View RSS Feed

OneTimePosterShorry

My Wrestlemania 29 card

Rate this Entry
4328e398013c5794a684200a8b5d9e27.jpg‚Äč
My Wrestlemania 29 Card Predictions

I am indeed aware that we haven't even gotten to the halfway point of the WWE season yet with Summerslam still coming up, but it doesn't seem like it hurts to see what the WWE will shape up to be several months from now. This card features ten matches with eight of them being part of the main show. I'm really taking a liking to this card and not just because I written it.

Pre-Show Match #1
"Open Challenge" Divas Tag Match
The Bella Twins vs. "The Beautiful People"

As a big attempt to boost YouTube viewers and last minute PPV buys, this would be a swell idea. You might ask me "why not LayCool instead", that's because I think McCool is still too lazy to come back on the road. The Bellas would definitely be interested in coming back temporarily just to work this match against two big names in women's wrestling making a big surprise WWE debut. But knowing WWE, they will not be going by their TNA names and would be split apart after this night.

Winner(s): "The Beautiful People" at around 4 1/2 minutes.

Pre-Show Match #2
NXT Championship Match
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Jack Swagger

I have a good feeling that next year's Wrestlemania pre-show will be an hour long, and have an additional match added to it. To coincide with the WWE Network and NXT airing, a pre-show match for the NXT title feels like a good way to market the show. Seems like it serves a better purpose than all the pre-show matches in the past.

Winner(s): Seth Rollins at around 6 minutes.

==WRESTLEMANIA 29==
7:00 PM
Metlife Stadium
East Rutherford, NJ

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Zack Ryder vs. Wade Barrett

This match here may sound like a joke, but I have a feeling that big things will come for Ryder in the future. Him continuously plugging his "match" against Dolph for his Internet Championship is a clue it is apparently official by WWE, but as of now, Ziggler is a Money in the Bank Holder. Eventually Ziggler would win the World title, and I predict Barrett will win the Royal Rumble with somehow Ryder getting a guaranteed shot as well.

Winner(s): Dolph Ziggler at around 20 minutes.

Tag Team Match
Christian, Sin Cara, Kane, Sheamus, and Kofi Kingston vs. Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, and Alberto Del Rio.

I do not see the purpose of this match as of now but we all know that the big tag team match is a staple since they removed the Money in the Bank Match. But both of these teams look good and legitimate, they don't appear lopsided at all, no Santino, and it would be cool if it were to happen.

Winner(s): Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, and Alberto Del Rio at around 8 minutes.

Intercontinental Championship Match
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Randy Orton

Knowing the WWE, it wouldn't seem like Ambrose is the guy to get a big push when he hasn't even debuted yet. But I can tell it's bound to happen soon. No sign of him on NXT at all, and since Orton's always the odd one out at Wrestlemania why not put on a program with the younger (and better) Jon Moxley?

Winner(s): Randy Orton at around 14 1/2 minutes.

Chael Sonnen (w/ Dana White) vs. The Miz

Since WWE wants to book a celebrity to compete at every Wrestlemania. I'd like it to be a big athlete who is also a WWE fan. Ahhh but UFC fighters can't compete in a WWE ring you say? Not even if it were an event over a million people would pay to watch? Miz seems like a nice choice for Chael's feud, Alby would be plan B if Miz is injured.

Winner(s): Chael Sonnen at around 3 minutes.

Divas Championship Scramble
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Natalya vs. AJ vs. Eve vs. Sara Del Rey

A match at Wrestlemania you would hardly ever get to witness, since the event's celebrity wrestler isn't a female this time, a real title match would be appropriate. Since AJ is the most over, she would be the most likely to win. Psh, the Divas match can be as long and boring as it wants, you pay for the event in full afterall.

Winner(s): AJ after a 10 minute time limit.

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena

Lesnar's insubordination has led to a number of problems for WWE's usage of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he never wins another match again. A rematch with Cena seems the most likely. I don't think Goldberg would be brought back and Punk appears to be attached to that title even longer. So Cena can go over in a big match with little meaning.

Winner(s): John Cena at around 23 minutes.

The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho

Undertaker yet again will compete at this year's Wrestlemania. Jericho in my eyes is his most likely opponent on account of he's an old man too and may never get the chance to wrestle in another big match again before he's permanently a frontman. 21 - 0. Is there ever any doubt?

Winner(s): Undertaker at around 47 1/2 minutes.

WWE Championship Match
CM Punk (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

Hopefully we get to see Punk vs Bryan III at Wrestlemania, but this time with Bryan as the face and Punk as the heel. Bryan's marketing power has potential for him to headline the big attraction as a good guy, but not necessarily the new face of the WWE. Now with Punk and Bryan proven to be big draws and extremely talented who both can work well in epics of matches, why not another encore at Wrestlemania?

Winner(s): CM Punk at around 31 minutes.

Total match time (excluding pre-show): 2 hours, 37 minutes

Submit "My Wrestlemania 29 card" to Digg Submit "My Wrestlemania 29 card" to del.icio.us Submit "My Wrestlemania 29 card" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Wrestlemania 29 card" to Google

Updated 07-28-2012 at 05:22 PM by OneTimePosterShorry

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I understand this is a dream card, but I think it's safe to say that, you're pretty much dreaming on this whole thing.

And...Daniel Bryan will NEVER HEADLINE WRESTLEMANIA. EVER! EVER! EVER! EVER! There's a chance he will never be in the title picture again. But it is a stone lock that he will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER Headline Wrestlemania. EVER.

I realize those in control of the blog board are in cruise control, much like the WWE, but you should probably save the Wrestlemania Card blogs for like February or March.
    I'm with the Savior. Save them till after Survivor Series at the earliest. But a nice idea nonetheless. Some of those predictions will not happen though. I'm sorry.
    Interesting card. I don't think it'll shape up like this, but none the less, interesting card
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimePosterShorry
    Well he's definitely not facing Cena. They called it "Once In A Lifetime" for a reason.
    Well. I Think that it's Possible. Rock vs. Brock for the Title, Isn't Gonna Happen. Brock will leave after that.
    Rock vs. 'Taker for the title, not gonna happen too. 'Taker will Leave.
    The Only One That will stay, will be John Cena.

And they're not gonna put any other Rising Superstar against The Rock.
    When it's about RR and on wards, that's when we usually get a heap load of Wrestlemania cards. But it's gotten so bad, that people are doing it when it's fucking 9months away.
    Breaking The Miz's streak? I'd say no to that. He is 3-0 at wrestlemania already, and while you may say that it's too far away from Taker's streak to mean anything, just remember that Taker was 3-0 at some point.
    ryder in the whc match? my only problem with it. great card
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.