View RSS Feed

Glue

Speculation on The Beautiful People

Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
The most important question asked here is, why did they leave TNA? Despite TNA struggling to become as big as the WWE, TNA still has a show aired weekly on national TV. Although the pay is fair to most of
their homegeown talent, many of them choose to stay in TNA because they're afraid that the WWE doesn't want them, such as with guys like Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels. Except, no matter how greatly the
Beautiful People put the Knockouts Division on the map, now they're gone from TNA, and likely won't return anytime in the future. Knowing that they have been fully committed to TNA up until now, they would never leave on their own terms unless they would be guaranteed contracts from a bigger promotion, like...I don't know...the one with Cena in it?

Honestly, I saw Angel's departure from TNA coming. Angel was hardly ever used in 2012, which meant she earned very little in 2012, and to top it off, she has never won a single match since August 2011. Angel asked for her release from TNA on July 3rd, and she has not disclosed any reasons behind it.

The very next day, however, there was a rumor going around that WWE has already expressed interest in signing Angel, with several KOs confirming her departure and saying she is off to "big things". So there's a possibility that the TNA locker room and possibly the TNA executives have knowledge of her future, and she certainly isn't going to retire, or become a full-time actor soon. She has been working indy dates since her release and has a no-compete clause.

Talia's departure from TNA was much more extreme. Even though she was only Knockout Champion for a month out of her 4 1/2 year tenure, she was a regular on TNA television and was featured a lot more prominently and marketed more positively. Her contract was about to run out and TNA has asked many stars to restructure their deals and accept pay cuts, but it didn't appear to be the case with Talia. Talia bolted from TNA and severely refused to negotiate on a new deal. They called it "as gone as pen leaving the paper". They should have tried to keep her with all the power they had, but to no avail. What could it possibly mean that the most over KO in TNA has 0% interest in re-signing?

So despite her high marketing power, her music videos and appearances like on FOX News to get the TNA name and image out there, she gives that all up, and once again, she doesn't explain why. Why on Earth would she of all the women in TNA want to leave so remotely after all the attention she's been getting? It hardly makes any sense, that is until it has to do with the "empire" contacting her. If her contract had expired, then it's likely that she does NOT have a no-compete clause.

Why are they doing a "Reunion Tour"? Talia and Angel are scheduled to team up in several appearances and matches in the coming months. However, there are a few things here that don't really add up. TNA wrestlers would be allowed to make indy appearances while under contract, so they could still do their "reunion tour" while in TNA (aren't they working with Winter on October 6th?). I just don't get why the both of them would leave a major wrestling promotion like TNA as soon as they could just so they could be together in the Indies, especially after all the perks they have obtained in TNA.

Many of the circuits would pay them less than TNA has per show, and they would even have to pay to travel. Angel had to rely on the Indies to help cover a doctor's appointment when she got a concussion after Lockdown in 2009 (Angel did not have the money to see a doctor and TNA wouldn't help her, so she had to compete on the Indies for more money.). Both of them haven't really gotten much financial backing in TNA, it's not like they had WWE tenures either to keep them afloat, so they need money, especially Talia because of Chris Sabin out of commision again.

So why are they doing a "reunion tour" now? Are they waiting for something? The possible no-complete clauses? The lawsuit? Are they running out of time before they can no longer work together as "The Beautiful People"? Hence they call it a "reunion tour", otherwise they would be planning to work together until they retire, which seems somewhat unlikely. If they're not headed to the WWE in the future, then I have no clue what they're doing in the Indies at this time or what lies ahead for them. Because we all know, they're still rather young and have several years left in their careers. What other promotions from around the world could they be waiting for to get into? What other careers do they have to turn to? Sure, Angel does a little acting but it that enough for her to go far if she put more focus on it?

Could they be headed to WWE? Nobody but them, the WWE, and TNA know for sure, but that seems like what will happen later on this year or early next year at this point, for their "reunion tour" perhaps will go on while they wait to proceed negotiations with WWE. Could you believe it? I know I couldn't.

