View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts

Rate this Entry

What is up guys? So we have reached episode 999. Next week is the historic 1,000th Raw, and well...I hope it is a lot better than the recent weeks have been. Let me get right into it. I'll start with the Good.

The Good
*Rey Mysterio's return
*Ziggler/Jericho
*Rikishi Returns

First up, Mysterio's return. I was surprised by this because according to reports they were waiting for the 1,000th Raw. I had a mini mark out moment. Thinking about it now, I wouldn't be surprised in the next 6 months to year we see him injured again. I hope not...but that seems to be the trend. Back to the return tho. It was good to see the fans pop big time for him, and to see Rey still has it. Up next, the Ziggler/Jericho promo. First with that, what was up with Vickie being Ziggler's little parrot, repeating each of his last words. That to me was more annoying and pointless than EXCUSE ME! I'm glad to see Ziggler get some promo time though. Was it a promo that we are going to remember a year from now? No. It was a decent/good promo. I liked the interaction with Jericho though. I hope this leads to a Jericho/Ziggler feud, with Jericho either being a face or tweener. I was pondering who the legend this week would be, low and behold, it was Rikishi! It was nice to see the dude back, as well as the segment afterwards with his sons.

The Bad
* Del Rio vs Ryder
*Swagger vs Ryback
* Brodus vs JTG

First up, Ryder vs Rio. This match just sucked, and that's just my opinion. It was pointless, it didn't serve anything gain wise for Ryder or Del Rio, and imo, after losing to Sheamus last night, beating Ryder doesn't gain Del Rio any momentum. If it wasn't for the fact Mysterio came back after this, I would consider this segment the worst of the night. Now on to Swagger vs Ryback. At first I thought Swagger was going to have a ray of hope, getting that offense in. How wrong was i. I have the same problem with Ryback, as I do Brodus, and you'll see why soon. This wasn't a match, and even if the bell had rung, it wouldn't have been. Now on to Brodus vs JTG. Back to my point as to what problem I have with Brodus and Ryback. Look at Sheamus, Punk, Cena, HHH, or Christian. They have all had storylines and feuds in recent months. Since being here, neither Brodus or Ryback have had that. They both have gotten to the point where they need them. Yes, I know the progression they are going through with Ryback, but still, he has been around long enough to warrant a feud or storyline. To me, it's a waste of time bringing these two out for short squashes if it's not leading to anything meaningful.

The Indifferent
*D-Bry/AJ vs Eve/Miz
*Air Truth vs PTP
*Punk/Show promo
*Punk vs Show

First up, the intergender tag match. This wasn't anything interesting. I get why it occurred, and the storyline it is progressing, but this whole wedding of AJ/Bryan thing just bores me. I'm hoping it leads to something more. Now time for A Truth vs PTP. Another match that didn't excite me. After last night, I was smelling a triple threat match between primo/epico vs PTP vs Air Truth. Hopefully we get that at Summerslam, and not on some Raw or SD as a throw away match. Finally, the Punk/Show promo. This didn't wow me, but it wasn't dreadful. It was just, meh. Lastly, the Punk vs Show match. I had remembered reading reports there might be a Show vs Punk feud. Gosh I hope not. This match wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Punk has the ability to be great. Why stick him with someone who at best is a B level wrestler.

Overall
The final Raw before the 1,000th, well, wasn't spectacular. It wasn't the cluster fuck that was last week, but it wasn't leaps and bounds ahead of it. If i rated this Raw I would give it a 2, on a scale of 1 to 5.

Random Thoughts
*MITB
*Sheen Off Raw
*Kharma

First up, MITB. This PPV was decent. Taking out the Ryback match and the Diva's match, the match I was least entertained by was the Sheamus vs Del Rio match. I just don't think it was entertaining. The match I liked the most was of course, Bryan vs Punk. Next topic, Charlie Sheen. It must suck for the WWE, to be hyping a guy who is going to tweet during the 1,000th Raw, for the guy to shut down his twitter account. Finally, Kharma. The rumor is she might be getting released, she might not be. Frankly at this point, I don't think it matters. Hear me out. She has been involved in the WWE for over a year now, and hasn't done ANYTHING! Why have her stick around for the Diva's division, when that division is essentially a pile of poo? Id rather see her back in TNA, and blowing the Knockouts division up.

