View RSS Feed

bearkg88

WBC Series #10: 1,000th Raw

Rate this Entry

What is up guys? It is time for another edition of WBC, and this week topic, is this coming Mondays 1,000th Raw. The champ Renevious will defend his title against a well known blogger on EWN, Rated_RobKO! Let's take a look at Rob's blog first!

Rated_R(ob)KO

What do you think will be the highlight of Raw?
Personally I'm looking forward to the WWE Championship match. I know CM Punk is going to lose. But, the fact that he'll be even defending it on the 1,000th episode is quite awesome to me. CM Punk has had a lot of milestones in his career though so truth be told, It MIGHT be hard to call but, I think that match alone could be one of the biggest highlights.

Do you think the Cena vs Punk match will deliver like it has in the past? Why or why not?
To basically continue, of course it will deliver. CM Punk, like RVD did, brings out the best of Cena. Cena comes out of his comfort zone and his "protective shell" to put on an actual performance. He may not sell or anything but, he does his best when he has a better wrestler in the ring with him. And its been proven time and again that CM Punk is indeed a better wrestler than him.

Out of the superstars confirmed, who are you most excited to see and why?
I'm most excited to see Bret Hart. And a basically simple answer to that will be to see who he's out there with, and his interactions with the newer guys. I'm hoping we get some sort of cool moment with him.

Out of superstars not confirmed, but a possibility, who would you like to see and why?
I REALLY want to see STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN! I know he'll be there, he CAN'T miss that night. No doubt in my mind. And there's TWO things I want to see happen with him: 1.) "YES!" and "WHAT?" duel with Daniel Bryan and 2.) The confirmation of CM Punk VS Stone Cold for WM XXIX. I need that.

What do you think of this whole wedding between Daniel Bryan and AJ?
I think it's going to end in a weird angle with Kane. Something is going to happen, and it will not actually be what we think it will be. I'm very interested in it though but, I think no matter what it will be a waste of time. It may be a mildly entertaining waste of time but... truth be told, unless Hornswoggle is the ring bearer, I think we'll be okay.

Do you think there will be 1 or 2 GM's named for Raw and SD, or do you think there will only be 1 GM for both shows? Who do you think it will be?
I personally think we'll get two GM's. One for SD and obviously RAW respectively. And I honestly think it will be someone that's never had the job before. I think EDGE will become the RAW GM and I think that another retired Superstar will be the GM of SD, possibly Bret Hart. I enjoyed him with his brief GM appearances in 2010 with the Nexus stuff. He did botch a lot but, you can edit all of that on SD if needed.

What do you think the Rock is going to say in regards to his quest for the WWE title?
I think it will be The Rock who is the deciding factor in the WWE Championship match in all honesty. It would be really cool to see him screw John Cena out of the win so CM Punk can retain but, I have a feeling that he'll somehow make Cena win so he can specifically face Cena, maybe at SummerSlam. I'd like to see a Triple Threat match happen though between those three men at SummerSlam. Hell, CM Punk will be in his first PPV main event in eight months at that point.

Final question, do you think we will see The Undertaker? Why or why not?
I think Undertaker will be there. He's not being "promoted" per say but, they're showing him in the commercials for the show so, I don't see why he wouldn't be there in all honesty. I do think we'll get something cool out of it as well. And realistically, why the hell not? It's the 1,000th episode and he's The Undertaker. That's peanut butter and chocolate, man.

A great blog from Rob! Up next is the champ!

Renevious

Hey guys, Renevious here again. What's up? It looks like it's time for another title defense. This time we're talking about the historic 1000th RAW episode. Let's begin...

What do you think will be the highlight of Raw?
Well, hopefully there will be multiple highlights, considering this is the milestone of all milestones in television. Plus, the fact that it is a 3 hour show should give them plenty of time to do several great things. With that being said, I think it will be a toss up between the Triple H/Brock Lesnar showdown and whatever the hell they decide to do with the Rock. But I'm still gonna keep my fingers crossed for a bad ass Undertaker appearance. And I'll be looking for a surprise appearance by the Warrior, but Lord knows I'm not holding my breath for that, lol.

Do you think the Cena vs Punk match will deliver like it has in the past? Why or why not?
I think this question sort of answers itself. If it always delivered in the past, why the hell wouldn't it deliver this time? CM Punk and John Cena are two guys who (regardless of how you feel about them) live for this business. They truly are devoted to their craft, and they give 100% every night. Say what you want about Cena's in-ring skills, but the man always steps his game up and puts on a great match when the time is right. Now I've been reading that they might make Cena the first guy to be unsuccessful at cashing in the briefcase, and I have to say that is definitely what needs to be done. I just wrote a blog on why MITB is no longer exciting, and part of it was due to the 100% success rate and how no wrestler could bounce back from being the first one to lose. But just as the WWE may be thinking, I'd have to agree that if any one man could pull it off it would have to be Cena. Not to mention, this could open the door for lots of different directions that his character could take after suffering that type of loss. I just hope that if it happens, they keep it clean. This match has the makings to be something special, and I would hate to see some stupid Big Show or Rock run-in to mess it up.

