View RSS Feed

Delirious

Bravo, TNA. You Almost Made Me Believe...

Rate this Entry
To start, I'd like to say I love TNA Wrestling. I've been following the company for about seven years now and I've refused to change the channel, regardless of how poor the product was. As I'm sure everyone would agree, they've gotten a lot better over the past couple of months and I think they are, for the most part, moving in the right direction.

I've been loyal to the company for years, I've attended multiple live events and I was in the first row at Lockdown in 2011. However, regardless of the fact that I love the company, I will not hesitate to provide criticism when it's necessary. And, you've guessed it, that's what I am going to be doing in this blog. My idea behind this blog is very specific, I'm only going to be talking about one small piece of the product. I don't know if more blogs will follow, but I was just so irritated that I had to create a blog for my thoughts.

I've read many blogs on this site and I frequent it quite often, so I thought it was the best place for my post. ANYWAY, enough is enough -- let's get on with it, eh?

A few weeks ago, TNA signed Chavo Guerrero to a contract. I didn't hate the signing, I don't think it was necessary, but I didn't hate it. He's a solid worker, always has been, and I'm sure he carries with him a lot of wisdom that he can drop on some of the younger guys in TNA. However, TNA took an interesting route with this signing. They sent out a press release, advertised him on their website, and they hyped his debut on Impact Wrestling. They were giving Chavo the "star" treatment. They were treating the acquisition of Chavo Guerrero as a "huge step" in the right direction for the company. Come on, really?

The guy has had a view high spots in his career, but he has been a resident of mid-card or below status for most of his tenure in this business. He's had some success in the tag division with Eddie and his biggest claim to fame was winning the ECW World Championship, but by the time he won that belt it meant absolutely nothing. He was a solid Cruiserweight, but that means nothing in the WWE. My point is: the man never reached the Guerrero platform. As I said, always been a solid worker, but he never truly accomplished much. He was designated as a constant jerker of the curtain in WWE towards the end of his stay, which ultimately ended when he requested his release.

The idea behind this is TNA built Chavo up. They made us all believe, or attempted to make us believe, that he was a big star. And you know what? When Chavo made his debut, I started to believe it. I mean, I saw him and I saw Chavo Guerrero, but thanks to TNA's hype - I thought I was looking at a star. A diamond in the rough! A superstar that WWE never utilized. A great signing by TNA! But, after all of that hype, and after they had me believing that Chavo could potentially hang with guys like Kurt Angle and Austin Aries, they put him into a feud with... who?

This is obviously over the top, but between Kid Kash, Gunner, and Hernandez, they've all had as many appearances on TV as Chavo Guerrero in the past three months -- and he just made his freaking debut! Kash and Hernandez have been rotting off-camera for months. They both randomly came back at Slammiversary for a single's match, and Kash was involved in the X-Division stuff at Destination-X (only because TNA had no one else) and Gunner? He hasn't been used since May. These three guys have no heat, no build, and no energy behind them. And now they are going to throw them into a program with Chavo Guerrero?

Great job, TNA. You made me believe, at least for a second, that Chavo was going to be pushed. But nope, instead he has to float in useless land with Kash, Hernandez, and Gunner. I couldn't careless about Kash and Hernandez, I think Gunner should be TV champ, but that's neither here nor there. They gave Chavo so much hype, so much awesome-ness behind his debut, and then they just threw it all away with some random, out-of-no-where feud. I don't care if Kash and Guerrero have a past history, it's in the past for a reason. This is a new start for Chavo, where we thought he was going to be a star.. but evidently not.

Sorry, I was just ranting and venting in this blog. I felt like TNA did very well making Chavo appear like a big time star, but then they just said "forget it, we have nothing for him" and threw some under-utilized workers his way.

Good luck, Chavo. Here's to hoping you still have a contract after this feud.

If I do any more blogs in the future, they probably won't be like this. I was just really upset about their handling of his debut and I wanted to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Submit "Bravo, TNA. You Almost Made Me Believe..." to Digg Submit "Bravo, TNA. You Almost Made Me Believe..." to del.icio.us Submit "Bravo, TNA. You Almost Made Me Believe..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Bravo, TNA. You Almost Made Me Believe..." to Google

Updated 07-28-2012 at 12:41 AM by Delirious

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Give it time, man. Be patient. Think of it this way. TNA could use this to build up Chavo and get some legitimacy behind him. Instead of pushing him straight to the top ala Alberto Del Rio style.

We all saw what Chavo was in WWE. Basically, he was the horse's ass end of the Guerrero legacy. His character was a whiner and he was stuck in a rut where he constantly losing to Horneswaggle. How believable would it be to shove him right into a feud a top guy to put him over? And what would it say about the top talent in TNA? A do-nothing WWE reject comes right in and takes out TNA's top guys? Not sure how good of an idea that would be, without at least some build up.
    Updated 07-28-2012 at 09:45 AM by DK Wrestling Savior
    I have posted following in the first thread abt his signing with TNA in this website:

SUperb!!! Kudos to TNA for signing in Chavo...he can also bring international fans to TNA...his run in Ring Ka KIng is very gud...In RKK he was introduced as Eddie's nephew n ppl popped for him every time he came in the ring...when ever he showed his finger into sky..a portion of fans did eddie chants....n in few occasions I have seen chavo's eyes wet when eddie chants came in INDIA...

If he can get such pop in India...he surely can get in US...

Infact my first thread here in EWN is AA vs Chavo for X-Div Championship...I thought there is no one worthy enough for AA to lose the title n hence, expected Chavo winning on him...but, they planned better things for AA n now they can use Chavo better tooo..

Let him handle X-Division....ATB to Chavo!!!
    I still back my words..if he can make ppl in India (which is not a traditional pro-wrestling market) chant for him...he can do that in US also...n him being Guerrero will bring INTERNATIONAL FANS
    Like DK said...WWE has ruined his credibility by making him lose to Hornwoggle n his that stupid idiotic gimmick of Swagger soaring eagle...damn!!!

That's why they are giving him a platform to gain some credibility...and again him n Hernandez teaming means we get a redefined LAX n hell put Hector as their manager you'll have a great team..(Darkside Ron Garvin's idea in other thread)
    I feel like this is more about the name Guerrero than anything else. TNA hypes up that they've signed a Guerrero to there product, regardless of what Chavo's WWE run ended on, and some fans will tune in to watch each Thursday night.

Of course this goes without saying that Chavo's career will not end on a sour note now. He can put the Hornswoggle garbage away and start fresh.
    Throughout Chavo's not so illustrious career he's jobbed out on numerous occasions, putting over talent, worked his ass off, and paid his dues. If TNA can market him the way the E' did Eddie, they may be on to something.
    Sometimes it takes wrestlers their whole careers before they break through and shine. Chavo is an amazing talent, and if pushed correctly he may one day hold a title of heavyweight prestige. I may not agree with his first feud in the land of TNA, but what with the BFG series and all the other story lines at the moment, I have to agree with the direction they are pushing him in.

Good blog, and thanks for the read.
    I love how all these people just concentrate on the most recent aspects of his time with WWE and conveniently forget the many occassions where they tried to get him over as a singles wrestler, without Eddie (RIP) there to improve his standing. Selective memory is a wonderful thing when trying to make it fit your agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979
    I love how all these people just concentrate on the most recent aspects of his time with WWE and conveniently forget the many occassions where they tried to get him over as a singles wrestler, without Eddie (RIP) there to improve his standing. Selective memory is a wonderful thing when trying to make it fit your agenda.
    It's not selective memory, it's called lasting impression. Unfortunately, Chavos last big feud was with Horneswaggle, and so, most people remember him for that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.