View RSS Feed

knox

Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Hey guys Knox here hoping all is well. In light of Daniel Bryan & AJ's "engagement" on Raw, I wanted to blog on some of my favorite couple in wrestling over the past years. I hope you all enjoy this. I will indeed piss people off with my rankings but hey, that's what wrestling is all about. Hope you all enjoy. Also, this will be "On-Air" Couples

Why I didn't include Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth?
I'm going to get a ton of heat for not including Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth in my main list. The reason being is because I just didn't enjoy them. I'm sure they were a great real life couple but I just didn't enjoy them. I loved Macho, but just wasn't a big fan of Elizabeth.

I feel like in the 80s she was put on this huge plaque just for being Randy's wife. I just felt like she offered nothing to the product but a pretty face and beautiful dresses. Basically, she was overrated to me. No disrespect to her at all.

I just want this list to include couples that weren't one sided. I want this list to include couples in which both parties played their parts in being dominant or just plain good.

Honorable Mentions:

• Santino & Beth Phoenix
  • Diamond Dallas Page & Kimberly Page
  • Matt Hardy & Lita

Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time:

5. Booker T & Sharmell

I loved these guys together on camera. They were awesome in the "King Booker" days. Sharmell played a great heel and mouthpiece for Booker T. Out of all the couples we've seen on television, you can tell they were a real couple because Sharmell always just seemed like a very supportive wife. When she was managing Booker during those matches when he took bumps, you could seen the pain on Sharmell's face as if it was her taking those bumps. They had great chemistry and even continued that over in TNA.

4. Eric Young & ODB

Before you all comment and bash this choice, only do it if you actually watch TNA. If you don't watch TNA, you can't comment and say these guys shouldn't be on the list. They are great together and very comedic. I love this couple. They are more of an R-Rated Santino & Beth. The woman clearly runs things. Love these two.

3. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon

Yup, we all know the story of these two. Real life couple but also great on television. I will never forget the drive thru wedding and also the actual wedding on Raw in which Vince caught a pedigree. They might be 3rd on my list but if we're talking the richest couple, lol they would easily be #1.

2. Shane Douglas & Francine

You need atleast one very over the top couple on the list and that was these two. She played her role as the on camera slut and Shane certainly treated her like one. Great stuff, they to me solidified what ECW was all about and that was profanity, hardcore wrestling and beautiful half naked women.

1. Edge & Lita

Ok, Edge is my favorite wrestler of all time so maybe I'm biased but he & Lita were great together. I was tempted to put Edge & Vickie on the list but we'll save that for the power couples list. Lita & Edge were cool. I was hurt at how she played Matt and all but it sure made for great television.

Conclusion:
Hope you all enjoyed the list and I certainly hope you guys didn't misunderstand what I said about Miss Elizabeth. Its no disrespect to her, I just feel like she was irrelevant. She barely did anything but stand there. Never really talked on the mic or anything. Anyway guys, please leave feedback. And be safe. Se ya guys later. Until then.

Submit "Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time" to Digg Submit "Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time" to Google

Updated 07-17-2012 at 01:33 AM by knox

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    As usual I've got to give bro' Knox the nod. Like every other teenage male wrestling fan I was in love with Elizabeth, but looking back she didn't do a whole lot but she was always there. Playboy Steve brought up one of the greatest couples in wrestling at the time....Tully Blanchard & Babydoll(I had to rewatch my Horsemen DVD).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    Savage/ Elizabeth not being on this list (regardless of position) is ridiculous. Liz may not have been the "strong diva" of today, but she added a very integral element to the huge amount of success Macho Man had. The way she played the "damsel in distress" provided much of the material through which Macho got a lot of his heat during his early heel run. The fact that she did seem so loyal and sweet made Macho's treatment of her seem THAT much more despicable. She also provided the angle necessary for the Mega Powers break-up and subsequent feud with Hulk Hogan. No matter your personal dislike for the actual character, you still need to recognize her contributions, which more than equal (and in my opinion, surpass) many that you do actually have on the list.
    You know I hear you and your points are great. I don't hate Liz. She is one of the all time great personalities. My opinion on Liz is rough, if you read my post. She is just really hard to classify. Was she original? Yes. Did she bring Savage a lot of heel heat and face time? Yes. Has anyone played her unique role better? No. Is she one of the all time greats? Yes. Does she deserve to be in the HOF? Yes right beside Savage.

I just have a problem classifying her. She wasn't a diva by definition on what diva's are suppose to be. Is she considered powerful as this blog is listing "power" couples? Not in the least.

So if this blog was changed to top 5 female personalities or Top females who made their men better, then I would put Liz high up there cause nobody played her role better and got emotion out of the crowd. But a power couple they were not. A couple would mean 2 powerful people and lets face if, Savage was the only power in that couple and she was a prop for him to get heat or emotional face moments.

Just my opinion, but I know a lot of people who have your same opinion. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, but I just don't see Liz on this list by definition.
    Updated 07-18-2012 at 01:57 PM by Playboy Stevie V
    Edge & Lita > Matt Hardy & Lita = BULLSH!T. Yeah, you definately are biased on that one.

No Triple H & Chyna? Jericho & Chyna, even? (former tag team champions!!!)
    You suck at writing blogs! Seriously you wrote this simply to draw heat. Everyone knows Randy and Elizabeth were the best couple you RETARD!
    I could have swore this blog said power couples yesterday. Now it just says couples?

Man i got to get my eyes checked. Because if its just couples and not power couples then Liz and Savage has to be on that list imo.
    I agree with Knox on the Miss Elizabeth part. She was more of a valet than a manager. Kinda like when HHH had the valets walk him to the ring. If she would've talked more then it would be different. I would have added Tommy Dreamer and Beulah as well as Tammy and Chris Candido. Two great couples. HHH and Shawn made a good couple too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudfather222
    You suck at writing blogs! Seriously you wrote this simply to draw heat. Everyone knows Randy and Elizabeth were the best couple you RETARD!
    Lol its clear your my biggest fan on here. My last 3 or 4 blogs received very good reviews but you were nowhere to be found. But the second I put up a controversial blog, you quickly add your negative 2 cents.

I like people like you. Your the type of guy that only opens your mouth or typing finger to express something negative. You'll never comment a blog of mine you like just because its that hard for you to enjoy something.

You must have something terribly going on with you. I truly hope you find what your looking for. But people like you are the reason I blog. If people are vocal enough to bash you, you must be doing something right.

Good day.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.