View RSS Feed

akbar

Why Sheamus should lose the title now

Rate this Entry
So in the recent Smackdown episode, Alberto Del Rio has won the no1 contenders fatal four way match to be up against Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship. I have to say I was surprised he won the battle royal, with the apperant feud happening with Rey Mysterio, a one on one between them would've been the guess but it looks like ADR is still going to be after the title.

On to the Champion, Ever since his Royal Rumble win 7 months ago, I don't think I've seen this guy get beat in a singles or a tag team match, he always seems to come out on top. He's almost on the verge of a backlash from the fans if he keeps on winning, no one likes a face constantly winning, you want a underdog to come against odds and win. Which is why CM Punk works so well, if you watch his matches you see that he takes a beating and doesn't always seem invincible.

Another logical reason to make Sheamus lose the title is to help put over ADR with the crowd. We've talked about several time how ADR isn't working but I believe there is hope for him and winning the title of Sheamus in his next match could be the way forward. WWE are insisting on pushing ADR, so he gets all these title shots, time after time. Now then, what is the point making him lose all his matches for the title to Sheamus. WWE I feel have to do one or the other, stop pushing ADR or give him the title now, the crowd are much more likely to get behind Sheamus if he is chasing the title and hate ADR more if he is winning the WHC by normal heel ways like cheating and interferences.

Makes me wonder where Mysterio fits in the equation if ADR goes for the title, possibly a triple threat. Then you have Randy Orton returning this week and is being reported to get a push and there's also Dolph Ziggler with the MITB briefcase hanging about in the title scene. For a second I had felt WWE had made the right decision into putting ADR in a upper mid card feud with Mysterio, this would be good for ADR's standard for awhile instead of the heavy constant push to the title scene.

I like Randy Orton, I don't find him boring like so many people say he is, When Orton returns, he has to and I repeat, he has to come back as a heel. Orton was best as a heel and the viper thing suited a heel character perfectly. Now when he comes back, he needs to take out Sheamus. Orton is probably the only man in smackdown that can boss around Sheamus, this way Sheamus will become the Underdog I was talking about and fans are much more likely to get behind him if he is put in a intense feud with Orton.

I'm still indifferent about Sheamus, his promos are abit generic, the fella thing and being nice to people just doesn't seem to fit his 'Celtic warrior' character. But I understand WWE need to build the future to be faces and it is much easier to be a heel then a face. I read Triple H is big on Sheamus so we wont stop seeing him in the title scene anytime soon.
I'm not criticising Sheamus but I'm giving a way for him to rise further if WWE are planning to make him one of the top faces if he already isn't one and for me, he isn't one just yet.

In a bit everyone.

Submit "Why Sheamus should lose the title now" to Digg Submit "Why Sheamus should lose the title now" to del.icio.us Submit "Why Sheamus should lose the title now" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why Sheamus should lose the title now" to Google

Updated 07-28-2012 at 06:58 PM by akbar

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good blog bro, the underdog thing doesn't fit Sheamus not because he is big guy and supposedly a "great white" so he hsould dominate and win the most matches possible, besides you know the E' don't like to have their top face losing too much
    Randy Boreton is sooo stale. He talks in monotone. His entrance and walk are incredibly slow. His moves are cookie cutter (outside of his version of the diamond cutter). The only times he's actually showed any personality were during his first month long title run and back when he used to give the RKO updates on his shoulder. Outside of that, he's easily the most boring main event guy in the WWE.
    And I am soooo done with Mysterio. The last thing I want to see is another Mysterio v ADR feud. I'd personally rather see Bryan turn face and have a nice feud with ADR. The crowd is dying to see Bryan turn face and he's already one of the most over guys in the company.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.