View RSS Feed

OneTimePosterShorry

8 Reasons Why You Should Expect Kharma This Monday

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
The Timing

Word had it that Kharma said she was going to appear at RAW 1000, as she told a fansite, which later had to remove the report. So if she knew her set return date and openly told people about it, then it doesn't add up to it being her decision to leave because "creative has nothing for her".

Let's see:

Episode 996.
Kharma training to return with personal trainer.
Kharma ready to come back on TV.
Kharma gone? Um, okay.

It would have been more believable to me if this happened a lot earlier, out of focus of the 1000th episode. RAW 1000 is supposedly the biggest episode in the history of the business, as they try to add many surprises to make it must-watch from start to finish, and it's very likely that the Divas will also have a match of some sort.

RAW 1000

Remember that article? Vince said he had a list of Superstars he wanted to keep hidden from WWE so their appearances wouldn't get spoiled. At Extreme Rules, WWE wasn't happy about all the fans predicting Kharma's return. It was too obvious since the Bella Twins were soon to be on their way out of WWE. So they booked Layla to take the Divas title instead. Discouraging reports like these are designed to prevent history repeating itself. We have them babble about how "creative didn't have any ideas for her" when in reality they're trying to avoid becoming a predictable product.

The Conflicting Reports

One report says she was released, TMZ says she was fired, yet another report says it's all an error by WWE's website, and even another says she left to "clear her head" even longer than she has already tried to, and it really took them six days to make their minds up? Which one is it? Not to mention WWE were said to be "pissed" last Thursday about her Twitter profile getting moved early. Why would they be "pissed" if she's no longer under their care? And an even bigger question: Why would they be "pissed" about it if she left on her terms? WWE likely is in on this charade.

Her Importance To The WWE

Besides her, what other Divas are considered over as of now? Very few, AJ and perhaps Kelly Kelly, who is away at this moment. WWE wants her to return, the Divas want her to return, the fans want her to return and she wants to return, which has been a slow, gradual process. Kharma was Triple H's first signing from his backstage role, and it was a success up until her having to go on maternity leave. If Triple H signed people who didn't turn out well, why has he been given privileges to sign more Indy talent?

On a side note: The Wrestling Observer reported that WWE was thinking about a possible feud between Kharma and Sara Del Ray. This was posted the SAME day of her Twitter transfer, and you'll find it if you search news on Del Ray on this very site.

The History of WWE's Summer Contract Cliffhangers

Remember all the chaos surrounding CM Punk's contract status last year? Remember Daniel Bryan's firing the year before that? How many of you were convinced that they were never going to come back to the WWE? This is one of their finest ways WWE likes to pull the strings of the IWC, and it's no different with Kharma. They like to trick the dirt sheet sites, as expressed in the latest episode of "Are You Serious".

The Lack of Acknowledgement by WWE Talents

Aside from all the sources in WWE telling the sites information, none of the wrestlers themselves are confirming it on Twitter. No one is saying ANYTHING on the matter. The Divas commented on the Bella Twins' releases, they also commented on Maxine's departure. And let's not forget how many Knockouts confirmed Angelina Love leaving TNA. Many fans asked the Divas about Kharma but the truth is, they aren't allowed to talk about her, probably because they're acting as if she isn't leaving. The people she works with would be the most trustworthy people regarding their status out of every public image in the WWE. If they aren't saying goodbye, she's not going.

Her Own Twitter

Kharma has been very quiet regarding her status, and it's likely WWE is still monitoring her Tweets as to what she should and should not post. No change in her name, no change in her Twitter handle, she's not accepting bookings as she Tweeted, never did she type the words "released", "quit", or "leaving", and she only has stated that her profile got moved. Nothing else.

What Has Layla Done Lately?

Layla hasn't been given much to do for a while as Divas Champion. She beat Beth Phoenix twice on PPV and hasn't defended her title since. It seems appropriate to me that Kharma would be next to feud with her, I mean Layla isn't over and it's not like she can do things by herself to get over. It wouldn't make much sense for Layla to enter another feud and then Kharma returning during the middle of that feud. Layla has had the opportunity to put her title on the line this Monday, but lost the poll to Christian and his IC title by 2%. And they want this mystery opponent to be a surprise indeed. If Kharma wasn't planned to be this mystery opponent against Layla, who would they have in mind, Kelly Kelly? Because if Kharma isn't coming back, then what are they going to do with Layla?

