View RSS Feed

knox

Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Hey guys Knox here hoping all is well. In light of Daniel Bryan & AJ's "engagement" on Raw, I wanted to blog on some of my favorite couple in wrestling over the past years. I hope you all enjoy this. I will indeed piss people off with my rankings but hey, that's what wrestling is all about. Hope you all enjoy. Also, this will be "On-Air" Couples

Why I didn't include Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth?
I'm going to get a ton of heat for not including Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth in my main list. The reason being is because I just didn't enjoy them. I'm sure they were a great real life couple but I just didn't enjoy them. I loved Macho, but just wasn't a big fan of Elizabeth.

I feel like in the 80s she was put on this huge plaque just for being Randy's wife. I just felt like she offered nothing to the product but a pretty face and beautiful dresses. Basically, she was overrated to me. No disrespect to her at all.

I just want this list to include couples that weren't one sided. I want this list to include couples in which both parties played their parts in being dominant or just plain good.

Honorable Mentions:

• Santino & Beth Phoenix
  • Diamond Dallas Page & Kimberly Page
  • Matt Hardy & Lita

Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time:

5. Booker T & Sharmell

I loved these guys together on camera. They were awesome in the "King Booker" days. Sharmell played a great heel and mouthpiece for Booker T. Out of all the couples we've seen on television, you can tell they were a real couple because Sharmell always just seemed like a very supportive wife. When she was managing Booker during those matches when he took bumps, you could seen the pain on Sharmell's face as if it was her taking those bumps. They had great chemistry and even continued that over in TNA.

4. Eric Young & ODB

Before you all comment and bash this choice, only do it if you actually watch TNA. If you don't watch TNA, you can't comment and say these guys shouldn't be on the list. They are great together and very comedic. I love this couple. They are more of an R-Rated Santino & Beth. The woman clearly runs things. Love these two.

3. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon

Yup, we all know the story of these two. Real life couple but also great on television. I will never forget the drive thru wedding and also the actual wedding on Raw in which Vince caught a pedigree. They might be 3rd on my list but if we're talking the richest couple, lol they would easily be #1.

2. Shane Douglas & Francine

You need atleast one very over the top couple on the list and that was these two. She played her role as the on camera slut and Shane certainly treated her like one. Great stuff, they to me solidified what ECW was all about and that was profanity, hardcore wrestling and beautiful half naked women.

1. Edge & Lita

Ok, Edge is my favorite wrestler of all time so maybe I'm biased but he & Lita were great together. I was tempted to put Edge & Vickie on the list but we'll save that for the power couples list. Lita & Edge were cool. I was hurt at how she played Matt and all but it sure made for great television.

Conclusion:
Hope you all enjoyed the list and I certainly hope you guys didn't misunderstand what I said about Miss Elizabeth. Its no disrespect to her, I just feel like she was irrelevant. She barely did anything but stand there. Never really talked on the mic or anything. Anyway guys, please leave feedback. And be safe. Se ya guys later. Until then.

Submit "Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time" to Digg Submit "Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5 Wrestling Couples of All Time" to Google

Updated 07-17-2012 at 01:33 AM by knox

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    This list is silly without Savage/Elizabeth and HBK/Sherri.
    For your own crack at a Top 5 Wrestling Couples, it was a decent list bro. (I'm adding, you WILL get heat for tossing in the words "of All Time" in there LOL).

I'm never going to forget the drive-thru wedding!!! That was pure gold... After reading it, I HAD to go back and watch it! LOL

I may have ranked Booker/Sharmell slightly higher though. Yet I agree with the most part of your list. Eric Young/ODB are hilarious together. As for your top pic, I'll full out agree with you.

Good Blog bud.
    @kylos, yea hbk/sherri were awesome and played an amazing role in his career. But what did miss Elizabeth do other than get knocked off the ring post and play a vallet for Savage.

Now i would certainly add Savage/Sherri to the list. Sherri was a gr3at heel and did excellent with macho. And if im not mistaken wasn't Sherri just Shawn's manager? I dont remember them actually being a couple on air but i could be wrong.

@pheonyx, thanks alot bro, i can always count on you to say something cool. I didn't think anyone would agree with Edge/Lita being #1 but they were great.
    Updated 07-17-2012 at 01:55 PM by knox
    Savage - Elizabeth needs to be on the list. I would remove EY-ODB and Booker-SharmellI think the following couples were betterEdge - VikiGolddust - MarlenaDDP - KimberlyHHH - Chyna
    Updated 07-17-2012 at 02:41 PM by Seanb93
    ODB/Eric Young make this list a shame. HHH/Steph should be the top of the list as does Savage and Liz. Talk about powerful couples....you talk about having their emotions involved in their relationship with the ups and downs between the two. WM7 had people in tears when they reunited. Comedy couples shouldn't even make the list.
    Hey KNOX, I'm gonna get my ass kicked with you on this one, but I totally agree with you about Elizabeth. I know it's a controversial opinion but the word "diva" or "power" would tell me that the woman in question had her own opinion and could stand up for herself. She was a prop. She was basically what Virgil was to Ted Sr, but you don't ever hear anyone mentioning Virgil.

Liz was awful as a role model for younger fans, but great for Savage's career. She was basically a domestic violence victim and slave for Savage. She was a victim of verbal abuse and was the victim of a controlling male, kayfabe or not. She was afraid of her own shadow.

WCW tried to spice her up, but it looked and sounded so unnatural.

I respect her contributions to the industry, but I'm with Knox on the Liz issue.

I might have added Tully Blanchard and Baby Doll and Kevin Sullivan and Woman though.
    Updated 07-17-2012 at 04:45 PM by Playboy Stevie V
    Yes, HHH v Chyna for sure. Also, have to put Macho & Liz, almost as the ones that started it all (which I might argue Jimmy Garvin & Precious). Edge & Vickie.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.