View RSS Feed

BennyTheBall

Ramblings of a Madman: Just for the hell of it

Rate this Entry
It’s no secret that I am against the mentality of using WWE Superstars from days gone by to grab ratings. I am an advocate of making stars out of the current crop of workers that are there, and only using ‘Legends’ to put over new talent and develop storylines.

Raw 1000, for the most part, seemed to use the same thought process as me, and it was great to see. With Heath Slater ‘feuding’ with Legends over the past few weeks, it was great to see some of the old faces come back to bring some closure to that angle.

Of course, The Rock made his return and it was, again, great to see what could turn out to be a very interesting and intense storyline between CM Punk and The Great One. He most certainly was there to help bring closure the Daniels/Punk feud, help create a bridge to the Cena/Punk match, and if WWE are going the way we all assume they are, it will move on nicely to a feud between Rock and Punk.

All very good examples on how to use legends. Now can someone please explain to me the point of The Undertaker being there?

Kane stands in the ring and is about to be ambushed by some jobbers who have less collective wins this year than I have fingers. Out comes The Undertaker to a great reaction and it was great to see him and Kane kick ass. But seriously, was that it? The biggest name in the industry was used to beat up a few jobbers? Just for shits and giggles?

I know how important it was to have ‘taker at Raw 1000, but I am going to say something controversial – I would have left him off it, and here is the reason why: Brock Lesnar.

Now to me, Brock Lesnar is a waste of space and I would be more than happy to see him leave and never come back. He has a great talent, but he lost all my respect by saying “I believe God put me on this earth to be a professional wrestler” and his parting gift before going to the NFL? The match against Goldberg, where the only interesting thing that happened was Stone Cold Steve Austin delivering a couple of stunners. That match there was a lack of respect from both competitors to all who have supported them.

But now he’s back, and we make our way to Summerslam. Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H. If I was going to book this match, Brock Lesnar should completely annihilate Triple H, and I mean full on annihilate. Maybe even have Shawn Michaels come out for a failed save attempt. Match is over, Brock is declared the winner, and it would have been at this point where I would have bought back The Undertaker.

If you think back to The Undertaker vs Triple H at Wrestlemania, it was declared the end of an era. Now that three-way hug at the end of the match would actually help with a Lesnar/Undertaker feud, because ‘taker could come back to fight for the honour of that era, after seeing Triple H and Shawn Michaels badly beaten up.

This in no way helps puts new talent over, but let’s face it – Brock isn’t back to help breed the next generation. So instead, let’s have him bow down to those who bleed WWE blood.

More specifically, Brock Lesnar should bow down to The Undertaker.

Submit "Ramblings of a Madman: Just for the hell of it" to Digg Submit "Ramblings of a Madman: Just for the hell of it" to del.icio.us Submit "Ramblings of a Madman: Just for the hell of it" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ramblings of a Madman: Just for the hell of it" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think i like this madman
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.