View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Sudden Impact: Aces & 8's. The Deadman's Hand

Rate this Entry
Hey Wrestling fans. The Saviour here with another edition of, Sudden Impact, where it's all TNA, and nothing else.

Now usually, there's very little to no mention of the evil empire from up north. But I feel compelled to start this with an advertisement of sorts. Come the weekend, I'll be posting a very special Abdominal Stretch, as we come up on the heels of Raw's 1000th Episode. This will be a must read.

Anyway, let's get to Sudden Impact, shall we?

Aces & 8's Strikes Again

Well, I think we're getting a better idea of what's going on with this new group, now called Aces & 8's. They begin by attacking Angle. They destroy the Gut Check contestant, Sam Shaw. (Did anyone notice Luke Gallows as one of those guys? If it's not him, it sure reminds me of him) To my count, this is like 3 or 4 weeks of just random attacks. That's enough. Now start taking a direction with it. We, as fans, need a purpose, an identity, something.

BFG & OFN Together

It was a great concept. Have the leaders of the BFG, take their choice of who to call out. That's the good part. The bad part is, it turned out to be such a tease.

James Storm called out Angle, just to find out that Angle was an Aces & 8's victim. So we got no Angle, and no Storm in the end.

Joe vs Pope, had the makings of a good match, but it just didn't seem to come off that way. Joe did a lot of punching and Pope really seemed uninterested in this match and it showed in his work.

Jeff Hardy comes out to call out someone and as I had my hopes for an AJ Styles or a Magnus call out, we get the Jersey Shore wannabe interrupt him and we end up with that match...and on top of that, he wins by count out.

Mr Anderson & AJ was good. I was happy to see a clean win. I was expecting more Jerry Springer drama. We got that after the match though. The pin looked off though. Like they botched it or something.

Nothing else in the OFN was really worth noting. RVD/Daniels & Magnus/Bully were both decent matches.

Jerry Springer Continues

This is starting to get painful. Get a Paternity test done, that's how you can prove it. Pics don't get it done. Im sticking by it. Daniels and Claire are in on this together.

Bobby Roode vs Austin AriesI

I'll be honest. I was not expecting them to actually give us this match. Boy am I glad I was wrong. What another great match. Sucky ending, but great match. And these two are going to go at it at Hardcore Justice? Can't wait.

Overall, it was entertaining, but there was something off about it. A lot of botches. Endings not being real crisp. Even in the main event, they came back from a commercial, and 10 seconds later, went to another commercial.

Before I end this. I do have a bit of a debate statement here as pertains to TNA. I've noticed that not many people have much of an identity. What I mean is, there's so much talent with Magnus, Pope, even Crimson and Gunner. And there's really nothing for them to do. It's almost like the equivalent to having a roster full of, I don't know, Alex Rileys. Thinking about it...what is Pope's purpose? What is he supposed to be? What about Magnus? What gimmick do these guys have? What do they have to fight for each week.

They really need some feud building. I've said this a long time ago, they need another title. A mid-card title. And they need to build feuds with Devon for that TV Title. These guys really need something to do, instead of just showing up once in a while.

Well, I know this went a little long and seemed like more of a rant than usual. But I would like to thank you all for reading and for supporting Sudden Impact. Remember, the special Abdominal Stretch will be up by the end of the weekend. It will be a must read.

Be Safe Everyone.

Submit "Sudden Impact: Aces & 8's. The Deadman's Hand" to Digg Submit "Sudden Impact: Aces & 8's. The Deadman's Hand" to del.icio.us Submit "Sudden Impact: Aces & 8's. The Deadman's Hand" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sudden Impact: Aces & 8's. The Deadman's Hand" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Interesting blog, I don't watch TNA anymore purely because with school & a part time job I have no free time left over. But it does sound promising, as soon as Hogan is off tv I'll probably come back and give TNA another go.
    I also felt maybe the Aces and Eights bit was becoming somewhat saturated. "Who are they" and "why are they doing this" have been the only questions asked in the last month. My question is "how do they keep getting away without some kind of save from the locker room?" The lack of solidarity, or at least alliance, between wrestlers seems significant in a way that I don't think TNA has really thought out. XD

I liked the twist at the end, with Roode taking a beatdown as well. I like the notion that these guys are independent of anybody currently on the roster, or on staff.
    -Aces n 8's is basically TNA's nexus angel except they're leaned from WWE's mistake and are gonna execute it how WWE couldn't.
    -The Springer is mainly bad because of AJ styles and Claire's HORRIBLE acting, but I do enjoy it when the crowd chants 'Jerry'
    -Great blog, well reviewed
    Gr8 Review n I really want Gunner/Crimson/Pope to go after TV Title...

n one of those 8 is Luke Gallows...Luke has paid his dues in Ring ka King....so he may get an entry into TNA... (I still don't understand why E let him go away..he's big n a decent wrestler...)
    Wouldn't it be great if one of the eight was Joey Ryan?
    Maybe Taz can get attacked too.
    I hope this is not a one and done thing maybe some of the better talent of the eight will get signed, and stick for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Toad
    Wouldn't it be great if one of the eight was Joey Ryan?
    Maybe Taz can get attacked too.
    I hope this is not a one and done thing maybe some of the better talent of the eight will get signed, and stick for awhile.
    ^^^ Great minds think alike. I was thinking the same thing.
    ^^^I guess Joey Ryan is also one among those 8...but, they'll not attack Taz..because the moment they attack Taz....ppl will understand Ryan is one among them....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.