The lawsuit TNA filed against WWE pressures WWE into holding off signing anybody recently released from TNA until it's settled. This was the case with TNA star Alex Shelley, whom Mark Madden said he was on his way to signing a contract with WWE until the lawsuit was filed. WWE was said to be interested in bringing in the Motor City Machine Guns as a tag team. With Talia now gone and Chris Sabin very likely soon to be leaving TNA. It opens up the possibility that the three of them would be signed to WWE with Talia starting out as their valet, which is the same way women over the years like Trish Stratus, Lita, Melina, and Natalya started out.

Yet neither of them have denied possible futures in WWE so far. Divas like the Bella Twins and Maxine have stated they were not interested in TNA mere days after they departed from WWE. Both Talia and Angel have no interviews scheduled like Jay Lethal, the Young Bucks, and Jesse Neal had had shortly after their releases, which would potentially go on to reveal what was it in TNA would make them want to leave or tease or hint where they're headed to next. They don't want to say anything about why they left or give away where they're going next. All they have done thus far was accept praise from WWE personalities like Mick Foley (https://twitter.com/realMickFoley/st...91753433866240) and Jim Ross (https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/229737651668922368). But if they said they would be joining a place like WSU or somewhere, I wouldn't understand why they would keep that a secret or keep their fans on their toes about it for so long.

Before the both of them signed with TNA, Angel and Talia's biggest goal was to make it to the WWE. With Angel's developmental territory getting closed down and Talia getting eliminated early from the 2007 Diva Search, they got their careers going forward with TNA. Their biggest hope in TNA was that they thought TNA was going to be that wrestling company that would grow greatly over time, hoping they could earn a lot more money then what they started with. That wasn't the case though. They expected TNA was to get out of it's home in Universal Studios and start functioning on the road like WWE.

Why would WWE interest them you ask? While many would be interested in seeing them perform for WWE, a group of fans would say "They wouldn't be used right", or "They'd never get on RAW". While yeah, the Divas usually are used sparingly in televised matches, there's more to being a wrestler for the WWE than just that, and Angel and Talia have been in the business long enough to know that, regardless of what they've said in their cookie-cutter interviews about WWE, which they've never mentioned by name.

As tough as it is to admit, the Divas are rewarded with much more priveleges than the Knockouts. This includes more money, more shows to wrestle on, more media appearances, more popularity, and medical insurance, something TNA very well should have implemented when Angel got that big concussion at Lockdown in 2009. Not to mention, not a lot of women's wrestlers can say they've been apart of the number one promotion in the world.

Regardless of what they would do there, they would be lucky and thankful where they would end up in their careers. Also not to mention, TNA has hardly done anything to excel into mainstream success to warrant Talia a spot on Dancing With The Stars.

So why would WWE want a pair of wrestlers they rejected years ago? The both of them came a long way from when they were affiliated with the WWE in the past. While both of them are at the halfway point of their careers, their tenure from TNA enabled them to gain experience and exposure in working on TV with former Divas and several legends who are currently back affiliated with WWE (ex: Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, Dusty Rhodes, and Mick Foley) whom perhaps would like to work with them again. Additionally, WWE might want women that their Divas know very well personally to maintain a positive attitude backstage, since they were reportedly upset when Kharma didn't return. This was likely one of the many reasons why Sara Del Rey was signed last month.

The major shake-ups in WWE management are also monumentally differential. As John Laurinaitis is ousted from his jobs in signing talent, Triple H and his associates have taken over for him. As reported, officials were tired of women with no experience using the WWE as a platform to move on to careers outside of wrestling. Now the WWE is more keen on signing women who put wrestling above all else for long-term success, and Angela and Talia are two women that sit into that criteria to center a "makeover" for the Divas division around for their devotion to the business and prior success in TNA, like Kharma; albeit Talia would likely undergo more training before making her debut. Maybe Vince for once is high on them and would like to build the Divas around them or start an all Divas show for the WWE Network.

The Beautiful People to me have practically been the last two women on Earth expected to join WWE for as long as they've been in TNA. It would have probably taken a whole lot. So if we see them land there one day, it could only mean there are big plans in store for them.

