View RSS Feed

bearkg88

End Of The Diva's

Rate this Entry
What is up everybody? So this isn't a normal Uncooked Blog or WBC blog, this is a blog based on a thought I've been having recently. I know this may or may not get some heat from others on the site, but I thought I had a valid thought, and wanted to see what others think. The other day I got into a discussion with a fellow blogger over the diva's division, but more specifically, Kharma. Here is the blog.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...ma-This-Monday

Now, while having this discussion with the blogger, the understanding I took from him was that he saw Kharma as WWE's answer to changing the Diva's division around and getting it back on track. I could be wrong on that, but that's how I took his comments. Anyways, I don't think that is the case, as I don't think 1 single female wrestler could turn things around. That got me to thinking about the Diva's division. See, I became a wrestling fan in 2002. A time when there was Trish Stratus, Lita, Molly Holly, Victoria, and others. A time when the women's division was interesting. There were real feuds that mattered. When they had a title that meant something. Since then, things have gone down hill. Just take a look.

Women On the Roster
There are only a handful of women on the roster who can actually wrestle. Even then, they don't put on 5 star matches that we get with male wrestlers. In recent years, the best we've gotten is a 3..maybe 4 star match from the women. Even then, those have been scarce.

The Championship
Look at the championship, the Diva's Championship. People want to make fun of the tag titles, look at this freaking belt. We are talking about women who are suppose to be able to kick from ass and make names for themselves, and the champ is stuck with this fru fru belt? Really?

Feuds
Since the start of 2012, name some feuds involving Diva's for me. Tamina vs Beth? Layla vs Beth? Those are the ONLY two that come to mind, and those don't sparkle. They were dull at best. Remember when feuds between the champ and challenger in the women's division was interesting? Remember the first ever womens steel cage match with Lita and Victoria?

Match Quality
The quality of the matches, which I touched on previously, just stinks. To me its a mixture of pairing women who can't wrestle with women who can, giving them a minute to 5 minutes and saying "Go out there, do some moves, shake your ass and boobs, and make everyone happy". When in this year have we gotten a 3 star Diva's match? I can't name any. At best I can name 2 star matches. Add on to that, getting throw away matches on PPV's. I remember reading comments from others saying "And the diva's came on, so I knew i had 2 minutes to take a piss, or I had 3 minutes to go get something to eat". I know when I see a throwaway match on the PPV involving the Diva's I instantly think..."And they couldn't have given us something better?"

Conclusion
The whole topic of this blog, is the end of the diva's division. Look at AJ. Since being embroiled in this Punk/Bryan/Kane feud(s), we haven't seen much wrestling from her, but she has been interesting. Look at Stacy Kiebler. She was involved with the Dudleys, Hurricane, Test, Steiner. She didn't always wrestle, but we got a lot of her and she was decent. I think the Diva's division needs to go away. Have the women be valets, or involved in storylines in other ways. Give it a year or two where they develop true stars in women down in FCW/NXT, and then call them up, and revitalize the division with true wrestling. Because frankly at this point, I don't see this Division becoming anything more than a joke that it is already.

Submit "End Of The Diva's" to Digg Submit "End Of The Diva's" to del.icio.us Submit "End Of The Diva's" to StumbleUpon Submit "End Of The Diva's" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    There's no interest for it. The fans don't cheer for them, they bring down ratings the longer they're on TV, and the WWE just doesn't see how they can make them money, and you're wondering why it's a "joke"? RAW and Smackdown are both ratings-based shows and they want the best profits possible each week. WWE can't just book it better. They need to know if what they book already can draw consecutively before that happens. They need interest or else WWE is just going to continue to see them as a waste of time and money. It's not their fault.
    Updated 07-21-2012 at 11:46 AM by OneTimePosterShorry
    Since Trish and Lita left, has anyone really cared about the women of the WWE? Beth Pheonix is a decent wrestler but really the WWE Divas are nothing compared to the TNA Knockouts.
    I'm not gonna lie, I recently tried to think of who the womens/divas champion was and I couldn't remember. I had to think for about 5 or 10 minutes before I remembered it was Layla. She doesn't have a personality.
    divas division is officially dead
    The Divas are on life support. But I sense that Trips is going to find a way to revive the division, as witnessed by the signing of Sara Del Rey and Buggy Nova. So I wouldn't write an obituary for the Divas division just yet.

When was the last time we even seen Layla or Beth on TV? At least we've got Eve to look at lately... for the 2 minutes she's on
    Quote Originally Posted by MjBryan17
    When was the last time we even seen Layla or Beth on TV? At least we've got Eve to look at lately... for the 2 minutes she's on
    When was the last time Layla or Beth got a decent crowd reaction...? Yeah, thought so.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.