Submit "8 Reasons Why You Should Expect Kharma This Monday" to Digg Submit "8 Reasons Why You Should Expect Kharma This Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "8 Reasons Why You Should Expect Kharma This Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "8 Reasons Why You Should Expect Kharma This Monday" to Google

Updated 07-19-2012 at 08:55 PM by OneTimePosterShorry

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dude, she's gone. You're reading into nothing.
    Kharma hasn't achieved anything in WWE. Succes until maternity leave? She made her debut 1 may, left 23 may. That's not even long enough for us, the IWC, to become bored and spit her out, which says a lot.

I can't care less if she leaves: I hope she goes somewhere were she can do stuff. WWE has nothing for her, they can't pit her against AJ/Layla and make it look convincing. And we don't need another squash-monster, I'm sick of Brodus/Ryback as it is.
    Very well written blog, but imo, you are wrong. Kharma is gone. Because of the events in her career in the WWE, she is neither an asset, in which it hurts WWE losing her, nor is she an embarrassment. Simply put, she isn't needed. Why bring in someone who can wrestler, to be with women who 80% of them cant
    Alright then, everyone. Think whatever you want, just presenting you with several contradictions.

Bearkg88, care to name me all of them that can't wrestle? 80% is a bold opinion there.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimePosterShorry
    Alright then, everyone. Think whatever you want, just presenting you with several contradictions.

Bearkg88, care to name me all of them that can't wrestle? 80% is a bold opinion there.
    Sure, we will do a comparison. When I say "wrestle" I refer to the ability the women like Trish or Lita or Victoria had. So here are the ones in my opinion, who don't have that ability.

Kelly Kelly
    Eve
    Aksana
    Tamina
    Alicia Fox

The ones who can wrestle
    Beth
    Natalya
    Layla

Ones who I haven't seen wrestle to be able to judge
    AJ
    Kaitlyn

So in comparison to those who I would consider able to wrestle a decent match to those who can't, that is a percentage of 63%, so I was a little off. regardless of those who can or can't wrestle, the Diva's division is no longer a focal point or even a center piece of the WWE. So why take a women wrestler, arguably who would be the best out of all of the ones I previously mentioned, and stick her in a division that has already sunk? Wouldn't it be better to stick her in a company that actually gives their women's division a time to shine on their show...TNA. That's just one mans opinion tho
    Updated 07-19-2012 at 05:10 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
    She seemed to be filled with drama and needy-ness as soon as she entered the door. I mean who just signs with the biggest wrestling promotion then gets pregnant? That just shows where here priorities lay. I feel she should have been more careful.

I think she wanted main event type slack given to her and her personal issues over her professional ones when she had not even done anything in the WWE yet to gain such pull.

She did it to herself and now the diva's division will suffer if she is really fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88
    Sure, we will do a comparison. When I say "wrestle" I refer to the ability the women like Trish or Lita or Victoria had. So here are the ones in my opinion, who don't have that ability.

Kelly Kelly
    Eve
    Aksana
    Tamina
    Alicia Fox

The ones who can wrestle
    Beth
    Natalya
    Layla

Ones who I haven't seen wrestle to be able to judge
    AJ
    Kaitlyn

So in comparison to those who I would consider able to wrestle a decent match to those who can't, that is a percentage of 63%, so I was a little off. regardless of those who can or can't wrestle, the Diva's division is no longer a focal point or even a center piece of the WWE. So why take a women wrestler, arguably who would be the best out of all of the ones I previously mentioned, and stick her in a division that has already sunk? Wouldn't it be better to stick her in a company that actually gives their women's division a time to shine on their show...TNA. That's just one mans opinion tho
    Yes. Well you're saying they need to be total experts at wrestling for them to count as wrestlers? I disagree. If she goes over, she'll dominate them. If she puts opponents over, she'd have to make them look good.

I highly doubt WWE is to blame for the dumb state of the Diva's division. For months I've had the strong belief that it's the repel in ratings and the very little fan interest that keep WWE from approaching it more.

I say she'll be back sooner or later. I highly doubt she'll go back to TNA. One, they don't give ALL the women time to shine. You got one 2 hour program a week and most of those women only earn in the three digit area, so if you don't appear for two months, you make nothing in two months. Two, Kharma did not leave on very good terms with TNA, not only was she mad about the low pay but she was mistreated by Bubba the Love Sponge, Hogan's pal. You can learn more about it here:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/...ment-of-talent
    Updated 07-19-2012 at 08:50 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.