View RSS Feed

bearkg88

WBC Series #11: State of the WWE

Rate this Entry

What is up guys! time for another edition of WBC! This time, the topic is the state of the WWE! We are having the champ, Renevious, defend his title against a blogger here on EWN, The Great One! Let's take a look at the champs blog first!

Renevious

What's up guys? Renevious here again. Thanks as usual to everyone who reads my material. It looks like this week Bear has us talking about the State of the WWE. He has quite a few questions to answer, so let me stop wasting time...

Who do you think is the best champ currently?
This is a very tricky question to begin with. Until recently I would've said CM Punk is no doubt doing the best job with a belt, but I think I may be a little torn. I have to say that I am really impressed with the chance the WWE is taking with slowly turning CM Punk heel (possibly), but I'm also really impressed with the decision to make the Miz the Intercontinental Champion. It's really too soon to tell whether or not he's going to get the job done, but I'm just glad to see someone with his passion get the belt. I don't want to take anything away from a veteran like Christian, but holding the IC Title does absolutely nothing for him or the belt at this stage in his career.

Who do you feel is the worst champ currently?
I'm not even going to mention the Divas Champion, because I don't even consider that a championship. I know many people are probably thinking that I should say Santino right here, but I'm gonna have to go with Kofi and Truth as the Tag Team Champions. When in the holy hell do they defend the titles?!?! All we ever see is either non-title, 6-man, or 1 on 1 matches with those guys. You have real teams like the Prime Time Players, Epico & Primo, Usos, and even Hunico & Camacho who could all actually do something with these titles. They are just being completely wasted with Kofi and Truth.

What would you consider to be the high point in the WWE right now?
I think the high point is the WWE title picture. You have all the top guys basically hovering around Punk like vultures waiting for their shot. Big Show is coming off as dominant as ever. Cena is getting the people behind him again. Even the Rock is already cemented in for a title match at the Royal Rumble. And to top it off, CM Punk goes and throws a character curve ball at us right in the middle of it to make us all question his morals. Every element to this just makes it more and more interesting.

What would the low point be?
The Divas. Oh, and anything involving Hornswaggle.

Who do you feel is being underutilized and why?
Ziggler is definitely the obvious answer, but he's Mr. Money in the Bank right now, and his time is near. Despite his newness, I will once again have to give props to my boy Damien Sandow. This guy is delivering every single show. His genuine heel heat is epic, and he's great in the ring (not to mention phenomenal on the mic). The fact that they put him up against all of DX in the opener of RAW 1000th shows me that the WWE has a lot of faith in his ability as a heel. And hopefully that means that we'll be seeing much more of him in the near future.

Who do you feel is being shoved down our throats/do you think it is working/not working?
I admit that I actually like Brodus Clay, but it seems like they're force feeding us the silly dancing side of his character and downplaying his potential dominance in the ring. Another one is Heath Slater. I totally dig how they used him to showcase all the legends, but hopefully Randy Orton coming back and destroying him is going to make him shut up for a little while, or at least he could come up with a little more to his character that his one little catch phrase. But speaking of which, I know Orton just returned, but I was sick of him before he left. So I'm sure it won't be long before I'm sick of him again. I honestly don't know why everyone is so high on him. He's completely one dimensional and not very entertaining at all.

What match do you think will headline Summerslam?
As per usual, I predict the WWE Title match will take a back seat to the much more hyped Brock v. Triple H match. Why? I don't know. The match literally means nothing to anybody, but it's two giant egos. So, it's bound to end up that way.

What do you think about the Lesnar/HHH feud, considering the factor we haven't seen much of Lesnar?
As I stated in the previous question, there's nothing riding on this feud. It's just a grudge match over a fake broken arm and fake lawsuit stuff. It's not anything that the fans can connect with. It's not if they would've gone the direction of having Heyman as the GM of RAW if Brock wins or something like that. The outcome of this match has absolutely no impact on anything within the WWE. If Brock wins, so what. If HHH wins, so what. That's not really what I call a great feud.

Any other thoughts on the WWE currently?
Making RAW a 3-hour show is a big gamble, and they're going to need new content really soon. Unless I'm just crazy for thinking this, I'd like to say that this would be the perfect opportunity to relaunch the Cruiserweight Division. We've got so many guys on the roster right now who would excel to such great heights if they had that type of platform to showcase their skills. I mean back in the day, the only good thing about having a 3-hour Monday Nitro was getting to see all the Cruiserweights steal the show in the first hour. Let's make it happen again.

Well, I think that should do it for me. Thanks again for reading, and I really hope you enjoyed it. Until next time, God Bless...

A great blog from Renevious. He is the champ for a reason and this shows it! Now, it is time for the challenger, The Great One.

The Great One

Who do you think is the best champ currently
?Some people base prestige on how long a reign is, but I think it is just as important who they defeat while holding their respective championships. Steen nor Aries has had a very long title reign. Punk has faced the best talent such as Jericho, Del Rio, Miz, Bryan and so forth during his reign which makes him the best champion today!!