Out of the superstars confirmed, who are you most excited to see and why?
Bret Hart. Because it's Bret Hart. Piper comes on a little too often for it to really be a huge deal, and his segments can be rather hit or miss (case in point, Cindy Lauper train-wreck). I couldn't give two shits about DX coming back, and most of the other names are guys who already work in the back anyway. It's like, hey let's bring back a surprise appearance by the legendary Dean Malenko. Ok, well can somebody go grab him backstage since he's here already? That's weak. But Bret Hart never gets old to me. I know his opinions and ego are a bit much sometimes, but damn. It's Bret 'the Hitman' Hart. Any list of greatest matches of all time I've ever made has usually ended up with him involved in at least half of them. That really does speak for itself. Dolph says it's not showing off if you can back it up. Well, when was a time when Bret didn't back it up? ...Exactly.

Out of superstars not confirmed, but a possibility, who would you like to see and why?
Well, I did touch on this in a previous question, but I would mark the fuck out if the Ultimate Warrior showed up. I can't really imagine anyone who wouldn't absolutely lose their shit to see a surprise that epic happen on what has become such a predictable cookie cutter show every week. Talk about throwing a wrench into the machine. Now I doubt that many of you feel this way also, but I wouldn't be totally honest with you if I didn't say this other person too. It would make my year to see one of my all-time favorites and the grossly under-rated Marty Jannetty show up for just one segment. I'm a huge Jannetty mark, and I can't deny how bad ass it would be to see him in the ring again on RAW.

What do you think of this whole wedding between Daniel Bryan and AJ?
Eh, I don't know. I'm sure something interesting will happen with it at the last minute. I have to admit that when all this first started I thought it was lame as hell. But AJ has really proven to hold her own as a very solid character on the show. They have managed to keep this story interesting and to leave people guessing. I honestly had no idea how the match at MITB was going to end up, and that's saying a lot considering how predictable everything else has been lately. They'll be some sort of twist for sure. We'll just have to tune in and find out.

Do you think there will be 1 or 2 GM's named for Raw and SD, or do you think there will only be 1 GM for both shows? Who do you think it will be?
I wish it would be just one, but I have a feeling it will be two. As far as work schedule and travel goes, it seems to make more sense to have a different person for each show. That way one person isn't stuck having to be on every single program. This is another tough thing to predict, but if you put a gun to my head and forced to me to spit out names, I think I'd have to go with Foley for RAW and Teddy Long for Smackdown. If they're truly wanting these GM's to be "permanent", they need to not be heels. Heel GM's are only good to fuel a storyline in the short term, and as soon as they run their course they get booted. A face, or better yet, a NEUTRAL GM would be the best way to go for the long term. Just use people who will "book" good matches, treat everyone the same, and stay the hell out of the storylines. It has been done to death, and we need a break.

What do you think the Rock is going to say in regards to his quest for the WWE title?
Hey, I'm the Rock and I want the WWE Title. Oh shit, I gotta run! See you guys at Wrestlemania!

Final question, do you think we will see The Undertaker? Why or why not?
Yes, I do. The word on the dirt sheets is that it will depend on whether or not creative has a role for him for Summerslam. I disagree. He's the only member of the active roster who was there for the very first episode of Monday Night Raw when he whooped up on Damien Dimento. The show just wouldn't be the same without him. He's the cornerstone of the WWE. I know one day he'll have to hang it up for good, but until then, Monday Night Raw needs the Undertaker.

Well guys, thanks as always for reading. Like me or not, I definitely appreciate the time you spend reading everything I write. So, until next time, take care. God Bless...

Ok, A great blog from Renevious also! This should be a close one! Make sure to vote for which blogger you agreed more with!

Submit "WBC Series #10: 1,000th Raw" to Digg Submit "WBC Series #10: 1,000th Raw" to del.icio.us Submit "WBC Series #10: 1,000th Raw" to StumbleUpon Submit "WBC Series #10: 1,000th Raw" to Google

Comments

Renevious takes this - If the Warrior showed up, Ima run around naked in the streets of London
    All for Rated_R(ob)KO except Renevious is band on about every fan marking the fuck out if warrior comes out, so have to go with Renevious on that
    Shit this was hard.

Q 1 - RKO for actually pinpointing a highlight of the night
    Q 2 - Ren for the theory involving the brief case
    Q 3 - Ren for the explination and comparison to the likes of a "Dean Malenko"
    Q 4 - RKO... An unpredicted Warrior sighting could be cool, but the dueling "What?"/"YES!" is what sold me
    Q5 - RKO for giving a prediction in the possibility of where the angle will go
    Q6 - Ren for his picks and comment on "heel" GMs being played out
    Q7 - RKO since it was a throw away question for Ren
    Q8 - Ren for pointing out that Undertaker was indeed on the original Raw. The only other person who was on the original show that will be used is HBK.

4 questions for each, but I'm going to go with the best logic I know possible in these situations. Ren was tails, so my vote is for Renevious for the win
    I think I'd side with Rated_R(ob)KO.
    Please view my blog. First time writer: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...eMania-29-Card
    Both are close, but I'll give it to Renevious.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.