View RSS Feed

Nichols

Was it really a heel turn?

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
I don't think CM Punks actions was really a heel turn. He's always been kind of a tweener in my opinion. His character has been the face that speaks his mind. In the same realm as Steve Austin. Despite his actions he will still be cheered.

I may be going to deep into it but his character needs to hold onto the Championship. It will be him against the management again in the form of his frustration that despite being the Champion for almost a year, and participating in arguably the best matches on almost all of his Pay Per View matches, yet he never headlines because the company is and will always be behind John Cena.

Why wouldn't they be? Cena has proven to be a seat filler and a ratings draw. People who love him want to see him be the hero he is. People who hate him buy a ticket or a ppv in order to hopefully see him fail. It is unfortunate that Punk is the number 2 in the PG era.

Where I see this playing out. CM Punk is frustrated being Number 2. He is frustrated that no matter how long he has the title or who he faces he doesn't main event. He is frustrated, the movie star can just come back and get a title shot when his schedule permits. Punk has done much to restore credibility in the title. He will most likely realize that despite turning heads with his pipe bombs last year, his position in the company has not changed.

A heel turn? Not really. Just a much needed boost in his character. Punk can hang with anyone. Let him loose!

Submit "Was it really a heel turn?" to Digg Submit "Was it really a heel turn?" to del.icio.us Submit "Was it really a heel turn?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Was it really a heel turn?" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowebin
    If EWN has posted it, it must be true.
    Im pretty sure it was a heel turn.
    I am really hoping WWE doesn't drop the ball on this one. I hope Punk's character is motivated by these exact reasons you posted here. I am hoping they don't go with his typical wannabe straight edge messiah heel persona. He's past that one dimensional design has been for over a year now.
    Finally, someone gets it!

I am not convinced either. Thats not to say he isn't going to be a heel, but dont go on one action. Remember Cena gave The Rock an AA last year out of nowhere. It didn't make him a heel
    How arent you guys getting it?? Remember that like 2-3 week period when Cena came out and cut those promos on Rock, talking about "rock came home and said he wouldnt leave again, and then he left" and the stuff about the notes on rocks arm, etc.....it was some of those promos that made most cena haters think "he has a point" and some of those crowds which were mostly pro-rock, started to waver. Except of course in Miami. Now picture one of the best promos in this history of this business, CM Punk, doing promos along those lines to the rock. Who will no doubt be via satellite more often then in the arena. The fans WILL back Punk. And come the time their match happens, it wont be in Miami and I will be stunned if rock was not boo'd while punk is cheered. Mark my words. But yes, the current intent is punk is the heel but it doesnt stand a chance. Good blog bud.
    this was not a heel turn this is punk taking the first shot
    I agree just because Punk attacked The Rock doesn't automatically make it a heel turn and could be explained as frustration....however to me what sold it as a heel turn was the commentators reaction to it.

Cole and Lawler both made comments on the fact that Punk left Cena to get pummelled by Big Show, they seemed disheartened with Punks actions and made a comment that Punk had turned his back on the WWE universe.

As the commentators are fed lines directly by some of the senior management ie vince/HHH it would seem to me they definatitly wanted to get across he was turning heel. If it was just frustration then the commentary team would have implied that.

However I've been wrong before so let's wait until Monday and see!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzaschofield
    I agree just because Punk attacked The Rock doesn't automatically make it a heel turn and could be explained as frustration....however to me what sold it as a heel turn was the commentators reaction to it.

Cole and Lawler both made comments on the fact that Punk left Cena to get pummelled by Big Show, they seemed disheartened with Punks actions and made a comment that Punk had turned his back on the WWE universe.

As the commentators are fed lines directly by some of the senior management ie vince/HHH it would seem to me they definatitly wanted to get across he was turning heel. If it was just frustration then the commentary team would have implied that.

However I've been wrong before so let's wait until Monday and see!
    This guy gets it. Great analysist.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.