View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk's Heel Turn

Rate this Entry
[FONT=times new roman][B]Hey everyone. I'm back to share with you my opinion on CM Punk's recent heel turn on RAW 1000 against The Rock. I hope you all enjoy.[/B]

First off, this is the dumbest move made by WWE in recent years. If anybody should be turned heel again, I think it should be Kane, because Kane is slowly becoming a face once more but it just does not fit him. But for now, I am here to talk about CM Punk.

When Punk was a heel in 2010-early 2011, WWE wanted to change him from heel to face, which they did but it was so hard to do it because he was leader of heel stable, The Nexus and because he was too brilliant at being a heel. That was the same with Randy Orton. It was easy to turn Orton face because he was in a stable and they got Legacy to turn on him and Orton immediately became a face wrestler. Instead, they had Punk say what was "on his mind" but he was still a heel. He started getting a good reaction from the crowd for his "pipe bombs" and after he won the WWE Title, he became a "tweener" with a "return" to WWE one night after leaving.

What helped finalise his FACE turn? Standing up to the big guys like Triple H, who was C.O.O. at the time of his turn. He did it so well and had a smart ass, "do what you want and don't take anyone's crap" attitude. Also, after defeating John Cena twice for the title, he was helped into a face turn by the returning Kevin Nash, who laid Punk out, allowing Alberto Del Rio to cash in Money in the Bank, seemingly costing Punk the WWE Championship.

Since then and until now, Punk was one of the greatest wrestlers in WWE. He still is but I do not think it was smart for WWE to turn their WWE Champion into a heel, at least not so soon.

What does this prove? There has to be a reason for this. Yeah sure, Punk will most likely be going one on one with The Rock at the Royal Rumble in January but why turn him heel for THAT?! John Cena hit an Attitude Adjustment on Rock a year before their match at WrestleMania and Cena is still a face. Why not do the same for Punk and plus, when it is a major Face vs. Heel, you can kind of guess that Rock will win BUT with a Face vs. Face, you don't know for sure that the major favourite will win. It was like Cena vs. Rock, everyone knew that Rock would beat Cena, but they weren't 100% sure. In fact, in some of the moments in that match, people were having second thoughts and were starting to believe that Cena was going to pull it off.

I don't know if that supports my argument on why turning Punk heel was a mistake but they are still good reasons to point out. I think they should turn Punk back into a face, maybe after his match against Rock for the WWE Title. Have Punk and Rock shake hands, turning Punk face at Royal Rumble. I don't know but I think Punk should stick with being a face.

[B]I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS POST. LEAVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORTIVE POINTS IF YOU FEEL I HAVE MISSED ANYTHING.[/B][/FONT]

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk's Heel Turn" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk's Heel Turn" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk's Heel Turn" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk's Heel Turn" to Google

Tags: heel turn
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

1 little incident and everyones saying hes heel hilarious and just after they bitched about him for a year. cue the bandwagonriders.
    Do you really believe that CM Punk turned heel????? It didn't seem to me like he did. He has been his own man and just because he truned on THE ROCK 9 (God forbid) and is saying what most wrestling fans have been saying. I do like the Rock but to have him in the title hunt with being gone most of the year is disgusting. As far as the match with Cena, and I am a huge Cena mark, he did what he had to do. Tell me that any wrestler would not take that chance to keep his WWE title. Using kane as an example, was he really a heel? The cheers where still pouring in while he was "heel." Dolph Ziggler is a "heel' but he gets cheered more and more. Once wrestlers gain that respect from fans, then they will always be face. It's half and half for every wwe superstar nowadays.
    you guys are missing something, when Big Show was attacking he just stood here did nothing, not acting like a "honorable man" so they made the fans piss, you heard the boos, Punk is great either face or heel
    "everyone knew that Rock would beat Cena" I'm sure everyone thought Cena was going to win.
    If they really wanted to draw heat have him bring big johnny back
    I would have kept Punk face until RR. Then at RR if Rock does win, have Punk shake his hand and then drop him with the GTS. Even if Punk does keep the title, Punk can still drop Rock with the GTS as a statement that he is the best.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.