Update: Angel attended "Fetish Con" in Tampa, Florida last Saturday with April Hunter, according to Wrestlinginc.com. She later went on to clarify to them that she was only walking around and has no "kinky plans". Hmm...If she's sticking to the Indies, then why should we care what she does and does not do in such an environment?

Submit "Speculation on The Beautiful People" to Digg Submit "Speculation on The Beautiful People" to del.icio.us Submit "Speculation on The Beautiful People" to StumbleUpon Submit "Speculation on The Beautiful People" to Google

Updated 08-06-2012 at 04:41 PM by Glue

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Ehhhh, you do bring up a few good points here. Despite the Divas getting bad treatment they were TNA's 2 most valuable women and they DID both leave TNA in quite a hurry.

I don't want to see them go to WWE though. They don't even use half the women they already have. But you're right that it doesn't make sense if they don't go because they could still work indy dates while in TNA.

BTW, why don't you call them Velvet and Angelina? Weird...
    Updated 08-04-2012 at 05:36 PM by Glue
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimePosterShorry
    Ehhhh, you do bring up a few good points here. Despite the Divas getting bad treatment they were TNA's 2 most valuable women and they DID both leave TNA in quite a hurry.

I don't want to see them go to WWE though. They don't even use half the women they already have. But you're right that it doesn't make sense if they don't go because they could still work indy dates while in TNA.

BTW, why don't you call them Velvet and Angelina? Weird...
    I wish Velvet stayed in TNA because she was like their poster girl. Angelina could go either way. But as I said WWE must have guaranteed them a whole lot or else they probably still would be with TNA.

I don't call them by those names anymore because TNA most likely owns those names and can't use them anywhere else.
    This was a very good write up and you bring up very good points...I don't see it though. They can't manage their Diva's division as it is.

And you also have to take into consideration that there are reasons why these releases happened, that we don't know about. You can't base everything on what's reported on wrestling "news" websites.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    This was a very good write up and you bring up very good points...I don't see it though. They can't manage their Diva's division as it is.

And you also have to take into consideration that there are reasons why these releases happened, that we don't know about. You can't base everything on what's reported on wrestling "news" websites.
    They left. That's why the releases happened. They were released because they no longer wanted to be there. :P
    I can see TBP in the WWE & why they can't be? I think the WWE can use them well & they would make a great impact for the company.

If the WWE don't use them, they can do other stuff for the company like touring and promoting for the WWE and make good money in between, something they weren't doing while in TNA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepi
    I can see TBP in the WWE & why they can't be? I think the WWE can use them well & they would make a great impact for the company.

If the WWE don't use them, they can do other stuff for the company like touring and promoting for the WWE and make good money in between, something they weren't doing while in TNA!
    That's true. And at least Velvet would be on DWTS if she was there for a couple of years. I'm sure Angelina would still be allowed to appear in her Indy films.

Either they should have stayed in TNA or go to WWE. They'd have to be idiots to stay in the Indies because they know they still have TV potential and draw more than 200 people. The time to head for WWE could never be better. Their window is closing, & certainly they wouldn't have left TNA as quickly as they did if they knew the 'E still didn't want them. Certainly I can't think of any place other than WWE to make Angelina say she's "#soblessed #askreceivebelieve". Because she wasn't blessed enough to be in TNA?

And since they likely talk to Kharma every now and then, they probably miss competing with her. In Kharma's RAW promo last year she called TNA a "dank stank corner of the world" so I doubt she'll head back there. She'll likely be back when she's 100% & she isn't taking Indy bookings now, so she and TBP can't wrestle together in the Indys. They probably asked her "If you were to come back, who would you want to feud with if you could pick any women in the world?". The answer to that couldn't be "Gail Kim".

I wish I was more patient, however.
    Updated 08-05-2012 at 10:19 PM by Glue
    Agreed. Kia (Kharma) replied to a fan on Twitter on July, 24th and the question was ask if she was released by the WWE & she posted "yes, I was. It doesn't mean I'll never be back." So maybe she will be back in the WWE at some point!
    Updated 08-06-2012 at 01:53 AM by Deepi

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.