Who do you feel is the worst champ currently?
The Divas Champion Layla because she gets no reaction at all and I can hardly remember she was the other day. It is a joke for her to be champion. At least the likes of Kelly Kelly, Santino, Tess, and so forth at least get a reaction. She gets nothing at all. Fans don't love her or hate her. When no one cares it is a big problem. She needs to cut a promo or something.

What is the High point in the WWE right now?
The AJ storyline has been very intriguing to me not knowing what will happen next. Certainly makes you want to tune into Raw every week. Her now being the GM of Raw is intriguing as well. I'm very happy to not have Teddy Long or Vickie back in that position. Someone different is good. Especially a person like AJ who is mentally unstable

What is the Low point
Layla returning instead of Kharma to win the Divas title. Worst Divas champion we've had in a while just based on the lack of reaction when she comes out. I figure that is why instead of defending her championship in 1-on-1 matches she has been teaming up with other divas to get a reaction. Forget long period of a title reign, it isn't going to have prestige in my eyes if no one cares.

Who do you feel is being underutilized and why?
Ton of talent not being used to its potential like Drew McIntyre, Miz recently, Kidd, and so forth. Instead of Miz vs Christian for the IC title on Raw 1000, I would have had Tyson Kidd out there and winning the belt. That would have made that moment special with Bret instead of forgetful when you look back on it 6 months from now. He could have been in the ring raising Kidd's hand while handing him the IC title which you know means a lot because Bret was one of the best IC champs of all-time. Kidd has got "it" and if utilized correctly....he could be a top heel or face in this company. I'd love to see him as a heel vs Rey Mysterio.

Who do you feel is being shoved down our throats/do you think it is working/not working?
AJ, but I believe it is working even though some believe it is getting stale. I just hope they don't bring Charlie Sheen into the mix with AJ on Raw. Not a big fan of Sheen and would rather have more focus on the talent. I'm very interested in seeing how AJ will book Raw. Especially Daniel Bryan after last week. It sure will be interesting since she is mentally unstable. If not for AJ and the ending of Raw....wouldn't be that much interested into this weeks Monday Night Raw.

What match do you think will headline Summerslam?
Lesnar vs HHH even though it has lost a ton of steam because the absense of Lesnar where the hate is no longer there. The hate is towards Heyman more so than Lesnar now that he has been his voice. Lesnar should have came out and F5'd HHH from behind on Raw 1000 to get that heat back that he had lost from being away.

What do you think about the Lesnar/HHH feud, considering the factor we haven't seen much of Lesnar?
I'm not that interested at all with the storyline. Not a big fan of HHH. I'd rather see Lesnar face some of the young guys unless he would face the likes of Austin or Taker. Lesnar/Orton was the match I was hoping for when Summerslam came along because they both became the youngest world champions at the ppv, but we get this instead. HHH/Lesnar has lost a lot of steam because he has been absent as I said. I thought the 1000th Raw made Lesnar look weak getting out of the ring afraid of HHH which I believe was a bad move. Should have went with Lesnar beat the stuffing out of him from behind to get that heat back standing above HHH laughing w/Lesnar as the fans boo. The lack of heat along with Lesnar looking weak along with Heyman getting more heat than Lesnar is going to be bad for the match. I honestly was hoping for Sable to come out with Brock to attack Steph, but it didn't happen of course.

Any other thoughts on the WWE currently?
Nope.

A great blog from TGO as well! Now it is up to you the voter, to vote for which blog you liked better!

Submit "WBC Series #11: State of the WWE" to Digg Submit "WBC Series #11: State of the WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "WBC Series #11: State of the WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "WBC Series #11: State of the WWE" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Althought The Great One had a GREAT point with the Kidd/Hart aspect of Raw 1000 (I thought the exact same thing), Ren gets the win because his overall view on the State of the E Universe matches my current thoughts. Great blogs from both and a really good matchup.
    Both had decent points. And also some points that made me say, "huh?" (for Ren, Damien Sandow and wanting a Cruiserweight Division. For Great One, too many references to other companies, it's clearly a WWE blog, and mentioning not having Kharma being a low point. Forget reports. Blog from the heart)

I gotta say, Renevious seems to have some sort of monopoly on bearkg's blog battles, lol. At any rate, he gets my vote on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Both had decent points. And also some points that made me say, "huh?" (for Ren, Damien Sandow and wanting a Cruiserweight Division. For Great One, too many references to other companies, it's clearly a WWE blog, and mentioning not having Kharma being a low point. Forget reports. Blog from the heart)

I gotta say, Renevious seems to have some sort of monopoly on bearkg's blog battles, lol. At any rate, he gets my vote on this one.
    DK went deep, you know it bro.

Anyways my vote is for Renevious.
    Yep Renevious for the win- good call with the Hart/Kidd moment- hadn't thought of that and am massively behind Kidd to kill it
    Renevious takes it again
    Both had decent views and great opinions on the current "State of the E'". Both shedding light on their views, it all boiled down to whom I could relate to more. That being said; Renevious, FTW. Good blogging to you both.
    This was close but Renevious for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.