretch Special: Where It All Stands Now" to Digg Submit "Abdominal Stretch Special: Where It All Stands Now" to del.icio.us Submit "Abdominal Stretch Special: Where It All Stands Now" to StumbleUpon Submit "Abdominal Stretch Special: Where It All Stands Now" to Google

Tags: raw 1000, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    With much anticipation, I'm honored being one of the first to post a comment on this blog. The Abdominal Stretch will forever remain as being my favorite RAW reviews. Despite reading the spoilers over the past few days, and having that slight bit more information, I can agree with your predictions.

Over the course of the last month or so, I've stated multiple times that the 1000th episode will be the "make or break" for me. I share your same views regarding this years Mania. Since that very night, followed by Lesnars' return the following night on Raw, the E' has been on a downward spiral IMO. Week in and week out, they haven't delivered. I have faith in the company eventually changing its' ways. Maybe the day will come when Vinnie Mac finally calls it quits. Who knows....

I've got high expectations for tomorrow night. As you said, the E' needs to drop a bomb of some sort. Something that will shake the wrestling world. Suggesting a "Cena heel turn" would do it. I find it very unlikely though.

If this indeed is your FINAL goodbye to the E', and The Abdominal Stretch, I'd like to be the first to bid you fair well.

Being a fan of the E' since the age of 5, and now peeking 27,I'd like to state that tomorrow night may be my LAST Monday Night Raw as well.

-This may be the end of an era in the blogging world, yet "The Dawn" of a new era is upon us.-

I'll be looking forward to this weeks' Sudden Impact. Things seem to be heating up in the Land of TNA as of late.

Great Blog yet again Savior.
    i have been a constant viewer of this site but have only recently chosen to become a member and share my thoughts as well as debate with others but i have always been a fan of the abdominal stretch.honestly many of your opinions and thoughts seem to match many of my own and i respect the hell out of ya man and it is really terrible that you have made the decision to quit as far as blogs and as far as viewing the current wwe product.but i don't blame you at all.the wwe has become a shell of what it used to be but after 20+ years of living and breathing the wwe it is hard to cut ties for me.maybe i keep hoping for a change that will never come lol.anyway good blog man and once again thanks dude.
    If the "huge angle" turns out to be the best thing to happen in the past 10 years and you end up missing it I will be the first to laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by sret
    If the "huge angle" turns out to be the best thing to happen in the past 10 years and you end up missing it I will be the first to laugh.
    I'm glad to know that would be a priority in your life. Enjoy.
    OH NO ANOTHER INTERNET MARK IS TURNING OFF THE WWE!

who cares if you do not watch the WWE. no one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to watch it. i for the life of me do not understand why you think you not watching the WWE anymore matters. SO what! i bet 5 million will still watch it tonight whether you do or do not. nothing makes me laugh more than you internet marks acting like what you think matters. IT DOESNT!

get over yourself you MARK.
    Quote Originally Posted by owenhart4life
    OH NO ANOTHER INTERNET MARK IS TURNING OFF THE WWE!

who cares if you do not watch the WWE. no one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to watch it. i for the life of me do not understand why you think you not watching the WWE anymore matters. SO what! i bet 5 million will still watch it tonight whether you do or do not. nothing makes me laugh more than you internet marks acting like what you think matters. IT DOESNT!

get over yourself you MARK.
    Those who typically read and comment on my blogs, was really my intended audience here.

But I'm glad you put the time and effort into not only reading, but commenting, on my blog. Thank you. It feels good to know that you find me important enough to put forth the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Those who typically read and comment on my blogs, was really my intended audience here.

But I'm glad you put the time and effort into not only reading, but commenting, on my blog. Thank you. It feels good to know that you find me important enough to put forth the effort.

i dont find you important. you are just another mark who think their opinions or views will ever shape the wwe, tna, ecw, roh, wcw, awa, or whatever wrestling organization there ever was.

blog about watching the disney channel tonight.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.