View RSS Feed

Nichols

Was it really a heel turn?

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
I don't think CM Punks actions was really a heel turn. He's always been kind of a tweener in my opinion. His character has been the face that speaks his mind. In the same realm as Steve Austin. Despite his actions he will still be cheered.

I may be going to deep into it but his character needs to hold onto the Championship. It will be him against the management again in the form of his frustration that despite being the Champion for almost a year, and participating in arguably the best matches on almost all of his Pay Per View matches, yet he never headlines because the company is and will always be behind John Cena.

Why wouldn't they be? Cena has proven to be a seat filler and a ratings draw. People who love him want to see him be the hero he is. People who hate him buy a ticket or a ppv in order to hopefully see him fail. It is unfortunate that Punk is the number 2 in the PG era.

Where I see this playing out. CM Punk is frustrated being Number 2. He is frustrated that no matter how long he has the title or who he faces he doesn't main event. He is frustrated, the movie star can just come back and get a title shot when his schedule permits. Punk has done much to restore credibility in the title. He will most likely realize that despite turning heads with his pipe bombs last year, his position in the company has not changed.

A heel turn? Not really. Just a much needed boost in his character. Punk can hang with anyone. Let him loose!

Submit "Was it really a heel turn?" to Digg Submit "Was it really a heel turn?" to del.icio.us Submit "Was it really a heel turn?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Was it really a heel turn?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    this would fit pretty well in the cm punk heel turn thread on the forums. I would agree with you but especially when he was facing d bry he was a clear face. He denied aj's engagement offer and said he didn't care if he lost his title because of it, IMO major face move. whereas d bry playing the tweener during that feud was willing to marry aj just to win the title. now all of a sudden cm punk cares more about the title and wants more respect, if that's not a heel turn it's atleast a major character shift from his previous feud.
    Even though this is a brilliant post, eWrestling News already posted an article confirming his heel turn. This is one of if not THE dumbest move WWE has made. It was so hard to turn him face and he was only a face for a little over a year and now he is a heel again.
    He attacked the most popular wrestler in the history of wrestling. he got booed by teh majority of the arena. It's a heel turn. Of course it really depends on what he says monday, so just sit tight and watch instead of doing more retarded dirt sheet speculating, yeah?
    I'm not sold on this heel turn. The Rock is ONE of the most popular wrestlers in history. He is supply and demand. If he was full time right now, the reactions he would get would be completely different. Just because EWN says it is, i am not sold on it. I think the logical way for this to play out is, he will not be forgotten about. He is the champ for a reason and he can still be a frustrated babyface. Frustrated that Cena gets the main events, despite above average performances from Punk and he is frustrated that The Rock can come in and make a match. What would the point be to put the title on a barely part time performer. They have done so well in bringing some credibility back to the titles by having longer reigns.

And very sorry to offend dragonsrevenge.
    Don't apologise, it's your opinion. If he wants to get his arse in his hands and comment like a 12 year old, that's up to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfan
    Even though this is a brilliant post, eWrestling News already posted an article confirming his heel turn. This is one of if not THE dumbest move WWE has made. It was so hard to turn him face and he was only a face for a little over a year and now he is a heel again.
    If EWN has posted it, it must be true.
    When Punk was walking out Jerry Lawler said 'Punk has turned his back on the wwe universe' meaning he's turned heel.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.