Well guys, I'm looking forward to any thoughts and comments. Until next week, stay Raw!

Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to Digg Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Great recap as always bro. I enjoyed this Raw. The only thing I disagree with you on is the Swagger and Ryback exchange. It was different and it made Swagger look good in my opinion.

And your gonna laugh lol but it just hit me why you say "Uncooked". It means Raw lol I take a while to catch on. Anyway, good read bro. Take care.
    Awesome...I've been waiting all day for Uncooked to post. Since I don't do a Raw Review anymore, I'll use yours to voice a few points here.

1. I agree with your good...and yes, that was all that was good. About Ziggler/Jericho...Take this to the bank. Jericho will con Ziggles out of the briefcase. I'm predicting it now.

2. This is going to get me so much heat...but Thank God Bryan's out of the title picture. What a sigh of relief this is.

3. Finally, I fully agree with you about Kharma. I am at the point now where I could care less and even if/when she does return, I'll yawn repeatedly.

Awesome Uncooked this week. You're pretty much right on point. I am really excited about the 1000th Episode of Raw, but....I'm not sure I'm excited about anything WWE following next Monday.

I'm bring a special Abdominal Stretch this week, check it out when it's up.

Thanks again for the great Raw Reviews.
    Before I get into your review; @knox- DUDE!!! your not the only one who's feeling slow! LOL
    @TheSavior- Can't wait for A.S

Now for my take on this weeks' "Uncooked";

The Good- Rey's return caught me off guard. What with San Diego being the host of tonight's Smackdown, I figured they would hold off for one more night.

Ziggler getting promo time was a nice touch. Regardless if Vickie was sounding like a parrot, she simply was doing her job. The crowd was dead, and she was trying get some type of reaction out of them.... Nice to see Jericho will be putting over another talent in the near future.

Never was a fan of Rikishi. I'll admit I liked the touch they added with his sons.

The Bad/The Indifferent- You nailed it.

My Random Thoughts- Expect a Kane angle to take part in next weeks' wedding. As for Kharma.... Her parting ways with the E' could all be kayfabe. Hell they may even surprise us all come the 1000th episode.... I'll agree though, I seriously could care less...

Great Review yet again bud. Looking forward to reading next weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by knox
    Great recap as always bro. I enjoyed this Raw. The only thing I disagree with you on is the Swagger and Ryback exchange. It was different and it made Swagger look good in my opinion.

And your gonna laugh lol but it just hit me why you say "Uncooked". It means Raw lol I take a while to catch on. Anyway, good read bro. Take care.
    Well I'll be damned, always wondered why he called it Uncooked. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by knox

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this Raw nonetheless. I've learned to look at Raw and not be expecting anything. That way when it's bad I'm not disappointed and if it's good im surprised. To me, this one overall was fair, but i still enjoyed it.

And I can see your POV with Swagger/Ryback. Mine just differs
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Awesome...I've been waiting all day for Uncooked to post. Since I don't do a Raw Review anymore, I'll use yours to voice a few points here.

1. I agree with your good...and yes, that was all that was good. About Ziggler/Jericho...Take this to the bank. Jericho will con Ziggles out of the briefcase. I'm predicting it now.

2. This is going to get me so much heat...but Thank God Bryan's out of the title picture. What a sigh of relief this is.

3. Finally, I fully agree with you about Kharma. I am at the point now where I could care less and even if/when she does return, I'll yawn repeatedly.

Awesome Uncooked this week. You're pretty much right on point. I am really excited about the 1000th Episode of Raw, but....I'm not sure I'm excited about anything WWE following next Monday.

I'm bring a special Abdominal Stretch this week, check it out when it's up.

Thanks again for the great Raw Reviews.
    Thanks for the comments bro!! You know, on the Ziggler/Jericho thing, you might be right. I could see Jericho bating Ziggler in to a match at SS with the briefcase on the line.

As for D-Bry, while it stinks he is out of the title picture, i think since WM till now, he has cemented himself in a top spot....hopefully
    So to the four who have commented already, and those who are other readers, I came up with the Uncooked thing because I couldn't think of a catchy name to describe reviewing Raw. Gotta admit though, it cracked me up when I read you all just realized it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.